Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swelling After Fill...any Advice?

I everyone!

So I've been plugging along, eating correctly as much as I can, trying to follow the rules and for the most part am doing ok. Learning what not to do the hard way.

This past Thursday I went for a fill and got .2cc. I'm now at 8.2. I'm almost regretting it. I was doing ok before this fill and looking back think I might have been in the green zone. Now am I closer to red??

I did liquids on Thursday after the fill and all day yesterday. Was able to go to mushy last night so I had a soft scrambled egg, no problem.

Today though has been awful. I could barely drink my Protein drink and haven't kept down much. Havent tried to eat but drinking is painful. Tried my normal iced tea, tried it room temp, not much going down. I've pb-d a few times and still have pain down my esophogas. I've sipped little sips and not using a straw. It's staying down but taking me 5 minutes between sips. I feel stuck but there's nothing to be stuck.

I'm not sure if I should try drinking more Water, try hot or cold liquids.

Is this normal swelling? I've never experienced this before with any of my fills.

Is it too early to consider a slight unfill? Should I stick it out tomorrow and see how it goes?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I was pretty tight after my last fill, but if you're having problems swallowing liquids (which it sounds like you definitely are ) I'd go back into doc, or call his office for some advice at the very least. I'm no expert but it sounds like you might be too tight.

You might want to try some warm liquids, like tea, and see if that helps loosen you a little in the meantime.

Tried warm apple cider and no go. It all came back up.

Called the office, no after-hours staff. A long time ago they gave me the name of a clinic to go to if ever I needed it after hours, and of course I can't find the name of it! GRRR. Guess I will hang on until Monday. I've been warned to NOT go to the local ER.

I wouldn't go to the local ER either if I were you. Not unless you absolutely can't keep any liquids down whatsoever. I've heard too many horror stories about under educated ER docs really messing up people's bands.

Can you keep any liquids down at all? Worst case scenario, you may have to go the ER for IV fluids if you're not but that doesn't mean you have to let them touch your band.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you wake up in the morning and suddenly find your band a bit looser and able to eat at least some mushies.