Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Ok..what was up with Simon...I thought Paris did pretty good and for him to say it was just weird...what kind of critique is that? I thought for what they were singing they all did ok. I mean Queen...come one...who in the hell was going to do well with that?? Bucky did get me going with Fat Bottomed Girls...one of my Queen Favs. I thought Chris did well with a song that nobody had ever heard...but I did wish that he would have picked a well known one so he could really let loose. I though overall that Taylor and Paris did the best. My 3 picks are....Elliot, Bucky and Kellie

I think Ace is going home. Bottom 3 pick: Ace, Bucky, and Katherine

I think maybe Simon couldn't figure out the non-smiling, rear-end-kickin' Paris, lol. She was INTO it! When she did pop a smile in the middle, it looked all wrong! LOL.

As Janet mentioned, we don't always agree on the Idol crew... but this time our opinions are pretty close.

My faves from last night were Katharine, Taylor, and Elliott... but they all did better last night than they have the last couple of weeks.

Li'l Miss Pickler surprised me too. She had a little too much Ashlee Simpson going on for my taste, but that was my favorite performance of hers since the show started. I'm not a huge fan of hers... words like derivative, forced, and contrived come to mind when I think of her. However, it kinda worked for her last night. Still, the highlight of her entire screen time for me was the moment when Simon gave up in mid-explanation, realizing that she wasn't going to get it. Whether she's really that backward, or just faking it, that was a funny moment.

Paula, I do have to agree with you... Chris' tremolo does get old sometimes. Normally, his style choices cover it up pretty well, but occasionally it wears on me. Of course, Freddie Mercury's voice had a HUGE tremolo, and he's widely recognized as one of the very best voices in rock - so Chris could definitely work around it if he is careful.

One thing that's been bugging me is the show's choices of celebs who come to work with the kids. Stevie Wonder has long been one of my absolute favorites, but I felt that his segment was shallow... Kenny Rogers was actually kind of annoying... Queen was kind of a waste - they didn't want to work with the kids at all... So far, only Barry Manilow did a good job of trying to work on making them better. Props to Barry - but still, he's Barry Manilow: a musical genius, with legions of fans, but not my first choice for someone to relate with these kids.

I would LOVE to see Idol use some of today's hot young producers to show what these singers could really do. I'd love to see Elliott spend some time with Babyface. I'd love to see what someone like Pharell would do with Paris; or what Wyclef would do with Ace. The thought of David Foster producing an album for Katharine (maybe a sound like the early Corrs) makes me smile!

My biggest peeve at the moment is the judges. Poor Randy - sometimes it sounds like he's shouting "Pay attention to me!! I know that Paula and Simon are the ones in the news/tabloids all the time, but I'm important too!!" And poor Paula - if she's not chemically altered, then there's something seriously wrong. And while I know that it's part of the appeal of the show, sometimes I just plain feel sorry for Simon. Not only do the other 2 judges interrupt him constantly (something he intentionally does NOT do to them), now the show's producer is starting to do it too... Did you notice last night that the "please be quiet because we're cutting over to Ryan on the stage" music started in after Simon's first sentence?

Oh well - sorry for the long post. I guess I shouldn't let it build up like this :D

I am a die-hard Chris fan and think he performed well. Like others, I was not familiar with the song but it did showcase his voice and talent.

I 100% disagree with Simon's assessment of Paris. She "nailed" the performance and got my vote for top performer of the night. Her personality is a bit too much but that does not detract from her talent.

Elliot came the closest to "capuring" the spirit of Freddie Mercury and his voice is amazing.

Bucky surprised me. I was expecting a disaster but he molded the song to his musical genre and really did give an entertaining performance.

Kelly looked like a zombie. Was she the one who killed a man or was she the corpse? She gave a fair performance and will likely get a country recording contract but she won't be the next American Idol.

Katherine's performance sounded like a screaming session. The key was too high for her to "hit" the high notes and she lacks charisma. While talented, I don't see her going all the way.

Taylor needs to get his act together and go back to his original style. Last night was horrible and failed to show case his talent.

Ace, poor Ace, he's got to go. Mandisa got voted off because she was talented but did not have the figure American's want in an Idol. Ace has little talent but has the "look" that America does want. What's with all the marriage proposals he's getting? LOL. Sorry, but Ace and Bucky are in the bottom 2 and need to go.

The judges need to get with the program and Paula needs to be replaced. Actually, Paula is great for weight loss... her antics make me want to barf. Randy needs to learn some new phrases, "It was just OK for me, man." "Yo, you in the dawd house." As for Simon, it seems he rates the entire show based on the first performance. If it's a good one, he's upbeat, if it's poor, he's ticked off and miserable for the rest of the show. Still, he does give the most honest feedback even if his delivery leaves a bit to be desired.

One thing that's been bugging me is the show's choices of celebs who come to work with the kids. Stevie Wonder has long been one of my absolute favorites, but I felt that his segment was shallow... Kenny Rogers was actually kind of annoying... Queen was kind of a waste - they didn't want to work with the kids at all... So far, only Barry Manilow did a good job of trying to work on making them better. Props to Barry - but still, he's Barry Manilow: a musical genius, with legions of fans, but not my first choice for someone to relate with these kids.

I couldn't agree more! All great acts, but completely irrelevant in today's pop market.

I missed the show!!! Was it actually entertaining or boring like the last 2 have been? I love Queen too, dang. Did anybody sing Bohemian Rhapsody, my favorite song of theirs???
I don't know if anyone has answered you yet, but Kellie sang Bohemian Rhapsody. She did a good job too.

I don't know if anyone has answered you yet, but Kellie sang Bohemian Rhapsody. She did a good job too.

KELLIE???? Wow, that is unexpected. I was expecting maybe Ace to try it. Wish I could have seen it!

Bucky - really liked the song choice, and his performance

Ace - song was too much for the man

Kelly - she was good, I have to reluctantly say that

Chris - the song choice confused me, but he could sing the Oscar Mayer weiner commercial and I'd be happy

Katharine - I just don't connect with her...she's like a trained seal. Now sing, honey.

Elliott - Great choice of son, good job of performance.

Taylor - I like his energy, and he made a good decision to change his song. He is entertaining, and full of life; authentic.

Paris - She's 16. She's great.

Bottom 3 guess: Ace, Katherine and Paris

I'm with ya skbishop78. I think it will be Ace, Bucky and Katherine in the bottom 3. HOPEFULLY Ace will go home. Although he didn't give as many "soap opera" stares last nite as he usually does. Thank God!

:D Kristin

Well The results show is coming on in 15 minutes at my house!!! May the worst go home!!! HAHA!!! I say Bucky Katherine and Ace are in the bottom 3 as well....We shall see!!!

HarleyNana,

Do you know anyone else bnded in 2004? I'm wondering how they are doing.

I was banded December 30, 2004 and I've lost 70 pounds.

drj

:Banane04: :mad:

Who was voted off...Somebody tell me quick..I can't stand it. I wasn't home and my family missed it as they were not in either......

Hopefull, Bucky was voted off tonight. Not surprising, but still sad. He seems like a nice guy. They really dragged the results out tonight. Thank God for TIVO. :Banane04: