Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded In Mid March And From Minneapolis?

Was wondering if anyone on here was banded in Fridley Mn and had it done around the same time as me. So far my progress has been good but it would be nice to compare notes, thanks

Hello, I am from the albert lea area. But I am not banded yet. This is my last month on supervised diet. I will get banded in Blue Earth,mn. Dr told me mid may. Good luck. How have things been?

The first week was hard but I only took 1 day off work. I was nauseated and dizzy for the first 3 days. After that it's been fine. I have a fill scheduled for Apr. 13th, Stick with it this is when a lot of people get sick of jumping through hoops.

Oh that is good. I have been trying to figure out how much time to take off of work too. I hope I recover as fast as you. They say it does take awhile before you get to your green zone. Do you have any restriction now?

I don't know what they mean by green zone but I haven't got any saline in the band and I do definitely feel some restriction. Time well tell if I continue to lose weight.

Oh sorry. I mean just having good restriction and not feeling hungry between meals. His much weight have you lost so far? When I found this site I was very excited because it helps to answer alot of my questions and you can meet others in the same situations as yourself. I can not wait to get the band. Like most people in here I am so sick of being overweight and trying diet after diet with no success. Sounds like things have been going well for you. What are some of the biggest problems you have had and best things you have discovered?

I started my preop diet at 268 and today I am 245. I am definitely eating less and feeling satisfied. I am learning to slow down while I eat or it backs up and feels uncomfortable. I wish the weight would come off faster but maybe after a fill that will change.

Loosing slow is better even though we all would love to drop the lbs faster. slow helps not to have loose skin. Sounds like you're doing good. Good luck to you. Green zone is where you are happy with wt lose and not getting stuck to much. Getting stuck comes with the band since you never knw something will stick one day and not the next.

Wow. 23 pounds. Sounds like things are on the right track. I only have a few weeks left til my 6 month supervised diet is done. My weight is not far off from you started at 260 and have lost 9 during the 6 month diet. Not really looking forward to the two week liquid diet. What worked for you? I work for the mayo clinic and I know people will notice what I am eating. I have not told anyone. Just my husband. Have you told your work? Or just told them after?

I only told the 3 people at work that would see me during lunch. The rest of the employees...about 20 on my shift don't need to know anything. I bought a couple small Soup thermos jugs and put my soup in there hot. I think the broth stages were the worst part about this and now that I am eating normal food I feel so much better.

Oh ya that is a good idea. We eat our lunch in a cafeteria that we have and the while hospital eats down there. Just trying to figure out what is best to do. I just really do not want to tell anyone til after it is done and then only the co-workers I see everyday. But I see parents everyday and we have alot of regulars that once I begin to lose weight will notice. We do have a handful of women here that are banded and some that had the gastric bypass but they all seem to be gaining weight back or had bad problems after the surgery. That is why I choose the lapband. So many great benefits to it. Good luck and keep me posted on how your doing.