Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do with my recop. period.

This weekend was my first postop weekend. Dh had me running around with him and I honestly was pooped. I'm waiting for him to come home now so I can nap.

The dr told me to do things and don't stay in bed. What exactly should I be doing? Laundry, cleaning, umm, I have like 21 staples or so in my belly so I don't know what the comforts are. I'd like to go through a few things but commom sense is telling me to limit picking up and moving things hence the staples.

I have been playing gameboy, reading a book, looking at magazines and watching way too much reality TV.

I was thinking of venturing out tomorrow If it's warm and maybe getting my nails done. THere's a salon right across the street from us.

I want to eat. These next 10 days cannot move quick enough. I am savoring Crystal Light Decaf Iced Tea, I would have run from it now it's savoring. Plus, my pouch is weird, I can hear gurgling.

I will wrap this up with I've slept great since Friday Night. Woah, take the boots, iv's, stockings, and hourly vitals away and I feel rested. Plus, I am gulping instead of sipping. It's gonna take some time. Oh yeah, I keep jumping on the scale too, gotta stop that before it becomes and obsession.

Hiya Jttaurus!

I had to chuckle as I was reading the end of your post. Oh gosh how I relate. It's been seven weeks for me now and I sometimes forget all of those feelings and thoughts.

"take the boots, iv's, stockings, and hourly vitals away and I feel rested" Isn't that the truth! I felt so much better when I got home!

I think its safe to do what you feel like doing. Some people feel great and hardly miss a step in life, while others take a few weeks to get back into the normal rountine. Just listen to your body. When youre tired, rest. If you know youre pushing yourself too hard, back off a bit. I've heard that you shouldn't lift over 10 pounds for the first few weeks. Obviously to allow stitches to heal up and prevent tearing anything.

I've heard a lot of people mention the gurgling and it seems to be normal, although I didn't experience that.

Are you restricted to Clear liquids? My diet orders were three weeks of liquids, but I was allowed a transition to full liquids (cant see through) as I felt like it. I ask because Protein drinks and pureed Soups sure helped my hunger.

You sound like youre doing great. I was certainly in no shape to think about having my nails done the first few days I was home!

Um, I feel as if I should apologize. After I posted on this, I realized it was on the North Carolina forum. I usually watch the new posts show up on the main page and respond to them, so I didn't see that this was to the NC folks. Sorry *blushes* I sure don't mean to be butting in on your group.

Photonut!!! You are absoulutely welcomed here. We love to have visitors and love new people coming to check us out! Come and chat with us as much as you would like. We are all family here at LBT and the North Carolina Girls will agree with me on that one!!! :scared:

Angie

Jennifer, I concur with Susan, but what do I know? I haven't had surgery yet.

Susan, anyone can drop in here; we welcome guests!

See, I might need to take several walks, becasue the evil that is lurking in my kitchen right now is driving me nuts. Yes, I want to lick some Peanut Butter from the jar. I had some decent Soup broth last night. I cannot figure out what "no food" means? I am glad i'm down to 10 days and counting. I love going out to eat and all the food related stuff grabs my attention. I was looking at the store ad's, most were easter candy. The pizza commericals. I know I can eat these again, but one or two bites.

Economically this isn't realisitic. I'm not going to buy something bite it and then throw it out. Guess I might need to begin doggie bags and left overs.

Funny thing, I was thinking How long would a walk down the street to the mailbox be? I was thinking of the nails too because it would mean the Peanut Butter would keep stalking me in the kitchen. I am tempted to cheat. Friday was the worse.

Susan, feel free to come here anytime!! We have a great time! I hang out at the NJ site also. I think most of the people there are from other places also. I was a Jersey girl all my life so thats why I went there to begin with.

Jennifer, You sound like your doing great. The 10 pounds of lifting is what I have been told, well actually no more than a gallon of milk. My puppy is only 7 pounds so I can lift her.

I am also going a bit nuts. I'm sure not up to driving yet. But movies and cards good old solitaire, work well. Hang in there before we know it we will be out running.

Well I must post an update. I really could use a pedicure. I'm gonna wait until my staples are out since Thursday it's supposed to be 70 degrees,

my feet look a bit neglected though.

Showering is so so time consuming. I know I have time on my hand. I realized I'd be tired, but this is a different tired then I'm used to. I love that I'm sleeping better and DH bought me an Ipod Video so I can have movies put on it and watch it anywhere I go. Incase you don't know what Ipod's are, your not missing anything.

I got some unflavored protien last night from GNC and made a Peanut Butter protien shake, it really hit the spot, since I keep thinking of ways to eat, but reallistically I cannot.

I hope all is well. It sure is deceving outside. It's cold.

We are all different... and these posts are just suggestions. Only do what you feel like doing. Walking is a good thing... that helps with everything.. how you feel, your weight, your energy level and the gas pains.

I was very tired after band surgery. Especially in the afternoon.... I was on liquids for three weeks. Naps and taking care of yourself are in order right now...

Good luck on your band journey!!!!

Donna,

Jennifer is our local RNY friend. She came here first, and has joined our local support group. We asked her to stay :eek:

Donna,

I really need to change something on my profile. I was originally Undecided Lap Band, but I decided RNY was the best option for me and follow up care. I decided to stay because these ladies wouldn't let me bail when I made my final decision in November.

These are great ladies. Especially Karen