Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery done on Monday March 19th and was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice to give about the beginning and what it was like for them. Thanks

Had my band done the same day as you. : )

- Water gets really boring, I went and got Miyo and I can sip that all day no problems.

- Walk around when you drink it tends to go down faster

- Hot showers have help me relax.

- Burping is okay and if you get nausea usually the burping will get rid of it. You may salivate a lot but wont throw up.

- Drink Protein Shakes with water not milk. With milk its too thick and sweet for me to drink it all.

I haven't had too many problems so far, I was sick to my stomach the first night but yesterday was much better. I had a lot of chest pain because of the gas but, most of that is gone today (walking helped get rid of that). As far as eating I didn't really want try too much yesterday I had one Protein Shake. I used nectar which is a clear shake and they have a ton flavors I don't mind and since it's only mixed with Water it's easy going down. I also had some broth and today my doc said to start adding full liquids like yogurt, pudding and vegetable based Soups. So I've tried the V8 soups they suggested I had to strain bc it looked a little chunky but tasted way better than chicken broth and I had a little pudding but I think I'm going to wait a couple more days for that. Thanks for the tips and good luck to you!

I had mine Monday too, and i have to be on the liquid diet 2 more weeks before i get to have anythingelse .Right now im not even hungry at all , i try to sip on broth at lunch and dinner time, i cant not manage 3 shakes so i make one with a double scoop of Protein and hopefully i can get more in further down this week....jello doesnt seem to go down so well ,it kind of hurts but a few spoons sf pudding work fine .....warm tea always feels good too i try to drink but im not drinking enough just yet but im trying to get there .....i didnt get sick yet i havent had to take no pain meds today ...the gas pain is mostly gone ...i had the hick ups earlier they didnt feel to good ...

Im actually feeling better this evening....finally! I haven't had any problems drinking which is good. Dagmar- I bought the Unjury unflavored Protein amd mixed it with me tea. it flt nice onmy stomach. I still super sore, but i think it is more fromthe hernias and theaddhesions than from the band. How many incisions do you normally get with band surgery? I actually have 7. I was just curious how many extra I have.

Im actually feeling better this evening....finally! I haven't had any problems drinking which is good. Dagmar- I bought the unjury unflavored Protein amd mixed it with me tea. it flt nice onmy stomach. I still super sore, but i think it is more fromthe hernias and theaddhesions than from the band. How many incisions do you normally get with band surgery? I actually have 7. I was just curious how many extra I have.

i actually had to get up and look ... :D i have 4 little once and one bigger one where the port is ....i might have to get an unflavored Protein powder cause with the shakes i aint getting it in right now...

Im actually feeling better this evening....finally! I haven't had any problems drinking which is good. Dagmar- I bought the unjury unflavored Protein amd mixed it with me tea. it flt nice onmy stomach. I still super sore' date=' but i think it is more fromthe hernias and theaddhesions than from the band. How many incisions do you normally get with band surgery? I actually have 7. I was just curious how many extra I have.[/quote']

I have 5. Not really sure why bc other ppl I know that have had lapband all have 4 incisions

I had my surgery done on Monday March 19th and was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice to give about the beginning and what it was like for them. Thanks

I had my surgery on Monday as well. Crazy how many people had it on the same day. I stil have gas pains. In the shoulders and neck. Walking And gas-x strips help. I also have Gummy multi vitMins and calciums. Hard to get Down but I can't find liquid where Iive. I also have to take 5000iu of Vitamin d. That pill is small enough that I can tKe it. It gets stuck but it releAses. We should form a group those of us from Monday surgery.

You're right we should start s March 18th group!

I was banded on march 20. I wanna be in the group too please!!!!!

I'm not sure how you all are getting in all the Protein. I drank 3/4 of a shake at Breakfast and then I was full. I felt a little woozy and my heart was beating hard so I layer down for just a bit.

I do feel better now but don't feel like drinking.

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on March 21 (wednesday) i have been sticking too apple juice, Water, flat 7up and tea, i see a few people on here are drinking Protein Shakes, is it to soon to start that after 3 days?? any advice on what ppl are drinking and eating would be great! getting bored with what I have been drinking.........thxs

I have 3 incisions and doc used my belly button

I have 5. Not really sure why bc other ppl I know that have had lapband all have 4 incisions

i was told to start Protein Shakes soon as i get home but i cant do 3 of em i do one 11 oz over the day i will have to get plain Protein Powder to mix in my jogurt and pudding i eat one of each a day but i half to spilt it in half and broth drink bout 8 oz of broth a day ....i have to stay on this liquid diet till the the first week of April

I started Protein on day 2 of post op...Mixing it in my broth. I can drink the cold stuff, but the warm stuff feels better on my tummy.

I must not have very much swelling because I'm hungry! and my stomach is grawling so hard and much that it actually hurts. Its going to be a long 2 weeks of liquids

Hi Everyone' date='

I was banded on March 21 (wednesday) i have been sticking too apple juice, Water, flat 7up and tea, i see a few people on here are drinking Protein Shakes, is it to soon to start that after 3 days?? any advice on what ppl are drinking and eating would be great! getting bored with what I have been drinking.........thxs[/quote']

I've just been sticking to water Protein shakes, Soup pudding or Jello. The chicken broth was easier to get down first but now I'm eating vegetable based Soups which are good. Also my protein shakes are nectar which are clear and not as thick as others since you're just mixing with water. I'm going to try to go out and buy unflavored Protein Powder to put in my pudding and soup bc I've been slacking on getting enough protein. Oh and when I get bored with the water they said I could have crystal light or diluted fruit juice with the water. Today i'm going to try some no sugar added apple sauce and a blended black bean soup the nutritionist suggested. Hope that helped good luck!