Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Thanks so much....They are all really gooid at this point so it is sad to see some off the nicer, down to earth people go.

Bye Bye Bucky.

Bottom 3 were Ace, Elliot and Bucky.

Got home just in time to see who was eliminated - only thing I cared about!

Kim, I cant believe you didnt think Taylor was great last night? im shocked.

Janet, I agree about Katharine going a step down - and the BAND not recognizing it... duh! Were'nt they there to make the singers sound their best! I dunno - Queen hasnt ever been my "thing". Freddie's teeth - something about em bothered me.

And yes! the wardrobe people went a little overboard on the black. ((((I thought I as the only one that noticed that))))

Mikey, wow. You know youre stuff! Glad Im not the only one that notices Chris's voice. I asked my Mike (also singer but not a professional like you :Banane04: ) if Chris made it do that OR if it was natural (the vibrato shakey sound). He said it depends - could be both? hmmm

...and I see you are as equally fond of Ms. Pickler as the majority of us. :biggrin1:

Elizabethsew, WELCOME to the AI thread! I cracked up when I read this,

Was she the one who killed a man or was she the corpse?
I didnt like the way she looked either... but then, i dont really lcare for her in general.

Cindy, you cracked me up too -

Katharine - I just don't connect with her...she's like a trained seal. Now sing, honey.

Now that you say it, I see it too! LOL - too funny!

Whats the theme for next week?

I SO want Ace gone...I just loved his crying tonight.

I like Chris and think he's going to go far if not win it all...but I'm sorry, the eye makeup HAS to go!

Next week - American classics by Rod Stewart. Should be good, as he has been doing this for a long, long time! I just wish they were doing his originals instead of doing a cover of his cover of an original!!!

Sad to see Bucky go, he was a genuine, nice person. I'm sure he'll be just fine, though! I am ready for Ace, Paris, and Katherine to go home (I am completely ignoring the fact that Kellie is still there - just empty space to me!!)

See ya next week!

~cheri

Harsh but true... Kellie is awful

Heh. We don't feel at all strongly, lol, do we? :Banane04: It's amazing how upset I get over a silly show!

I managed to hang up on 2 people this week during voting, lol. Don't people know not to call from 8-10 pm????? And WHY AREN'T THEY VOTING!!!

Bucky should do fine... country's good to their own! :mad: I enjoyed seeing a bit of everyone's background... but they REALLY drug things out. An hour seemed a bit much... and I was ticked they bumped Bones for it! Grrr!!

I think I'm with Mikey (now isn't that surprising, lol)... I think they should get music producers to work with the kids, instead of "stars from yester-year".

I figured Bucky would go home pretty soon, so I'm not shocked; just personally wish it would have been Ace or Katharine.

Glad I caused you a little humor, Paula....sometimes I'm capable of that! LOL! Stepford wives, anyone?

Mikey, great ideas about the current music producers...you oughta pitch that to them!

I agree, Janet, that Bucky will do just fine. He's adorable and likable and has really long legs. He sings great in his genre. I'd watch him.

Thank goodness for all of us AI freaks!

oh, Taylor--you know Paula, that Taylor really doesn't do it for me anymore--I love his voice, but the theatrics really take over and well, I just can't like him anymore.

Ace crying last night--big honkin baby--youngest of five boys--that explains ALOT to me.....

Paris IS weird to me. Simon and I think alike on them--however, she was pretty good--but the drag queen/hooker/suziechangealot hair has got to stop--Makes me crazy.

Chris is the new Idol....I just feel it!! Hes so hot and he can sing!!! Glad Bucky is gone and Ace needs to go next!!! I like Taylors energy...but lets face it he just isn't better than some of the others. He can sing don't get me wrong but not idol material!!

Thank goodness for all of us AI freaks!

AMEN!

All I keep thinking about it Chris's wife and kids - home alone :uwelcome: . I wonder if they knew what they were getting themselves into.

And how are they getting financial support if the breadwinner is in "Hollywood" for 4 or 5 months, singing weekly for America? Does the show pick up their mortgage note? (LOL - yeah, right!)

But there is/was Bucky, Elliot and Chris - all married - with families to support.

Anybody else think of this kind of stuff?

I hadn't thought of it... until we were talking about trying out for "The Biggest Loser". Suddenly money pops to the forefront! (We didn't try out, we got banded instead, lol.)

I'm guessing they get some sort of stipend. AI "owns" the top 25 for 2 years or some such, don't they? Tours, etc. They'd better pay 'em something!

I did notice that Kellie behaved better this week, heh. Wonder if it's 'cuz Chris's wife was in the audience!

I just read an article about the families on yahoo.com, but I can't find it anymore... Apparently some of them are really struggling and relying on friends and families for donations. The show doesn't even pay for them to stay out in CA unless they're the guardian of one of the minors. With all of the money they're raking in from that show you'd think they could pony up so that it's not a hardship to the family.

Queen was difficult for all of the contestants this week. I mean, no one could come close to Freddie on ANY of those songs and I agree, the band didn't really offer any helpful advice or guidance. They kind of gave fluffy critiques but still let them go on with their shabby portrayals. Hopefully the "classics" that they do with Rod Stewart will be better next week. I hope.

Did anyone listen to the actual lyrics of the song that Paris did? I have the CD and listened to it, it's one of my favorites from Queen. When she had such a tearful reaction to Bucky's departure, I wondered what was up. So anyway, I was just wondering if her song choice had anything to do with a hidden message that she's sending out. The video of her family that they showed prior to her performance indicated that she didn't want to be a singer, that she was going to medical school. The song's lyrics go something like: "inside my heart is aching, my make-up may be flaking, but my smile still stays on. The show must go on." Anyway, from the lyrics of the entire song you get the feeling that the singer/performer doesn't want to perform and that he/she feels that they must because the "show must go on". HMMM, makes you think.

Another thing...............I know that Kellie did a better job this week than other weeks, BUT..........what the he// is Simon's deal with her? He ALWAYS gives her such a great comment when she doesn't usually perform that well.

I felt SO bad for Elliot being in the bottom three this week. I don't think he deserved to be there. Kellie, Ace, Bucky, even Katherine, yes. Elliot, no.

I really like Elliot...he isn't gorgeous, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy and can certainly sing. I can't even imagine why Kellie and Ace are still on...they can't leave soon enough for me!

Emily

I thought Kat's Live Forever song was the BEST of the night. Truly, the lights people made her look amazing but I got chills!

Even my son said about Ace, "why does he do that crazy thing with his eyebrows?" LMAO