Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello - I'm on my mushie stage and I got too excited and had chick and hot chips (idiot) and I just ate it too fast and the first time it just came back in my mouth bit I didn't learn and later went for more but this time when it came up I actually dry reached and threw up a little more. I'm so sad and disappointed that I may have done damage. :(

I am right there with you! I have been eating low fat cottage cheese with strawberry, well yesterday i tried changing it up to mango slices and that was a disaster!!!! I felt weak and couldnt breath for a good 4 hrs before it finally came back up!!! Worst experience ever so far! My tummy feels sour so im going back to just liquids for a couple of days to stay on the safe side

Hi tana - thanx for your response. Im glad I'm not alone- but it came ip fairly easily but now I've got a pain right in the middle of my breasts. I'm 2 weeks post-op now I'm worried the pain means I've done damage. :(:(

Hi Bandedneakyminx12,

I know its hard ....I'm right there with you (I was banded on the 19th) but I really want to encourage you to slow down a little bit.....I think your mind is ready for the full diet, but not your stomach. chips are NOT a mushie and I think you might want to stay away from overly spicy food as well. You have worked hard to get to this place and I know that you would be very upset if your bad slips before you even get to use it. It probably would be best to go back to liquids for today and then stick to the true mushie diet....and don't forget the rules :chew,chew chew and watch drinking while your eating. Hang in there....I know its hard and its going to take time to break old habbits and make better ones...but you can do this!!

The pain probably just means you have irritated your band. You should do a couple days of liquids so it can settle down again. I'd say if you still have pain in a few days, it would be time to call your surgeon.

Hi Waitingpatiently, thankyou for your encouragement. I think I will go back to liquids (mega sad face because it's Easter and I'm italian lol) but like you said I don't want to damage it before I even get to use it. I'm just so disappointed that I let food overcome my willpower. Also stephyanders I will take your advice and go on liquids I'm Hoping it's only irritation. Tha is again guys :):)xx

Perfectly normal...welcome to the club.

You just had a lesson from the school of hard knocks.

We all have bad, old habits we need to get rid of, and what you experienced is but a part of the process.

Most importantly, ask yourself what was it you did that caused this episode? It can be HOW you ate, and/or it can be WHAT you ate. I've got stuck on certain foods more than once until I got it through my head that those foods are off limits to me.

Or perhaps, I had to remind myself the only way to get through a meal is with very small bites and swallows, and take my time between each one to let the food get down passed the band.

There's a lot to learn to be successful. There's a lot of behavior modification that needs to happen. And it isn't always easy considering we have been taught improperly

sometimes all our lives. that's why they start teaching you before it even applies to your situation, But eventually it all will.

This is the hard part...the early months. But trust me, it does get easy...a way of life without giving it a second thought!

I hope you learned your lesson....there will be more to come. we cannot hold onto our "Fat" life when we want to be "Skinny" We have to learn to eat like skinny people do, not gluttons.

Incidentally, you say you're upset...myself and many other people I know, were thrilled to know the and is there and starting to do everything I was told it would do!

I agree with B-52. I've done a couple of bad things I know I shouldn't have and paid for it, but in these early stages while being in bandster hell it is nice to know that there is actually something in there! I had my third fill this week and while I'm not in the "zone" yet, it is definitely obvious now that I can't eat all the things I used to.

I agree with B-52. I've done a couple of bad things I know I shouldn't have and paid for it, but in these early stages while being in bandster hell it is nice to know that there is actually something in there! I had my third fill this week and while I'm not in the "zone" yet, it is definitely obvious now that I can't eat all the things I used to.

you are well on your way, learning what's important. And it's life changing!

When people want to hold onto their old ways...well...let's just say it's their life.

I can tell you're going to do fine! You're excited and motivated with the changes taking place.

Oh, what a nice thing to say and it means a lot coming from a very experienced "pro"!!