Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still asking questions....

When you eat banded, and I know it is around 1/2 cup.

Are you full? my assumption is yes, but

Are you satisfied?

TIA

I eat about 3/4 to 1 cup. I am full, but not in the sense of the word that I was used to. I do not feel gorged, uncomfortable, stuffed, etc. The full signal for a bandster is pressure behind the breastplate. This is how we know it's time we stop or face pain.

I have had one fill, and I find that my meals prevent me from being physically hungry for 3 to 4 hours, depending on what I ate. It is strongly suggested that we eat Protein first during the meal. Protein takes much longer to break down in the stomach than carbs do, so it prevents hunger for a longer time.

The term that Jack has really emphasized is satiate.

(a clip of Webster's definition: Satiate may sometimes imply only complete satisfaction but more often suggest repletion that has destroyed interest or desire.)

This would best describe what I feel after eating. I am not "full" in the old sense of the term, but my interest in food is gone.

Here is another thread in which this topic was discussed.

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15338

I hope this helped answer your questions. :scared:

different people feel "full" different ways. Some of us get a head signal that we are "full," while other people get a variety of "soft stop" signs such a burping, hicuping, running noses, and a whole bunch of different signals. I think just about for every bandster there is a different way for us to know.

Don't every expect to have that stuffed to the gills feeling, like many people experience after gorging after a feast like Thanksgiving. But you might be surprised to learn that you no longer want that sort of feeling either.

Satity is a new concept for many of us, and it takes a while for us to understand what that truely means.

Cheers!

I am only a week out and just started on blended Soups. Today I blended cream of potato with Tomato Soup and was "full" after a 1/2 cup but I wasn't satisfied. I found that I wanted to eat more. The good news is that I had this weird feeling that it wouldn't be a good idea since I am still healing so I didn't. It's 2 hours after lunch and I'm still not hungry and had forgotten about it until I saw your post.

I hope soon less will "satisfy" me but until then I am glad I have the band to tell me to stop.

For me, "full" and "satisfied" were two different things for a long time. It really took me a good year to totally internalize the fact that my band was doing me a FAVOR when it made me stop eating after a small amount. I had to listen to my body tell me that it really was no longer hungry, and learn to accept that this has to be my satisfaction point.

It did happen, and now I'm happy to say it's easier than ever to stop eating when I'm done. But I won't kid you and say it happened immediately. This was one of the hardest things to learn, and I know I'm not alone when I say that.

It's a different feeling as the ladies pointed out. You don't get hungry low in your stomach as you did before. Now it's higher up. I don't like to be full, it makes me uncomfortable and I don't like the feeling. I eat about 3/4 of what my brain tells me to eat and leave the rest alone.

It's something everyone has to learn for themselves when enough is enough.

Best of luck to ya!