Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acid Reflux At Night After Small Fill

Just got a 1cc fill leaving me with a 3 cc fill I have been having bad acid reflux. At night. Ill be sleeping and acid shoots up in my thirst chocking me. I have even raised head of bed taken nexium before bed but still wake up with reflux. Does this go away after a while I'm at good spot with fill other wise decreased hunger ect. I'm going to try drinking only shakes for tomorrow. Hoping not to have a unfill i dont have much in my band just 3cc ? Has anyone had this and it went away after awhile? Should I be eating different?

Last night was sooo hard woke up several times choking.? I really don't want to unfil everything else is just right. ;,,(

Talk to your surgeon. You should not be experiencing acid reflux at night that severe. Even removing just a tiny fill amount (.2cc) can make a huge difference.

Everyone experiences fill levels different. So "only" being at 3cc's doesn't mean much really. If you find restriction at 1 or 2 cc's.. awesome!

Don't keep your band too tight. The ramifications are not worth it. Get it checked out before you do damage.

Talk to your surgeon. You should not be experiencing acid reflux at night that severe. Even removing just a tiny fill amount (.2cc) can make a huge difference.

Thanks yeah I think I'm going to check to see if I have hiatial hernia I have always had some reflux but not like this. After reading about HH I could have one since I take nexium and it's not helping now

Everyone experiences fill levels different. So "only" being at 3cc's doesn't mean much really. If you find restriction at 1 or 2 cc's.. awesome!

Don't keep your band too tight. The ramifications are not worth it. Get it checked out before you do damage.

I had a similar issue for a couple of months and I swear I was not too tight. I could eat ANYTHINg and my hunger was not well controlled. I was taking Nexium and it was not helping. I ended up having most of my Fluid taken out as I stupidly tried to eat steak and got horrible stuck. I am in the process of being refilled. Am now up to 4ml in a 10ml band - previously I had 6ml. I have no restriction and am struggling with hunger. I have had 1 episode of reflux in this time so I am not sure what is causing it.

I hope you get yours sorted out. 3ml does not sound as though it should be too tight.

My response didn't post under quote? Anyway I decided to go to dr to check for a hiatial hernia I have always had some reflux but not like this. Also going to see if DR wants to do a small infill Just so bummed I am at such a good spot oh we'll I knw I have read others like you el that have had to infill. I'll get through this.

My response didn't post under quote? Anyway I decided to go to dr to check for a hiatial hernia I have always had some reflux but not like this. Also going to see if DR wants to do a small infill Just so bummed I am at such a good spot oh we'll I knw I have read others like you el that have had to infill. I'll get through this.

You can still be in the sweet spot with a small unfill. I was experiencing the same thing and a .2cc unfil made all the difference in the world. I am able to eat, can go for hours upon end w/o eating and no reflux, PBing, or vomiting!!! Good luck!