Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Of all of the special 'gimmick' shows they've had this season, this was by far my favorite. I'm still not a big Rod Stewart fan... but I am very glad they were focused on his recent standards albums, and not his 70s stuff.

Great performances from everyone - for the most part. Kellie and Ace were my least favorite. Kellie's performance did start out ok (which I kinda hate to admit, since I'm not a fan of hers), but she just plain lost it in the middle, and never got it back. And her accent got the best of her toward the end. The last two words of the song, "am I?", sounded more like "ayuhm Ahh?" - my wife, who didn't know the song, had to ask me what Kellie had said. Spooky.

I will agree with Randy (which doesn't happen much, since all he ever says anymore is "Yo, check it out!" or "You worked it out, dude!" or "We got another hot one, baby!"), Ace's performance was only interesting when he was in his falsetto. The band's arrangement of the song was fun - I liked the quasi-latin groove they put to the song, but Ace's vocal was just plain boring.

Of the two, I sincerely hope that Kellie will be the one to go...

But as some of you have theorized, unfortunately I believe Elliott will be the one to go. In my opinion, he did a great job. For once, they didn't pitch the song too low for him, so he was able to wrap his voice all the way around it - but again I find myself agreeing with Simon. Elliott's voice didn't make up for the fact that his personality doesn't come out as much as some of the other contestants.

My faves were Katharine and Taylor - with Paris and Chris close behind. Taylor's voice was dead on - and that ending was fantastic... original, dynamic, and right on the money. And Katharine's performance was close to perfect for me.

I'm not really looking forward to hearing Rod sing tonight, but maybe it will be my lucky day and Kellie will get the boot!

Time for Kelli to go. She really didn't do well at all. I didn't like Ace or Elliott's performance either. The show itself was the best this season. I loved most of the performances, except for Kelli's. Ace and Elliott were just OK.

I agree with others Kelli, Ace & Elliott in the bottome 3 tonight.

I think Paris is an ole soul and I really like her singing the old tunes.

Kathrine on the other hand ~ Humm Puppet comes to mind..

I was really watching Ace's eyebrows - did I miss it? Did not see him do anything weird with them..

Kelli really was awful I was waiting for her to mess up she has never been in the bottom and she has been consistently good can't believe it she was so bad and her eyes looked wierd wonder if she'll get the boot or another chance I think Elliot is going he has a wonderful voice but does'nt have the it factor unfortunately the show was excellent they all did a superb job what voices.

I, too, thought it was strange seeing kellie with less makeup on her eyes. She really has kind of beady eyes. I am with the consensus that she needs to go, but votefortheworst.com has all of their fan base votes going for her. I think Elliott will likely go, poor fella. But I am going to keep my fingers crossed for Kellie to go tonite.

I am so fond of Chris that I cannot objectively say who did the best anymore. I just love his style. Then again, that is the kind of music i listen to. If Chris was not in the competition, I think I would be rooting for Taylor and Katherine.

Ok...I take back what i said about being bored.....I was cooking dinner, and fooling with kids during the show. ....After they went to bed I watched it again on Tivo, and it was much better. It was very good. I just wanted to add that in....cause I didn't pay much attention before. I still think it will be Kellie, Elliot, and Ace...with Kellie the boot!

I am with the consensus that she needs to go, but votefortheworst.com all of their fan base votes going for her.

I wonder WHY theyve chosen her as their pick? Her voice isnt THAT bad.

This may be a dumb question - but i would think Ace would be more of their style.

I think its gonna be Ace tonight.

Katherine blew me away last night! She was incredible.

It was nice to see the softer side of Chris... he just proves every week why he is my fave!

Kellie was kind of creepy.... I would however kill to have a body like her in a dress like that!

Paris was good... in her element for sure.

Elliot I thought was great. I loved him leaning on the mic stand in the beginning.

Ace sucked a big banana. I am so sick of him! Go away Ace!

Taylor was good, doing the style he is great at.

I think the bottom 3 tonight will be Kellie, Ace and Elliot. I'm hoping Ace or Kellie go but I'm guessing it will be Elliot.

I think Kellie is in it for the long haul as much as I hate to admit it. Simon really likes her and America seems to listen to him. He predicted Carrie would win last year and we all know how that turned out!

Katharine's voice was really great, but she did seem kind of posed or studied...not spontaneous at all. If I listened to her with my eyes closed, I loved it!

Kellie was awful and SO needs to go. Maybe this will be our lucky night and she'll get the boot. We can always hope.

Emily

I'm always worried about who will be voted off; it's always someone I like, so that would indicate it will be Paris or Elliott, NOT Kellie or Ace! LOL!

We'll see...

Don't know if anyone of you faithful idol fans have ever seen Dial Idol ? http://dialidol.com/ a local radio station here in FL has had it on their site since it started.

It's funny to see the results each week and see how close it is to the real thing.

opps didnt finish my post: it says

4-6Chris Daughtry25.4091.634-

4-6Paris Bennett24.3761.645-

7Ace Young20.51.687-

are going to be the bottom 3 and Ace (in red) will be leaving - I can only HOPE this comes true lol can't stand him, and Kellie next week :pray:

I wonder WHY theyve chosen her as their pick? Her voice isnt THAT bad.

This may be a dumb question - but i would think Ace would be more of their style.

I think its gonna be Ace tonight.

i think it has a lot to do with her being a fraud. they categorize her as their "worst" by argueing LOTS of points, their opinion of her vocal ability being one of the points. they will usually tell who is next on the list. for example, when chicken little was their pick, they continually warned kellie that she was next on their list. i haven't paid attention to who is next right now.

i am REALLY bored with Ace. I still have my fingers crossed for Kellie to go...:faint:

Wow...it was a suprising show. You could see the shock in Chris' wifes face, lol. I am SO happy Ace is finally gone! But still very suprised about the bottom 3.