Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 5 days post op and I go for my post op appointment this Thursday morning. I'm just wondering is there a trick to finding the port location. I have no clue where he put it. And I have tried to find it and have no idea. If not I will wait until my appointment and find out then.

Mine is on my right side. Look for your largest incision to the right or left of the belly button and that is likely where the port is located. Now that my incisions are closed up and not tender, I can press down and feel the top of my port.

is should be next to your largest scar. i have 3 incision. 2 very small and one about an inch long and my port is to the left of it at the base of my rib cage on the left.

My port is on the left side, few inches from my belly button..I didn't find mine under my 2nd week, b/c i was scared to press on my stomach...Good luck

Mine is on my right side of my stomach. When my Dr did my fill he had me do a slight sit up so he could feel around to find it. Now that I know where it is, I find that I can find it when lying on my left side.

Mine is just to the left of my belly button.

Mine too is located in the left side. The only time I notice it is during and right after a fill.

Mine is in the middle about 4-5 inches above my belly button, under my largest scar.

mine is on the right side where my largest scar

Mine is on the left, near large scar, left of belly button. If you just got your surgery, it will be the area that is the most tender to touch or push on. Mine was sore to push on for about a month..It was still tender for a few months. It's only been in the past month or so that it doesnt hurt at all if I press on it. I was banded Dec. 2, 2011. Hope that helps. Oh I was also told with mine, it was the nurse's preferred side.. That's why mine was on left and not the right. :)

Just above, and to the right of my belly button. Under the largest scar. I couldn't fell mine for about 2 months due to the swelling But it was definately the source of the majority of my pain after surgery. For months! 10 months out now, and a rarely have any pain unless I've done something to strain the muscles it is adhered to.

Mine was placed inside my belly button

slightly to my left

Felt mine the day of surgery since i'm impatient and

wanted to know if i could feel the band inside of me

(yes, i can)

Mine is on the right, five inches under the breast, which is at the stomach level. I had the laproscopy six years ago to place my band. You might have it somewhere else. I can feel the rectangular box that contains my port, no problem.

Don't worry! Your doctor will be able to find it. In the begginning stages of the band, it'll be a little bit more guess-work for your doctor to find it. He'll have the general location in mind, but he'll need to "jab" around a little bit with the needle to find the exact center of the port. (I remember my doctor jabbing around, which was uncomfortable but didn't actually hurt unless he jabbed my abs. THAT hurt. The rest of the time it was just weird.) As you lose weight, the port will become easier to feel, easier to find, and perhaps eventually able to be seen through the skin. (You can see my skin bulge ever so slightly where my port is.)

Middle, above belly button.