Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Words Of Encouragment!!

Hello my friends I am in desperate need of some encouragement. I was on a steady weightloss and in the past 3 months I have hit a rut I cant lose a pound. I am working out and eating right. I am scheduled for a fill this week so I am hoping that it helps but till then HELP!!

Looks like you have done really well so far. Congratulations! I am sure that a fill will help, but so will not beating yourself up over a plateau. Look at changing up your diet and/or exercise a bit. Your body may have gotten used to what you have been doing and a change up could be all that is needed to get you back on the weight loss path.

Hang in there! You are doing great! Like Tracey said above, you may need to shake things up to get the scale moving again. Maybe do 2-3 days of just Protein shakes to jumpstart that scale. Or try a different activity. Also are you tracking all your food and really measuring? I know that sometimes I can get a bit lazy and start eyeballing portions and then I end up giving myself more than I should.

Alsolook at this time from a different perspective. Think about it as practice for maintenance. The scale will eventually move again.

I have only lost 17 lbs in the last 7 months. thats a little more that 2 lbs a month. I was averaging 10 a month before that. But I look at it that I am going the right way instead of gaining. There was a few months that I was at 180 and stuck. But finally broke thru. It will come, your body just needs to rethink what it needs to do next.

Hang in there! I agree with changing things up, especially your excersise. You muscles get used to one form of cardio- can you do the bike or swim instead of say the treadmill? Increasing the duration/intensity of your workouts may help too. Adding weight training may also help. Most of all, just know that if you continue to take in less calories than you are burning that damn scale will move. I know how frustrating a stall is.

Thank you!! I love coming on here and getting fed back from those who know exactly what I am going through....I had a .5cc fill and it has made a huge difference in my portions. I also changed gyms where there is more variety so wish me and the scale luck ;)

I stink at dieting!

I have no self control and love to eat.

That is why I needed to have surgery. But surgery in itself is not the answer.

The answer is getting that thing hey installed around your stomach properly adjusted to where it starts operating at peak performance the way it was deigned to.

Once that point was reached, then I started to have true success and reached my goal in 13 months.

Aside for the few medical conditions that some people run into, I do not see how anyone can be a failure with this program. As long as we let the band do what it is supposed to do, then the only thing that can get in it's way is us!

And I have read many posts fom people who get cold feet and say things like "I don't ever want to experience that" or "I can't give up those certain foods" etc, etc.