Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accidentally Ripped off my Steri Strip

I was trying to adjust my pajama pants and I accidentally ripped off my steri strip, scab and all, it had a little bleeding, I tried to wet it and stick it back on but it fell off. So I put some peroxide on the spot and stuck a band aid on it. Think I'll be ok?

awwww you got a boo boo and it sounds like you will live. Call your doctor, you know how much they love hearing from us, to be on the safe side. Sooooo how are you doing? How do you feel? How are the liquids coming along? How's the baby and are you picking up the baby? Do you have band gas? How's the hubby doing now that he sees you are good? :couch2:

When was your surgery? Was it starting to roll off on its own? I would advise you to go to the drug store and get some more steri strips or a butterfly bandaid. As you apply it sorta make sure that the two edges are well approximated. That way you will heal with as little scare as possible. I have seen those return to the hospital because they didn't believe us when we told them to not pull off the steri strip to let it come off on its own.....and low and behold they had terrible problems resulting up to and including the entire incision line reopening and had to have staples, sutures and or packing because of the whole that was produced along with some infection. Don't want to scare you just want you to know that this can be a serious issue. However if it is like 3-4 weeks post op it will be ok and it almost healed and the bleeding was just from the scab coming off. Hope this information helps

awwww you got a boo boo and it sounds like you will live. Call your doctor, you know how much they love hearing from us, to be on the safe side. Sooooo how are you doing? How do you feel? How are the liquids coming along? How's the baby and are you picking up the baby? Do you have band gas? How's the hubby doing now that he sees you are good? :couch2:

Lol you're very funny Teresa. Well. I didn't think about calling my doctor because it was very little to no blood anyway, and the scab was there and that's why I was bleeding, It was starting to come off on its own. The Liquids are "Great!!! Never Better" of course they suck and yes I have been picking up the baby, I know it's a bad thing, but I asked him about it before I got the surgery, he told me that it's a fact of life that babies want to be held by their mommies, and it's also a fact of life that mommies want to hold their babies, so hold him. Just dont pick him up too much, which I don't anyway so, it's ok. Yes I have much band gas coming from the lower end now and not just the upper so much. Hubby is not responding to me sexually now because he thinks he'll hurt me. that's an excuse he wasnt responding before the surgery either. But I'll survive... how are you by the way? I hope everything is well, and thanks for responding.

When was your surgery? Was it starting to roll off on its own? I would advise you to go to the drug store and get some more steri strips or a butterfly bandaid. As you apply it sorta make sure that the two edges are well approximated. That way you will heal with as little scare as possible. I have seen those return to the hospital because they didn't believe us when we told them to not pull off the steri strip to let it come off on its own.....and low and behold they had terrible problems resulting up to and including the entire incision line reopening and had to have staples, sutures and or packing because of the whole that was produced along with some infection. Don't want to scare you just want you to know that this can be a serious issue. However if it is like 3-4 weeks post op it will be ok and it almost healed and the bleeding was just from the scab coming off. Hope this information helps

Thanks for the info NurseTeresa. I didn't think I really had to call my doctor about it since there was a scab and all and since it was stuck to the steri strip when it came off, that would explain the bleeding. The bandaid was twice the size of the steri strip so I thought I would be ok. It's not even sore anymore, besides it was starting to fall off. I'm only 1 week post op today though. Maybe I heal fast. Who knows? But thanks though.

well...Theresa...I've been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad girl. I'm not eating what I'm supposed to be, I kinda got it mixed up and didn't do all liquids for the first two weeks, which I'm still enduring now. I called my dietician today and she reminded me of what to eat. I can't stand this phase it sucks like you know what. I long to just eat a sandwich again. anything really, I know it would have to be in smaller portions, that I don't care about, but just to eat something regular without feeling like OMG what did I just do to my band... and be full and like it. :hungry: sheesh!!!!!!! but I have lost 10 lbs so far, and I just started walking today. so I anticipate more poundage lost soon, I'm clear for aerobics after this week is up so I can go to the gym. That's cool. I just wish I had someone doing this with me. My husband of course claimed he would do the eating thing with me, instead he's eating all kinds of pizza and cheesesteak subs as I sit over on the side crying, telling him he needs to get far far away from me while he eats that and for 1 hour afterward so I won't smell it on his breath.:confused:

