Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

I agree Paula - does it not seem that is just the same ole thing. I thought it was more exciting last year and the year before. I really thought it was just me. I think they need to kick it up a couple notches..

In the season 1 they had one week where they had to sing songs that were considered from the WWII/Swing Era...And I remember Kelly Clarkson doing an awesome job with it and it was fun too and she dressed the part. They need a different style of song to sing but I think the only one that could handle it would be Katharine. I wsa glad to see Paris go though...the show is a bit too big for her.

It will be interesting to see who wins - Taylor or Chris. Such different styles. I think the public will pick one of them and not Kat. Elliott will go next. I think Chris will win and Taylor will do OK as well.

Next week is Elvis week - should be okay! I'm bored too - I haven't personally voted since Mandisa left, but I still watch religiously!!!

Maybe they need to have them perform live somewhere else?? Like outside somewhere? maybe in their underwear? or nude? or do duets with stars? something...anything?!?!?! I think the commercials are the best part of the week. And they need to just not let Randy or Paula talk - they're getting so old with the same comments!

I remember the season with Reuben and Clay - they got more personal with them - showed their makeovers, shopping trips, and cooking & goofing off at the Idol house...now they have 'em holed up in little efficiency apartments (at least that's what I've heard!) I don't like not learning about their personalities (except what Ryan gives us which could be complete bull!)

I admit it, I am a complete reality crap junkie... I even watched Flavor of Love ;), you know, the show on VH1 with flava flav??? They are all getting old. I've even heard die-hard survivor fans complaining about the same old same old!!!

Bored, but hopeful!

~cheri

Taylor should sing, "Hound Dog" or "Jailhouse rock"

Kat will sing "Can't help falling in love with you"

Elliot will sing the above it Kat doesnt.

And Chris, hmm... i think he should sing "Love me Tender". (I would :eek:), but maybe "Mean Woman Blues" or "little Sister" because I think that was redone by someone in the 90's

I'm not sure if they are doing 1 Elvis/1 Something else, or 2 Elvis...

I figured someone would do Suspicious Minds...guess I need to dust off the Elvis Albums and find a record player...oh, wait, I have them on CD somewhere!!

Doesn't it seem weird that you can buy music that was big ages ago on CD, but you can't buy new music on an LP??? just thinkin'

Kat - she always picks the bigguns, maybe she'll do Falling in Love w/You, or maybe My Way - she'll do alright...I just hope she sings on her feet this week!!! hehehhee

I would say Chris will do Jailhouse Rock 'cause it's pretty rockin' and we all know how much he likes rock (I'd love to see his CD collection)

Elliot - hmmm...I really have no idea what he'll do, but he'll sound good doing it!

I think Taylor will blow everyone else away this week, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a big fan!!!!

I have the cure for our Idol Boredom Blues - ABBA night!!!!! They would have to dress the part, too! Can you just imagine Chris in a 'fro?!?!

Well? What did everyone think of last night? I thought overall everyone was pretty good.

I think the bottom 2 tonight will be Katherine and Elliot. I just can't decide who will be going home!

Katherine really blew it last night I thought. Putting "all Shook Up" and "Hounddog" together was weird. Like a bad high school musical. Then forgetting the words.... OH MY! I agreed with Simon about her second song. Way over the top.

Elliot has been on the chopping block for awhile now. I think he's good but not good enough to win it.

Taylor was fun with his first song. It was great to see him dancing around and having a great time. His second song was pretty good too I though.

Now Chris...... ohhhhhh Chris! He was awesome. The second son he did (sorry can't remember the name) was just about the sexiest thing I have ever heard!

I can't believe we are down to 4 already! This season has gone by fast!

I think Katharine will go tonight...neither of her songs went well. I like her voice, but I think it's her turn. I liked Elliott and Taylor...it was fun to watch Taylor's first sone, wasn't it...he was having so much fun! Didn't like Chris at first but as he does something other than rock he's growing on me.

Emily

It's going to be an all-male Final Three, or at least it should be. Katharine is talented, that is for sure, but not like these three guys.

I've been all about Chris from the beginning, but Taylor is a blast, and Elliott has made so much progress since the beginning.

It's gonna be interesting!

C.

I agree that Katherine will go this week. She will get a contract, with or without the win. The guys were awesome last night and should be in the final 3. Kat hasn't been as good, but she will be better once an agent and coach get a hold of her.

Kat will go tonight then Elliot. It will be b/w Chris and Taylor. I personally hope Taylor wins b/c of his personality. We will see...