Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

31 Pounds Gone 5 Weeks Post Op!!!

Hi guys,

I am 5 weeks post op and have lost 31 pounds!!! I had the lap band with plication done on 2/17/2012 and have my 6 week visit with my Dr today. I can definitely see the weight loss in my clothing. I am down two sizes already! How's everyone else doing?

That's so inspiring, I had mine done on 3/20/12. What is "with plication"? I'be lost 10lbs post op.

That's so inspiring, I had mine done on 3/20/12. What is "with plication"? I'be lost 10lbs post op.

Gastric Plication decreases the size of the stomach without removing sections of the stomach. Gastric Plication decreases the volume of the stomach by folding the stomach inwardly ,and suturing the folds, reducing the stomach volume and therefore limiting food intake.

It is also said to reduce the chance of the band slipping. I have not been in "bandster hell" and do not feel the need for a fill at this point. I am satisfied with three very small meals per day.

BTW, great job on your weight loss thus far!! Keep it up!

#Losin, Congrats!

J, how did you lose the 10 since the 20th? My surgery was the 19th, I lost about 8 right off the bat, but gained back 3 since I started my full liquids.

#Losin, Congrats!

J, how did you lose the 10 since the 20th? My surgery was the 19th, I lost about 8 right off the bat, but gained back 3 since I started my full liquids.< /p>

Thanks!!!

I was banded on the 19th as well and have lost 2 pounds. I thought that was good since the most activity I have had is walking around the house. But today marks a full one week out, and I feel so much better!!! abdomen still is achey late at night and early morning. Today is sunshine and beautiful so I am heading out to soak some of it up. Enjoy your day everyone!!

I was banded on the 19th as well and have lost 2 pounds. I thought that was good since the most activity I have had is walking around the house. But today marks a full one week out, and I feel so much better!!! abdomen still is achey late at night and early morning. Today is sunshine and beautiful so I am heading out to soak some of it up. Enjoy your day everyone!!

Glad you're feeling much better. Enjoy your day!

Great job my friend!!!

Thanks Jay!

Kmt1973, I've been just on liquids since the surgery. My doctor wants me on it for a few weeks. I drink the Protein Drink throughout the day. The 1st week was 3oz of Clear Liquids, this week it's increased to 4-6oz. I can also start on thicker Soups.< /p>

Great job and keep up the good work!

Wow!!! That is incredible!! What a success story. I didn't know that they did both surgeries at the same time. Where did you go to have it done?

I banded on 03/21/12 and I lost already 15lb , I feel much better today, the only problem I have is the liquid Protein!! you guys know any substitute mine is disgusting!!!!

I was banded on 3/20 and have lost 10 pounds. I was pretty psyched even though I know it's mostly Water weight at this point.