Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am New Here

oneangel34
Sign in to follow this  

I will be getting the Lap Band on the 30th of this month. I start my liquid diet on Monday.

I am so nervous. I don't know what to think anymore. I keep hearing bad stories of people that have had REAL bad complications from their band.

I want it soooooooo bad! I just keep saying they must have done something wrong.

They must be responsible for the bad things that have happened to them.

I KNOW you have to follow the rules!Or bad things can happen. I just don't know if deep down I believe it all.....

It's real scary at times. then at other times I am SO SURE this is right for me!

Do you ever second guess yourself, and your decision to get the Lap Band? Is this normal?

Welcome! I think that you will find way more positive stories here versus negative ones....good luck with the pre-op....I am on day 8 and going strong!

I think it is normal to second guess yourself right up until you are put under...and then some!

I was just banded on Friday and although I knew I would go through with it, I did still second guess myself all along. I also have read about a lot of people that at about 3 days post op (I'm 2 right now) start wondering what in the world have they done! A couple of weeks later they all seem to be very happy with their decision.

Hang in there!

Teri

I am in the pre surgery phase too. I just got scheduled for my surgery on May 18th. I am already wondering how it will be and why I couldn't to do this on my own with diet and exercise. Then, I think about all the money and time I have spent on fad diets that haven't worked. I am starting to have health issues that are due to being over weight. That combined with my ex husband passing away of cancer in December woke me up and made me decide to do this. I need to be healthy for my sons and MYSELF! I It is going to be a tool for us to use to get healthy and live. You are not alone I am right there with you. I am so happy I found this site and found other who feel the same way. Hang in there and best of luck!

I am at 3 days pot op and ya i question weather i did the right thing or not. but i think thats just the post op blues. I am feeling more like myself today so for now its just one day at a time.

I am glad that I am not alone in this. I didn't know so many people second guessed themselves like I am. It makes me feel like I am going to be OK.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I will be trying to keep up with your journeys too!!

I have questioned this decision. Lots. Complications. What if it just doesn't work? I'm mourning my old BFF food. Which is weird because I'm still not really hungry. Then I press on. I'm determined. If it doesn't work, I gave it everything I have. I keep on repeating " It has to work. If I follow the rules, it WILL work for me".

The complications is what worries me the most. I have people in my life who keep telling me about people they know who have had trouble. But I think a lot of them tried to use the bad wrong, and where over filled and that's what caused their problems. I don't know. I have watched a lot of people on YouTube who have success with their Lap Bands. I just pray I am a success too! My husband is also worried, and that makes me worry more! LOL

I start my liquid diet tomorrow! I am not turning back! I have my eyes on the future! I am so excited, I just have to calm my nerves.....

Oneangel what shakes are you using? I don't start my liquid diet till May 8th. You can do it!

Oneangel what shakes are you using? I don't start my liquid diet till May 8th. You can do it!

I am going to use the ones from Wal- Mart. they are called "Eat Good Look Great PURE Protein Shake" They are 23 grams of protein. I don't know any other kind I can use. Do you know of any that I might can use? I can't use Boost, Ensure, Slim Fast or any other Body Builder type supplements or anything with Creatine in it..... It has to have under 200 calories, and 20+ protein in it, and less than 10 grams of Carbs. I am going to shop around and see if their are any that are higher in protein than the ones I have. Because I have to get at least 64 grams of protein a day.

There are a lot of Protein Shakes out there. I was very lucky pre op that my clinic sells their own which have 100 cal and 15g of Protein. I do use some of them now along with others that I have gotten at costco and GNC. An excellent source is Unjury and you can find links to them on this site. I have had some in the past and they we're pretty good.

As for people who have had the lap band and things are not working for them there are as many reasons as there are people with bands not working for them. From what I've read sometimes the band does not work but those seem to be very rare cases, it's usually the people who do not work the band. Also keep in mind that advances in the band and surgery procedures have been made recently and problems that were common in the past are now considered uncommon.

I am at the pre-op stage, so I can't offer any personal experiences with the band. However, I have been researching weight loss surgery for almost three years, primarily because of my insurance requirements. For me, I've determined the band is by far the best tool out there to help me manage my weight, and that the complications associated with it are significantly less risky than my obesity is. My surgeon believes the band will work for me (he performs other types of weight loss surgeries as well), and although I do completely trust him, I still question almost every single day whether I am doing the right thing. I have accepted that I will likely have doubts until the anesthetic takes effect on my surgery day, but I have reached the point now where I just want to get it done and behind me; I am hopeful that this procedure will truly be life-altering and that I will finally be able to maintain a healthy weight instead of repeatedly yo-yoing up and down.

I am at the pre-op stage, so I can't offer any personal experiences with the band. However, I have been researching weight loss surgery for almost three years, primarily because of my insurance requirements. For me, I've determined the band is by far the best tool out there to help me manage my weight, and that the complications associated with it are significantly less risky than my obesity is. My surgeon believes the band will work for me (he performs other types of weight loss surgeries as well), and although I do completely trust him, I still question almost every single day whether I am doing the right thing. I have accepted that I will likely have doubts until the anesthetic takes effect on my surgery day, but I have reached the point now where I just want to get it done and behind me; I am hopeful that this procedure will truly be life-altering and that I will finally be able to maintain a healthy weight instead of repeatedly yo-yoing up and down.

When is your surgery date? I have done a lot of research too, and I know this is what I need for my weight loss. I am on my pre op diet now, and today wasn't real bad I don't guess, but I am sure I didn't consume enough liquids. i will have to do better tomorrow.

I think everyone on here has had bad days, questioning their decision, and second guessing themselves. I know I did! However, I believe you have to keep a positive mind set to attract positive results. Keep looking at all the good results, good experiences, and surround yourself with positive people who will support your decision and your journey.

Keep moving forward :)

One pound at a time!

hugs,

julie

When is your surgery date? I have done a lot of research too, and I know this is what I need for my weight loss. I am on my pre op diet now, and today wasn't real bad I don't guess, but I am sure I didn't consume enough liquids. i will have to do better tomorrow.

Keep trying on the liquids---that's the best we can do. I have been trying to train myself, too, and am struggling but am confident it will be worth it. My surgery is June 5. I was originally scheduled for April10, but I had to have an emergency appendectomy on April 2, which delayed my surgery. However, if it had to happen, I'm glad it's done and out of the way before my band surgery.