Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Carnie Wilson Had Lap Band Surgery.....

I just read on Huffington Post that Carnie Wilson had the Lap Band in January..12 years after her Gastric Bypass. She gained weight after her Bypass surgery. GREAT FOR HER!!

Wow really? I wonder why the hell gastric bypass didn't work for her...who knows if this will work for her either! I guess we will find out..

We sure will........

I hate to be mean, but she is a prime example of someone who doesn't have the right mindset for WLS. It's not a magic wand, although she clearly expects it to be. I don't think the lap band will work for her either until she gets her head in the right place. I wish her the best of luck though.

I talked to my prn about it and she said it us very common for those you had bypass to get the lapband cause bypass only works for about 5 years. She said they do that surgery all the time.

I read her book she wrote after her bypass surgery. I am not a fan of hers but I was thinking about that proceedure and wanted to know how it felt from someone who did it. I do not think she was thinking it was a majic wand or a quick fix. She followed the rules very well for a long time and lost a huge amount of weight. However, she spoke alot about how she had a huge amount of feelings come up that she use to cope with food to deal with. She started smoking pot for a while and went to a counselor weekly for a year. I think she just has so much personal issues that she looks for anything to self comfort and food is her favorite. I think her deep down self issues ande self view is very very poor. She has major issues. Hopefully she has delt with them better this time before surgury. Best of luck for her.

She gained it back after she had a child.

I bought 3 of her cookbooks, and they are really good !

She should have better success with the band though,

only now because she has 2 procedures going on for her.

So I wish her the best of luck.

Someone should contact her, and tell her to join lapbandtalk.com

Would be interesting in talking to her. ;)

I think that she needs emotional support with her weightloss journey and this forum would be great for her.

I had my Gastric Bypass done a little bit after Carnie Wilson had hers...I had the Roux En Y. I did wonderful with it and gained about 15 pounds back by 2007..In 2009 I started gaining back more weight. I will say that I didn't always stick to what I know was the best food choices but I still did okay for the most part. I have now been told that the once 2 ounce pouch had more than likely stretched to the usual size of my original stomach or it grew back ...it can happen...anyway...I tried WW to control it...Jenny Craig...Medifast...Sensa...HCG...Adkins..all the things I did before my original WLS..to no avail...so now I too...like Carnie Wilson have this one last choice...there are a few other procedures but lap band over gastric bypass is what is my future on May 16th...I am more ready for it then I ever was..still down by 50 pounds from my original go round...Believe me..Carnie knows as I know this is no magic bullet...it is WORK and SUPPORT...no one chooses to keep altering their bodies but sometimes genetics and your own body setpoints go against you..I wish her all the best...I wish for my success for the very last time at this too...

My brother has gained weight after he had bypass so this doesn't surprise me. I figured it might be common.

All the best to you ALB79.

Yes it is not uncommon for those who have had gastric bypass to regain the weight after atleast 5 years....wish I was offered a different path at that time but it is what it is and I deal with it...

Thanks for the good wishes....I will post as it happens...perhaps it will help someone else ....

Wow see I didn't know that it was common for ppl to gain it back so much...my mom had gastric bypass and did great with it...she's kept over 100 pounds off for over 11 years...she weighs around 130 now...first she lost 100 in the first 7 months, then years later lost another 20-30 pounds..in fact this year she started loosing a bit more! She's never once gained back a significant amount. She still can only eat a tiny bit after all these years...so that's just crazy to me that you guys went through so much only to gain it all back in a few years...its terrible! I really hope the lapband works for you!