Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pulled Stomach Muscle....

I went in yesterday for my first adjustment. I had a feeling they wouldnt do anything because when I got to work I started experiencing some terrible cramping in my stomach right where the port is... Was unable to stand up straight and walking was even super painful. When I went to mt appointment they said I pulled a muscle where the port is located and couldn't do a fill because if the swelling. All this caused from me switching up my exersice from walking on the treadmill to running up and down my stairs. I had no idea I would hurt myself doing that. Now I cant go to work today because if terrible muscle spasms... Has anyone else experienced something like this. I'm in so much pain right now and don't know how to get any relief.

I went in yesterday for my first adjustment. I had a feeling they wouldnt do anything because when I got to work I started experiencing some terrible cramping in my stomach right where the port is... Was unable to stand up straight and walking was even super painful. When I went to mt appointment they said I pulled a muscle where the port is located and couldn't do a fill because if the swelling. All this caused from me switching up my exersice from walking on the treadmill to running up and down my stairs. I had no idea I would hurt myself doing that. Now I cant go to work today because if terrible muscle spasms... Has anyone else experienced something like this. I'm in so much pain right now and don't know how to get any relief.

I pulled a muscle about two weeks ago in my rib area. If was from doing a row machine. I went to Urgent care it hurt so bad...it even hurt to breathe. I took 800 mg of Ibuprofen 3x a day for about 5 days and the inflammation went away.

I pulled a muscle about two weeks ago in my rib area. If was from doing a row machine. I went to Urgent care it hurt so bad...it even hurt to breathe. I took 800 mg of Ibuprofen 3x a day for about 5 days and the inflammation went away.

I have 800 mg of ibuprofen too... Did u have to cut it in half? The pills are kinda big. I split one yesterday to be on the safe side but since I didn't take it all at once it didn't seem to help.

DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN! It is bad for for pouch. Take a Tylenol type product.

DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN! It is bad for for pouch. Take a Tylenol type product.

The doctor I saw yesterday said I could take Advil... What will it do?

You don't have restriction yet so the ibuprofen wouldn't be sitting in the pouch so its ok.....it was your surgeon who told you to take it right?

Ibuprophen is harsh for the normal persons system, so when a bandster taks it, its worse....it can sit in the pouch and irritate the linning....so most doctors what you to only take tylenol.

You don't have restriction yet so the ibuprofen wouldn't be sitting in the pouch so its ok.....it was your surgeon who told you to take it right?

Ibuprophen is harsh for the normal persons system' date=' so when a bandster taks it, its worse....it can sit in the pouch and irritate the linning....so most doctors what you to only take tylenol.[/quote']

It wasn't the surgeon but the one who would have done the fill. I'm not sure what she is.

I am going through a similar situation. I had total hip replacement surgery in January and my hip was extremely bad and so that has made my recovery take longer and be a bit more intensive. Anyway, shortly after, I developed some swelling up around my port area and started having some pain there. Doc was worried I had maybe flipped my port so I had to have an Esophagram and Upper GI done recently to check not only my band, but also for hernias etc.

Everything turned out fine and I just had a followup appt. with my Doctor this past week, he feels that I likely have pulled a muscle in there from the strain of recovery from my hip surgery, using my upper body muscles so much to move around. And similar to your situation with your fill, I had an UNfill this week and my Doc had trouble getting to my port, likely because of that swelling?

I notice the pain isnt as severe as it was a few weeks back so hoping that the swelling starts to go down soon as well...

wishing you the best, hope that pain and swelling starts to ease up soon...

Ibuprofen is a NSAID Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. All NSAIDs can cause stomach problems. Also people who took large amounts of NSAIDS have been seen to have more blood clots in the brain (ie strokes!). I am convinced that the non perscription ibuprofen and then perscription strength NSAID I took long term led to my having a stroke at 39. I had been taking A LOT of Ibuprofen to deal with horrible knee pain.

The nurse giving your fill should have known as a bandster you should not be taking Advil. I would be concerned about their lack of knowledge if I were you. I would talk with your surgeon about it. To me it even rises to malpractice. Yes I am very passionate about NSAIDS but feel I have a reason to be.