Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All From Bermuda

I was banded March 7, 2005.

Pre op weight 312 lbs

Present weight Feb...225

Its been nearly a year and a very interesting journey. I live in Bermuda and was banded in Switzerland.

I have come to accept that there are many foods that I do not tolerate well to this day. Not just beef but even many vegetables, no doubt the fact that i am missing some back teeth has someting to do with it. Still considering what my life has been like,"i'm not complaining at all".

I have found that i cannot eat in the mornings and even Water is difficult to down. lunch times are a little better but often food will force it's way back if i try to force the issue. So I try very hard to get those liquids down in the evenings mostly. Wine helps to open the passageway some. As I watch myself I am still trying to curb the desire to eat when I am not hungry and to learn the feeling of being unhungry. Hey guys I'm 51 years old and these habits are old, so I work to have patience with myself. Dispite this I am hardly starving ! Though my mind and my mouth often is convinced that it wants more. as I approach that 100 lb mark I am begining to be more excited by that benchmark and less by foods period. I can fasten my shoes, move easier and I dont feel like Im going to die when I walk up steps. Alas fellow bandsters I feel like I have a second chance to live !.I feel the happiness ooze out of me when I board a plane and am confident that I can fit in the seat without spilling out all over other passengers; I dont need a seat-extension.....ohhh I

am so happy !!!!!!!!!!!.

ps ..I wish I could tell every fat person I see that there is something they can do about their situaion

post-206446-13813132960218_thumb.jpg

Hi Bermy, and welcome! You look terrific and it's great to have a Bermudian Bandster among us. I'm jealous...I LOVE Bermuda!

(Would you like me to edit out all that extraneous code from your posts?)

I'm jealous

Alexandra that are my extact thought.

bermy you look great. You have done an awesome job. I can't wait to be were you are......weight loss and location. LOL:clap2::clap2:

:welcome: :welcome:

Hi Bermy ~ WOW!! Youve lost nearly a whole person. :clap2:

I love what you said...

ps ..I wish I could tell every fat person I see that there is something they can do about their situaion

I agree!

You look amazing girl! What are you doing to have such a success?

excuse me Im still figuring out how to use this site.

I go to the gym every day. I used to go twice a day but I was concerned that I would start out with a bang, then fizzle so I cut back a few months ago. I just work out for 1/2 and hour - that's all. And I stay away from the scales. I just weigh about once a month. I figure I'm in for the long hull so if I'm doing all I can , who needs the up and down drama of finding out that I only lost one lb here or there.

My brother got banded two months before me and he lost 100 lbs in si x months. I tried like hell to keep up with him but he left me in the dust and thats when I changed my attitude and realized that I had to travel my own course but ohhhhhhh I wanted to keep up with him so badly !I go to NYU for chck ups but I go fairly often about every six weeks but only for a liitle tweek. I cant handle too much of a fill. Somedays I cant seem to eat anything much at all. Its when Im very thirsty that the band is irrating like in summer when I really want to chug-a-lug that cold Water down in gulps. its very hard to re-learn sit sip

Do you go out for dinner? LOL

You know I dont really enjoy that much anymore . I want to eat all those old foods and it just dosent work. Oddly enough that is a little sad....but on the other hand thats kind of what got me into trouble in the first place

Celebrating 100 lbs down is a huge milestone. I didn't do anything special, because every day has been special to me on this journey. But I toyed with the idea of getting a teensy, tiny tattoo. Only for a minute.

Maybe if I keep the weight off for, say, 20 years I'll get the tattoo. Whaddya think?

.skype_tb_injection { font-

guys how do u dress? I mean I dont ownanything that fits now. I have sweats but i cant wear them to work and i dont want to buy a lot of in=between sizes what are you all doing?:confused: