Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Op And Starving!

I have been reading all these post from those of you just banded and making my shopping list. I have the Protein stuff already...keep it here for my kids that play sports. I still have to get the broths, jello's, heating pads, so on and so on..

This forum has been very helpful.

I also was banded Friday the 13th! Two days post op and I'm dying. I had an Isopure clear protien drink earlier and it just didn't do it for me. This is definitely going to be a tough road, but glad to know I'm not alone.

I also was banded Friday the 13th! Two days post op and I'm dying. I had an Isopure clear protien drink earlier and it just didn't do it for me. This is definitely going to be a tough road' date=' but glad to know I'm not alone.[/quote']

How are you feeling? I had a Protein shake today and my stomach is still growling like crazy but I feel fuller. I'll take that over the hunger I got before I had the shake. Im looking forward to the mushy phase of recovery.

You're very right about it being a tough road. But I can't wait to get to my goal! :-)

Well let's just say I'm crying in bed. Having my apartment smell like food and watching my mom and get fiancé eat is so tough. Im a vegetarian and those chicken tacos looked so amazinggg sigh /: but I understand that the first couple of weeks will be the toughest. I can't wait to get to my goal but for now I'm just trying to mentally take this all in. Having no one understand what I'm going through is the hardest part right now, other then wanting to eat my whole kitchen. Sigh.

I know what you guys are feeling. I had to cook for my family and all I wanted to do was stuff my face with the food. This is gonna be tougher than I thought

How long are you guys taking to drink your shakes? This morning I had about 8 oz and took about 15min to drink it. I didn't feel like I was going to fast while I was drinking it but now about 10 min later I am feeling very full! Today I decided not only to journal what I ate but the times and how I felt afterwards. Yesterday I would eat and feel like I was starving a few min later so I thought I should journal to see what makes me feel full longer and what doesn't help much.

Just got off with dr office and the nurse said No Protein Shakes to maybe thursday :-(..

Just an FYI...Pinterest and a liquid diet DO NOT go well together! Got to get off the computer!

Gottobeme- I hear ya! I am all head hunger- I have been trolling pinterest looking for band friendly foods for me, as well as new things to cook for my family- it's torture. Must.stop.pinning.

Hint for those still to be banded with a family that is used to having you cook for them- I made TONS of dishes pre-surgery that my DH could heat up easily. It has saved us all some major grief- he is not looking for help, and I am steeled enough to what they are eating that I can come sit with them and visit during the meal without weeping (much). It was harsh to do all that food prep during the pre-op diet (I made a pot of chili the night before my surgery, when I wasn't even allowed to eat anything) but I am so thankful for it now! Bonus- I don't have to smell takeout :)

weight at start of pre surgery diet - 304/current weight 293/surgery scheduled for April 10!

I aw banded on 13th, too. I'm on Clear Liquids only for two weeks, then full liquids for two weeks. I'm so sick of both. I was 2 weeks liquid prior to surgery, too. The thought of broth makes me want to gag. I try not o think about it because it's such a long time. My stomach rumbles, but I think it's gas. I'd rather not "eat" than have more broth, Jello, or juice.< /p>

How long are you guys taking to drink your shakes? This morning I had about 8 oz and took about 15min to drink it. I didn't feel like I was going to fast while I was drinking it but now about 10 min later I am feeling very full! Today I decided not only to journal what I ate but the times and how I felt afterwards. Yesterday I would eat and feel like I was starving a few min later so I thought I should journal to see what makes me feel full longer and what doesn't help much.

You might want to try and journal an emotion with that as well. It will help you decide it it is head hunger or you are truly hungry.

i am 5 days out. i have had the protien shakes, the broth, the blended Soups, and some blended overeasy eggs. i had some grits with chicken broth. that helped. i am still having a hard time with the no food thing. very frustrated!

I am 4 days out and I have had shakes (sugar-free carnation instant Breakfast is a Godsend!), and I made a pot of creamy cauliflower Soup. However, today was the first day that I was actually hungry. I think my swelling is going down, so maybe that is contributing to the new hunger. When you say blended eggs...did you liquify them? I have been worried that I'm not getting enough Protein and contemplating some soft scrambled eggs. I don't think I could stomach blended eggs.

I know what you guys are feeling. I had to cook for my family and all I wanted to do was stuff my face with the food. This is gonna be tougher than I thought

I feel ya im only in my 10 day liquid diet my surgery is 4/25 :)

weight.png