Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Port & Tubing For Broken Band

I am one of the bandsters from an earlier era (banded in Sept. 2006) who recently got extremely dismayed when I went for a check up after noticing a sudden reduction in restriction (The first Check up on the band since six-months Post-Op) and discovered a large hole in the mechanism where the port and the tubing attach.

I have to say that I am absolutely positively SHOCKED -- to have watched as the Fluid just leaked right out into my body when the Doctor attempted to retract Fluid and refill.

Initially, I was absolutely FURIOUS... but then relieved at the explanation as to why I have been gaining and gaining. On April 25th, a doctor in Toledo, Ohio is scheduled to get me a replacement port. I am looking forward to it but absolutely frightened that I am no longer equipped to be successful with the band. Its time to revitilize my efforts.

I am still kind of angry that I have not been able to eat without utilizing the band as a tool. I am scheduled to get a new port under MAC anesthesia

Stats:

Comorbidity: Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 joint replacements)

High Weight: 255

Low Weight (2010 after suffering from major depression disorder) 148

Current Weight: 180 and climbing :-\

Keep us up to date please! Everything will work out. Sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm glad its getting fixed!

I'm gald they are able to replace the port for you. I hope the newer band will offer you security for years to come. I have wondered if those that have had it for so long, if they had it removed....if they would suddenly start gaining weight again. Just shows that it can't all be about

Thanks for forging the path for the rest of us....It must have been very scary to have it done when it was so new.

I am one of the bandsters from an earlier era (banded in Sept. 2006) who recently got extremely dismayed when I went for a check up after noticing a sudden reduction in restriction (The first Check up on the band since six-months Post-Op) and discovered a large hole in the mechanism where the port and the tubing attach.

I have to say that I am absolutely positively SHOCKED -- to have watched as the Fluid just leaked right out into my body when the Doctor attempted to retract Fluid and refill.

Initially, I was absolutely FURIOUS... but then relieved at the explanation as to why I have been gaining and gaining. On April 25th, a doctor in Toledo, Ohio is scheduled to get me a replacement port. I am looking forward to it but absolutely frightened that I am no longer equipped to be successful with the band. Its time to revitilize my efforts.

I am still kind of angry that I have not been able to eat without utilizing the band as a tool. I am scheduled to get a new port under MAC anesthesia

Stats:

Comorbidity: Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 joint replacements)

High Weight: 255

Low Weight (2010 after suffering from major depression disorder) 148

Current Weight: 180 and climbing :-\

So sorry you are having to go through what you are going through, but it could have been worse.

Keep up the good work & try to stay positive!

Hi. My tubing somehow wasn't connected to my port the first time around. I had my old 14 cc lap band replaced and now have a 10 cc. First time thru was very discouraging, but with the new band I am losing steadily.

Let's hope for the best and be confident that your new surgery will correct the situation and you will be back on track!