Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anethesia Appointment

Hi!

My appointment is 4/25, I'm wondering what usually happens at this appointment. Please share. Thanks

Lala

Mine is tomorrow :)

The usually discuss previous surgeries, allergies to medicines. Discuss any medical conditions. If you use a CPAP ask if you should bring it with you.

I did not have one of those. I was all prepped and ready to go in the OR in 5 minutes when he came around, asked a few questions, and had me sign some releases.

Idid have a pulmonary work up where things like sleep studies ans CPAP came up.

I had an appointment with the anesthesiologist 1 week before my surgery. They want to know all your past medical and past surgical history. If you have any major issues, he will want to know if you are cleared by that physician to proceed with surgery.(I have had a bad lung infection so he wanted to know if my pulmonologist had cleared me.) They want to know if you or any immediate family members have ever had a bad reaction to anesthesia. Mine went over my medication list and told me what to take the morning of surgery and what to skip. After he went through all that he did some education about the type of anesthesia they would be using, explained how it would all work the morning of surgery and had me sign the consent for anesthesia. At my hospital you meet the preop nurse the same day. She went over the preop shower, body wash protocol and how to use the Incentive Spirometer after surgery. It really wasn't a big deal and only took about 30 minutes. Good Luck!