Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to go have some fill taken out of my band again today. 2 weeks ago I was sick sick sick. I held out and last week was feeling ok and was able to eat. Then Friday I started getting sick again. So, yesterday I decided I needed a break.

My doctor never tells anything about the cc's. I had a new doctor today and he said I had 5 cc's in my band and he was going to take out 1 cc. This is the 3rd time I've had to have fill taken out. Now I'm wondering what other people have in theirs. A friend of mine has 8 cc's in her band. Twice the amount of mine.

The amount in your band really doesn't matter. Many people make a big issue of it, but in reality, it is the level that makes you feel right that counts. My doctor doesn't really discuss how much I have either. Other than tracking in case you have a leak, and knowing that fills should get smaller the closer you get to capacity, the total doesn't mean anything. And what I have compared with what you have doesn't mean a hill of Beans.

Besides, if I have 6cc in my band and you have 9.5, if I have a 10cc band and you have a 14cc band, that is a big difference.

The amount in your band really doesn't matter. Many people make a big issue of it, but in reality, it is the level that makes you feel right that counts. My doctor doesn't really discuss how much I have either. Other than tracking in case you have a leak, and knowing that fills should get smaller the closer you get to capacity, the total doesn't mean anything. And what I have compared with what you have doesn't mean a hill of Beans.

Besides, if I have 6cc in my band and you have 9.5, if I have a 10cc band and you have a 14cc band, that is a big difference.

I agree, I really don't like comparing that kind of stuff.

To me it would as if we both have cancer, and we are going to compare who takes more chemo? It doesn't matter. We both need it and we both get what we need!

Don't mean to rant, but I am a healthcare professional and it's just wrong to compare individual treatments, even though the procedures and outcomes will be the same.

If I have less in my band than the next person, and can get the same results as that person, does that mean I'm better?

Ok, off my soapbox.

We are all so different and you should not compare yourself to anyone else's cc volume. I'm in the green zone with only 2cc's in a 10cc band. At one point I had 3 cc's and was miserable with frequent stuck episodes, PB's. It all depends on your stomach and all our stomach's are different. I always thought that the more you had the more effective the band would be. Bottom line is you must make sure that you are loose enough to be able to comfortably eat your daily Proteins and not so tight that you are getting stuck often when eating them.

I also think that there seems to be a competition or race to see who can get the most fill the quickest! Instead of focusing on what their band is doing for them people focus on how much fill they have and constantly want more even though they may not need it. They then end up too tight which is counterproductive.

The amount of fill required will change depending on how long you have had your band as well.

I am currently in a similar situation to you. I had 6ml in my band and had 4ml taken out about a month ago as I had a complete blockage. I have since had 2ml put back in so am now sitting at 4ml. It feels as though my band is empty! Yet for a long tome 4ml would have been enough and would have given me perfect restriction. So effectively the amount required is a moving goal post and it is different for everyone.

I agree with those above. Just got another fill, now 7cc's in a 10cc band and asked my dr if that was the max. She said no everyone is different and i have another appt i 3 weeks to get rechecked. Bottom line were in this for the long haul so please dont give up. lots of luck

I agree, I really don't like comparing that kind of stuff.

To me it would as if we both have cancer, and we are going to compare who takes more chemo? It doesn't matter. We both need it and we both get what we need!

Don't mean to rant, but I am a healthcare professional and it's just wrong to compare individual treatments, even though the procedures and outcomes will be the same.

If I have less in my band than the next person, and can get the same results as that person, does that mean I'm better?

Ok, off my soapbox.

you said it!!!! ok let me get off the soap box too! lol

I think maybe my post didn't come across right. I don't care about comparing what I have to others. I was just curious as to what other people have in their bands. I know everyone is different. No need for a soapbox. My doctor does not tell because he does not want you to worry about it. I agree with that and have not asked at all the whole year I have had the band. Since the new doctor told yesterday I was just curious about others. I only put what my friend has in hers as an example of what someone else has other than me.

Off topic, but I like your Avatar, B-52!!!!

Well, for the record, I have somewhere between 6 and 6.75cc in my 10cc AP Standard. Because I have lost count. I -think- it is 6.75. But between fills, an unfill, then being told my surgeon might have put some in at surgery, I gave up trying to figure it out.

:)

I have 9.5cc in my 10ml band. I struggle a little with fluids but food is fine as long as i take it slow and steady. I have a friend who got to goal weight in 12 months with no liquid in her band .She lost 40 kilo then had a major Tummy Tuck and boob job - then needed her first fill. We are all so different.