Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gall bladder has got to go....

Went for my testing on Wednesday. Dr wanted echocardiagram and ultrasound of gallbladder. Pre-registered at hospital on Friday and stopped by dr. office for pre-op visit. Only to learn the ultrasound of galbladder showed problems. So now ... it's g.bladder out ... lapband in.

I'm wondering if anyone else has expeirenced having gallbladder out at the same time of band surgery. Dr. said it will mean a couple of more inceisions on the right side. I'm a lot more nervous now. :cry

I think a few of our bandsters had theirs out when they got the lapband put in. Just think of it this way, better to do it during the surgery than to have to go back afterwards. Good Luck!

My surgeon would not put the band in when he took my gallbladder out. I wish he had. To think hard part would be over by now and I would be on to brighter days!!

I've heard of it happening both ways, simultaneously and also separate surgeries. Perhaps your doctor has a good reason for wanting to take the time to do them separately. Not to worry, though, it's not uncommon. Good luck!!

Went for my testing on Wednesday. Dr wanted echocardiagram and ultrasound of gallbladder. Pre-registered at hospital on Friday and stopped by dr. office for pre-op visit. Only to learn the ultrasound of galbladder showed problems. So now ... it's g.bladder out ... lapband in.

I'm wondering if anyone else has expeirenced having gallbladder out at the same time of band surgery. Dr. said it will mean a couple of more inceisions on the right side. I'm a lot more nervous now. :cry

I had my gallbladder removed just one year after heart bypass surgery. I was concerned, but you know what it was a piece of cake. By the next day I felt OK, just a little sore. Just pamper yourself a little and you will be fine. I haven't been banded yet, but I do know that my gallbladder scars were merely held together with steristrips that fell off themselves. I feel so much better now that the nagging pain is gone, and it sure doesn't keep me from eating everything I ever did (unfortunately). If I had been thinking banded at the same time, I would definitely have had them done at the same time. Stay strong and happy. It isn't that bad.

I was banded in July 05 and I just had my gall bladder out last week. I wanted it taken out at the same time but the doctor said no, there were no stones and he wouldn't take it out. So almost 7 months later I had to have a second surgery. The pain I was feeling preband was in fact my gall bladder, not stones but it wasn't functioning properly. I wish I could have had them at the same time, the second surgery was a bit harder then my banding. I am just starting to feel like myself again, 10 days later. After my band I was up and about within a few days, by day 5 I felt like a million bucks. Be glad that they are doing both together, that sounds much easier then 2 surgeries back to back. ~Mandy