Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Believe it or not, guys, my favorite was Bucky - he didn't even do a true country song. I have that song on a CD (three doors down or someone of that nature, can't be sure) and it was just on the radio a few years back.

Chris sounded terrific, as did Elliott and Kathrine (but I couldn't understand her). Ace,Paris, and Mandisa were okay. Kelli definitely fit her song (did you know that Fancy was an, um, "entertainer" of sorts?

Taylor, we miss you. I like John Denver, too, but that was so boring! He said in an interview that he would do Alabama if they had a country theme - what happened? He should have done Ray Charles' Georgia (did you know it was a country hit?)

Well, I didn't vote last night, so I guess we'll see how it goes! I have a feeling that Ace is going home, but he did pretty well last night!

~cheri

I was disappointed in my boy Taylor, he has so much more to offer. I'll bet he's thinking of a hundred other songs he could have done with so much more "Taylor"

Mandisa, OMG, I don't know if she's trying to prove "I am woman hear (see) me roar" or what, but I couldn't get passed the stripes. I think she's really trying to prove something to Simon and now Paula for the unpleasant remarks towards her size, but she's gotta have a mirror somewhere. She is so beautiful, that black outfit she wore a couple of weeks ago flattered her so well.

I had to look twice at the TV when Bucky started singing, he really surprised me! I don't think the judges gave him the credit he was due, they way they fawn over others. He really stood out last night.

Kellie did good, but it was her genre, of course she would. Poor Taylor, not his night. I thought Katherine did very well, but I love Faith Hill and recognized the song right away, she had me singing along with her! Elliott did well, so did Chris. Who's going home???

Believe it or not, guys, my favorite was Bucky - he didn't even do a true country song. I have that song on a CD (three doors down or someone of that nature, can't be sure) and it was just on the radio a few years back.

~cheri

Bucky did do a country song. It was Gary Allen's "The Best I Ever Had" released in May of 2005. And it was VERY out of tune at the beginning because he couldn't find his key. It wasn't his worst performance, but it wasn't his best by far.

I hate to say it but my girl Mandisa was probably the worst last night. And Kellie did well style wise, but was hit-and-miss on the notes for "Fancy".

I don't think anyone really stood out last night overall. Maybe Elliot or Katherine. I just wish Katherine had picked a more popular song.

I think Ace may be going home. I'm glad, I won't have to look at his soap opera performances anymore.

;) Kristin

Mandisa did horrible...I love her, but geez...she did really bad! I still a rooting for her!

I love CHRIS....not the best performance last night...but I still love him.

I am at a loss as to who will get kicked off....hmmm.....what do you all think?

Much like last week I thought last night stunk. The theme kinda sucked but I hoped the contestants would at least pick some decent songs! Even my boy Chris wasn't so hot. I think the best for me last night was Bucky!

It's hard to say who will be in the bottom three tonight. I think it will be Bucky, Ace and Elliot. I'm probably wrong though!

I think last night overall was a real snore....no one really good--even those who are at home with that genre......

I think going home: Ace, even tho I liked him more last night than previous shows.....

Mandisa--just off night for her

Taylor--terrible song choice and it sounded like someone who CAN'T sing!

I was yapping on the phone during Chris and Katharine.......

Hey! Can anyone else get into the message boards on "vote for the worst" .com? I can't get in and I want to read all the stuff people are saying!

Actually Veritical Horizon did Grey Sky Morning (The Best I Ever Had) in 1999. Bucky did an ok job, but I am so ready for him to go. I didn't even think Ms. Country Hotpants herself did Fancy all that good. Overall it was a pretty boring show. I did think Chris did a good job singing a song that was out of his element. He may be bald and old...but I would take him in a heartbeat. (teasing the bander who said that in an earlier post) :-) I did miss the first 3 performers...so I can 't say how they did.

**Yawn** Oh, was Idol on? ;) J/K, but I really don't like country. I'll be SOOOO glad when they choose something else next week! Hope it's not Broadway!

Oh, and Kenny wasn't impressive to me... my fav is still Barry. I think he did the most for the kids.

Chris can sing...big deal. Why would someone as beautiful as Kelly want an old bald headed, nothing to look at guy, with a wife and kids. I think you guys are imagining things. Now if you tell me she is hot for Ace, I'd buy that in a minute. Kellie has a fantastic body. She could have most anyone she wanted...and I sure don't think someone that looks like Chris would be her type. His looks turn me off completely.

Ouch! That's harsh.

Have you seen Chris in the pictures where he had hair like Ryan Seacrest? I much prefer the bald lookon him, not many people can pull it off, but I think he totally does. I personally don't think 29 is "old", my goodness.

Kellie may be beautiful on the outside, but is she on the inside? Isn't that what counts? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anywhooo....I can't wait to see who gets eliminated, I have no idea who it will be.

I missed the first three performers...my opinion is that at this point, all of the performers are very talented...and I enjoy the performances of all of them. Now, it is a popularity contest. I think this is the strongest set of contestants so far. That being said, I think it will be Elliot or Katharine who will be voted off, not due to talent, but popularity (or lack thereof). No one's talking about Paula...what in the world is wrong with her? She may be on the verge of a total breakdown...I wish she'd get it together.

I couldn't believe Ryan kept making drunk jokes. I guess that's the way they're dealing with it? Cracking jokes?

Sorry, Missy, I calls them like I see them. (I love Nashville Star, watched that last night too). Wynonna is the host of that show. I like it as well or better than American Idol. It's on USA channel. Anyway, sorry if you think Chris is good looking. I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I just find him nothing to look at compared to Ace. Kellie should have set her sites on Ace, but then I guess I live in la la land cause I haven't seen Kellie cozying up to Chris. Didn't mean to be harsh....Chris has a good voice and did a good job last night for being so far from her genre. Kellie rocked the house with Fancy just like I figured she was. She was right in her element. Who is going home is truly tough, but I won't be surprised to see Taylor in the bottom 3 tonight, although I don't think he will get eliminated. I just really think Bucky's time is limited....not sure why. Elliott, who has a great voice, was sooooooooooo nervous last night but sang one of my favorite songs. It's getting down to being hard to eliminate anyone. We are pretty much left with good singers, although I don't care for Kathryn either, and think she could be hitting the bottom 3.

Simon flat out doesn't like country music...so I don't take his criticism much to heart. If it ain't country it ain't music where I come from.

Anyway, it's going to be said definitely to see any of them go.

I didnt think any of them sounded great last night. Kellie (which country is her thing) sounded like Reba. Nothing special.

I seem to like it better when they have a particular person's music to sing. Im not a big Stevie Wonder fan, but his style of music is so large that each of the contestants found something that worked for them. I liked that. PLUS - I like the fact that Stevie was there to give personal advice.

I just think that its unfair to MAKE these people sing styles of music that they are completely out of touch with. Like Mandesa singing Country. I mean, come on?! OF COARSE SHE DIDNT CONNECT! duh.

I am clueless as to who could be going home tonight.

Bucky? Ace maybe? Kellie (wishful thinking)?

But tonight is when you can see Kellie making all her moves on Chris.

For 2 weeks (maybe longer) Ive noticed they were sitting on the couch next to each other ((Probably the producers pick a seating chart)).