Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained Last Week. This Week Will Be Much Better:)

Last week, I apparently gained a pound at my weigh in. This week, I waked 3 days at the park and went hiking yesterday with my husband. Got on the scale this morning and it looks as if I may have lost 4 pounds since last Tuesday. Guess I will find out tomorrow at the weigh in:)

Honestly, I thought having the surgery would help me control my intake, but so far I really haven't noticed much if any restrictions, outside the first few weeks after surgery.

I have consistantly lost weight each week, except last week, but it had more to do with me watching everything I eat and writing it down, so I didn't lose control. I'm just concerned that after awhile that motivation without some kind of restriction is going to pass and I will be right back where I was before if I don't watch it.

I have talked to my Bariatric clinic about this and they are confused to why I don't feel any restrictions. I have 5cc's in a 10cc band. You would think that if it is actually half way full that I would stay full longer and be forced to eat less. Honestly I have no problem eating the majority of any meal I have if not all of it. Although I do try and pick healthy choices, it is still more than a cup sometimes and I was told that I should actually only be able to eat 3/4 cup most of the time.

Anyone else have these issues where, you don't feel much difference with the band?

Are you making sure you dont drink 30 mins before/an hour after each meal? If you're washing the food thru your pouch that could cause you to be hungry sooner. Also, 5cc may not be your "sweet spot" or green zone number. You may need 8 or 9ccs. Ive seen some posters need that much or more to get to the green zone. Also are you eating trigger foods? That may be why youre still feeling hungry.

I did not get restriction until 10.6 cc in a 11 cc band. This is a will power diet until you get restriction. If you have not yet done so; buy a digital food scale. Weight out your Protein, my doctor says 3 oz of protein.

Yea, I have been pretty good about waiting the 30 min. before and after meals. Sometimes, I actually don't even get the majority of my Water intake in until later in the evenings, because I sometimes forget that I haven't had my 64oz in. I pretty much eat either fish or chicken to get my Protein in and drink my Protein Shake of a morning. As far as weighing on a scale, I don't, but most of my fish is individually packed by weight and the chicken I go by size usually according to a plate display the doctor showed me.

Well I go in tomorrow evening for a weigh in. I feel pretty good this week about it, but planning every meal everyday takes some getting used to I guess in order to get the protein I am suppose to have and making room for some veggies to go with it.