Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stated pre op diet today and surgery scheduled for April 20th. What happens if you dont drink the shakes? I have bought several different kinds and so far have only tried two of them. The Atkins vanilla and choc. NASTY!!! I also have muscle milk. My question is what happens if you dont drink these?

You can make your own with Protein Powder. There are lots of good recipes on this site and tons on the Internet. I get the vanilla whey powder at Walmart and it's not too bad.

I had a very hard time finding a shake I liked also. I finally found one called citrax nectar. It comes in lots of different favors and are delish. Favs here r lemonade and fuzzy navel (mix w water) hope thiat helps.

I started yesterday and posted a very similar post about hating all the drinks I had tried... But today I found one I like -- Lean shake, you can get it at GNC. The chocolate tastes like a Yoohoo..

Try New Whey at Walmart. 42grams Protein in a 4oz shot. They sell grape, watermellon, acai berry. I like to Mix them with crystal light. grape with grape.....watermellon with cherry lime-aid....acai berry with blackberry. I split and make 2 serving from one batch. I like to blendize my ice to a snow cone consistency and pour the Protein Drink over it....makes a great slushie.

I was on opti fast shakes. I am really picky but they weren't too bad. I would let them get frosty in the freezer and add sugar free vanilla Syrup and cinnamon. They actually were good. Today is my last day of them because tomorrow I start Clear Liquids and my surgery is Monday

You really need to do the shake pre-op or the doctor may have a hard time getting passed your liver. It needs to be pliable to move to get to the area he/she needs to work. Did your doctor give you the meal supplement type from Bariatric Advantage fir the pre op? I really like the orange one. It tastes like a creamcyle. Sorry if my spelling is off. I'm in the hospital and sort of out of it. Getting my gallbladder removed in a couple hours. Anyway, make sure you get the Protein Drinks as cold as possible. It helps. The other Protein drink (again very chilled) is the chocolate flavored Pure Protein. They sell it at Target and Fresh & Easy. The other flavored are nasty, but this chocolate is drinkable... Some have such a nasty aftertaste that I can't stand them either. Good luck!

Isopure Protein ,more like juice full of protein.Atkins shakes need to be very cold and then they are not so bad.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I am going to keep playing around with these and hopefully I will find a decent one soon. I had the muscle milk choc yesterday and it was not so bad. I just have to find a variety or I will get sick of the same ones. Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I am going to keep playing around with these and hopefully I will find a decent one soon. I had the muscle milk choc yesterday and it was not so bad. I just have to find a variety or I will get sick of the same ones. Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

Try the banana cream by muscle milk it is great!!!! I also use the chocolate flavor one and I use 2 scoops of the Protein and 12 oz of Water stick in my ninja blender with 2 to 3 ice cubes and blend and it taste much better and colder. :) good luck on your surgery.

Also too the reason for this pre op diet is because it allows your liver to go down in size your dr needs this to happen in order to get to where he needs to get to. If you can while on this pre op diet exercise, exercise, exercise. since I have been on this pre opp diet I have already lost 8 Lbs in just 4 days!

I tried several different ones, finally found labrada lean body on the go, chocolate ice cream flavor, taste the most like chocolate milk to me and only slight after taste. I get them at the Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>