Anyway, I just wish that my girlfriend wouldn't have chickened out on me and took diet pills, but more power to her. I can't stand this crap. I want to curse so bad... :heh:

pathetically yours

marcelle

Oh Marcelle I am so sorry but I do understand, been there done that. Here is the speech I would get: :director:The purpose for doing liquids and mushies in the early weeks after surgery, is to allow your body to heal. It is not about oh well I can eat it so I will. You will get the maximum benefit from your surgery if you follow the rules. Liquids for the first 2 weeks, lots of Water, Protein filled mushies when you get there.:nono:So no more cheating.

As far as your husband he is a man. LOL He is already scared :phanvan about what is going to happen with your body. Just give him a tic tac and a kiss :sleepand go for a walk. I've been in your girlfriends position. I just wasn't ready to have the surgery so maybe she is just not ready. You had this surgery for you, your health and your beautiful baby. Just think about all the energy you will have after dropping a few more pounds.....:)

Incentive- take your measurements so when the scale does not say what you want it too the tape measure might. If you eat right now and walk you could be 30 to 50 pounds lighter by summer.

You are doing a good job:clap2: Keep it up..

and somehow that just made me feel a whole lot better. Thanks Teresa you have a way with words, I have tried to get back on the bandwagon so to speak and I did walk yesterday for 45 min so today hubby and I are supposed to be going to the mall, I'll do my walking there, to pick up some things for this baby shower I'm supposed to attend this weekend with folks who were all like I dont know why you're getting this surgery, did you try everything humanly possible before you go ahead with it, did you think about your husband or your son, etc etc, they'll be examining me, looking at what I eat, oh well, I guess I'll be a guinea pig for the day because I want to show some love for a friend, her nosey family on the other hand, I feel can shove it.:heh:

Love ya. We need to meet up sometime, maybe your hubby/so can talk to my hubby and we can all hang out!!!

Marcelle

:clap2: Oh good, I'm glad you feel better. You are doing the thing with the walking, keep it up. It sounds like you need to take your Water bottle:cake: to the shower.....what do you think. You do not want to get sick in public, it is not pretty..:)

I got rid of my hubby years ago but I have some male friends your hubby can talk to if necessary. LOL:pound: Hopefully, you will attend the support group meetings and I will see you there. Everyone is really supportive and great.

well unfortunately bowie is really far from baltimore if that's where your support group meetings are, we do have them every third wednesday for my surgeon. So I will be attending a support group though. Thanks for the invite though. you're a doll

Marcelle that is great that you plan on attending the meetings that your surgeon sponsors.:gluck: I'm sure you will get a lot of great information, be sure to come back and share it with us.

As far as the MD support group meetings, they are not always held in the same place. Krystalstar:high5:, our fearless leader, tries to move them around. So that we are not excluding anyone becuase of where they live. We had one at G&M in Linthicum, MD off of BW Pkwy. We were also trying to have one near Towson.

How's the baby doing? No, hun, not your husband, the baby....:dance:

That's great!!! keep me updated and I'll try to get to all the ones closest to me. The baby is fine, he's getting into everything, having temper tantrums, and the hubby well. I'm working on him, trying not to put so much pressure on him for sex, we have a nice gap in our ages about 8 years, he feels as though that peak for him has come and gone and I feel as though you can never lose it as long as you use it. You know? Well anyways, maybe he'll come around. Maybe not. I think he will though. Especially when he sees me all sexy in my little outfits as I hit goal. :confused:

The baby is doing what he is suppose to do:baby:. When he :eyebrows:sees you:yield: all sexy he will be all over you:fruitsex::confused:.