Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 1/2 Years Post-Op: Hole In Lapband Tubing

After I got under 200 pounds, I stopped caring much about my lapband. I have one fill and I was satisfied. .. At one point (after suffering from severe major depression and PTSD) I got down to 148 pounds and had a body I had never had.. When I recovered from MDD, I gained 20 pounds.

Slowly, I noticed I had less and less friction when I ate. When the band was "effective" I had productive burps, and spit up every once and a while. Now, there is no productive burping at all.. I went in and saw a new doctor-- and explained how I felt? I went through a pre-approval process to get the band looked at underneath a special xray machine.. when he injected fluid-- it came right out.. right at the junction where the port and the tubing meet. :( I was right about losing friction slowly but surely! wow! --after another pre approval process; I am scheduled to get a new port and tube replacement.

I am now 180 pounds and really hope I can lose some of this extra weight before my DH and I try to try for our first child. Thanks for listening

I am so sorry that the band malfunctioned. As well as I am sorry that you suffered MDD. At least you can get it corrected and you are not back at starting weight. I beleive life is a journey and there is never really a "goal" but just the trip we must take. I hope your new proceedure goes well and you find yourself where you want to be. You definately didnt fail, the band did and you have still done very well!

Best wishes!

Good Luck to you.

Sorry to hear about that, I had a hole right from the get go, took 5 months and 7 fills before they figured it out, never lost a ounce, I had my port replacement surgery and after my second fill with that one ( 2 month after the second surgery ) i finally started loosing weight, so stick in there, sounds like you have been doing GREAT so far and the replacement band will give you a brand new jump start. right now things seem crappy but it will get better I promise! and the second surgery is nothing compared to the first.

Good luck!

Thanks Everyone - I am looking forward to April 25th

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches