Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Sure What I'm Doing Wrong

I was banded on 2/16/12. My starting weight (pre-op) was 207. I lost 13 pounds during the liquid diet phase. I have only lost 2 pounds since surgery. I've had 2 fills in a 10cc band. The first fill was 2cc and the second fill was 1cc. (The nurse put 2cc in during the second fill but had to take 1cc out because I couldn't swallow Water.)

I know this is a slow process, but really think I should see more results by now. I'm eating about half of what I was, and meeting my Protein requirements. I try to exercise at least 3 days a week and walk 2-3 miles each day.

Please help I'm getting extremely frustrated!

How many calories per day?

I shoot for at least one hour of cardio 7 days a week so that if I miss one day I've done 6 days. Are you measuring your Protein? My doctor says 3 oz per meal.

And you're already under 200? About 190? I am guessing since you have less weight to lose (assuming, unless you're shorter...) it will take a little longer. Don't get discouraged by looking at others dropping weight because most of us are closer to the 250's starting out, but when we get down to your weight, it will be harder for us too.

So you have lost 15 pounds in less than two months and you think there is something wrong??? You sound like you are right on track. YAY you!!! You will hit that sweet spot and have a good month or two but your body always has to recover and adjust to weght loss. Remember your first few visits and I bet your doc or nurse said Lapband isn't for rapid weight loss. It is meant to be slow but steady to prepare your body for success. I didn't lose more then 5 pounds the first 3 months then the 3rd fill was a miracle and I dropped a lot. You are on the right track and doing great!!!

Have u tried doing the liquid diet a couple of days to kinda shock your system? I hear some people do that. I don't pretend to have the answers :)

As mentioned above the lower your BMI the slower you will probably loose. Also even being 282 at time of surgery I lost slower than some because I had already lost about 100 pounds.

Im almost 6 weeks out and I lost 3 lbs from the pre-op diet ... and maybe 2-4 lbs since surgery. Trust me, as long as the scale is going down youre doing something right. It may take you a few more fills to get to the "green zone"

I just had my 1st fill yesterday .... I hear it takes a bit to get to that sweet spot where you're losing 2 lbs a week consistently.

It sound like you have less to lose. I had about 120 pounds to lose, banded on 2/20/12, lost 35 pounds so far with 3cc, but it sounds like I have more to lose. The less you need to lose, the slower it comes off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches