Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

No offense, Dody, but you need to put down the crack pipe. Kelly has an ok voice, but is no where near the best female vocalist. On the other hand, I'm also a HUGE country music fan and (somewhat) agree with you that she might be able to land a country album deal. But, best female vocalist? No way.

A crack pipe might be kind of nice to have about now. I really didn't realize everyone disliked Kellie so much. I guess I'm alone in liking her and Chris, but then again we can't all like the same people that would be weird.

Mandisa was on Inside Edition the other night. She firmly believes she was sent packing because of her weight. She had a great voice. I would hate to think America would do that, considering they voted so much for Rueben Studdard who was "The Velvet Teddybear". I guess I'll just like Kellie quietly and keep my opinions to myself.

Consider the fact that I was the dummy that was willing to help that girl on here asking for money, and you'll realize I really must have been on crack.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.

A crack pipe might be kind of nice to have about now. I really didn't realize everyone disliked Kellie so much. I guess I'm alone in liking her and Chris, but then again we can't all like the same people that would be weird.

Mandisa was on Inside Edition the other night. She firmly believes she was sent packing because of her weight. She had a great voice. I would hate to think America would do that, considering they voted so much for Rueben Studdard who was "The Velvet Teddybear". I guess I'll just like Kellie quietly and keep my opinions to myself.

Consider the fact that I was the dummy that was willing to help that girl on here asking for money, and you'll realize I really must have been on crack.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.

LOL...I seriously hope you didn't take offense to my comment. I was just busting your chops.

I actually like Kellie but just disagree with you about her being the best female vocalist. I really like Chris too. I hope he wins the competition this year. He has mass appeal and is very talented.

It's a shame that Mandisa thinks she was voted off due to her weight. I think she lost a huge fan base with her bad choice of songs this week and the week prior. Even though a large population of the country is religious, I don't think people like to have it forced down their throats during an American Idol competition. Just my .02, of course. I also believe that men aren't looked upon so negatively when they're overweight so that might be part of the reason that Reuben was still able to win a few years ago. Granted, he's talented too.

I hope you don't keep your opinions to yourself, Dody. That's part of the reason I enjoy coming to this forum. I like the fact that we're all different, albeit (most) of us are banded, so we do have that in common.

Now, when it concerns that girl that was begging for money....you may have been smoking crack that day!! LOL...j/k. *hugs*

I've had open heart surgery and I have a feeling my first wiff of crack would be my last.

I saw Mandisa on Jay Leno the other night. He has all the contestants on after they lose to spin some silly wheel. OMG the outfit that girl was wearing...I don't know where she gets her clothes sense from. She had on a blue jean outfit with big ruffles around the sleeve and a huge ruffle around the waist (must have added 40 lbs.) and a huge ruffle around the bottom of the pants. She is so beautiful and talented, but she dresses like she is a size 10. I agree she had a fantastic voice.

Now, as for the girl who was begging for money. I kind of felt for her at first (I buy into everything) but when I offered to help her get some press she let me know she didn't want to talk to anyone, and I sadly realized she was a fake. You live and learn, and I learned a lesson there.

I don't see the shenanigans behind the camera that people talk about with Kellie carrying on over Chris....call me oblivious. I love Chris and even at 64 I listen to some rock and loved his singing Hemorrage. I also hope he wins it all. He is a family man and a very talented person. I think his fame will take him most definitely in the rock direction though.

As for Kathryn she is most definitely not one of my favorites, but like I said we can't all like the same people. I'll try not to "gush" over Kellie anymore. I truly like her voice, but we all see something different in people.

Anyway, I've learned never to take anything to seriously, life is too short.

Have a great day.

I really liked Mandesa. Thought she had probably the best female voice - if not the best voice in this years competition.

And I -also- thought she signed her papers with the religious song 2 weeks ago... and this is coming fom someone who primarily listens to this 'type' of music.

Didnt think it had a thing to do with her weight.

So far, Bucky was the best.

Ace--absolutely horrendous--right down to his baggy!leather pants:faint:

Kelly--did an ok job, looked totally 80's, but I just can't stand her dumb ness.

yoo hoo, Paula! You around????

Elliott--very good

Taylor--ummm, sort of sick of his jumping around/trying to cute up his songs.....

Katharine--good

Paris--good--looks better with long Tina Turner hair.

Is no one else watching??????

I thought that Chris did really well....and really I thought Kellie did well. I am not a big fan of her, but she did a good job tonight. I htought Bucky did pretty good...Ace was horrible. HIs baggy leather pants were terrible....Who dresses them?

We bowl on Tuesday nights and tape the show to watch when we return home. We're sitting down to watch it now. I'll let you know my thoughts once we've seen the entire show. :)

Bucky - Ok

Ace - OH NO!

Kelly - mmmm, alright

Chris - rocked but like Randy said...could have had his moment tonight

Katharine - good job

Elliott - Great

Taylor - Had fun but could have been better

Paris - too much for her

I think the bottom three might be Ace, Paris and Bucky. We'll see.

My thoughts....

Bucky: I wasn't impressed

Ace : Ick

Kelly: I think she did very well tonight

Chris: Even though I didn't know the song, he did a fantastic job

Katharine: Amazing voice

Elliott: Another amazing voice

Taylor: I'm kind of indifferent about his performance

Paris: Good job

Favorite overall tonight: Katharine

Here's my take:

Bucky - likable guy but not good enough to win

Ace - horrible song choice

Kelly - did a good job with a difficult song

Chris - hated the song he sang, but I love him and think he'll win the competition

Katharine - really good tonight and my favorite after Chris. Obviously not a judge favorite so I'm wondering if she's a spoiled brat off stage.

Elliott - Good night for him.

Taylor - DH found him very entertaining. If I'm being honest, he drives me insane. For me, he is nails on a chalkboard. I'm ducking to avoid shoes now. :)

Paris - I really liked her tonight

Bottom 3 guess: Ace, Bucky, & Elliott

Now this is interesteing...

I thought Taylor was the best. I really did.

And is there anyone else not into Chris's shakey voice? I know its a verbrato thing (or what ever its called), but it gets to me after a while. JanetC - what are you and Mikey thinking of this?

Katharine was good. She needed a good night. Gave me chills on her high notes, but like Randy said - had pitch problems every now and then.

Im really liking Elliot.

I missed the show!!! Was it actually entertaining or boring like the last 2 have been? I love Queen too, dang. Did anybody sing Bohemian Rhapsody, my favorite song of theirs???

I can't speak for Mikey, lol. We're normally very similar in taste, but boy do we split on Idol! :D I'll try to get him to post on here later, lol.

Thank goodness I'm not a judge! I'd be more syrupy then Miss Abdul, if that's possible!

Bucky: I was surprised, pleasantly. Better then I expected.

Ace : I didn't think he did that bad. I was actually surprised he had the pipes to rock. The end got weak, but he'd really put it all out there.

Kellie: She really surprised me. She was in tune, which I normally don't find to be true (imo). Her gyrating left something to be desired, but oh well, she was definitely into her role! (Did anyone else think she'd definitely worn high heels a LOT in the past? Heh.)

Chris: Didn't know the song, which counted off in my book. Yeah, his vibrato gets to me. He's such a good guy... he really could have been amazing. I think Bo was better (though I'm working off year-old memories, so who knows). He did keep it in tune (I think, lol)... and it had some amazing jumps. Impressive, but blah.

Katharine: Man, the lighting was amazing!! And I LOVE that song. I really thought they should have dropped it a step. Her low voice is HOT... but she was shouting for all she was worth at the high end. I really have to wonder about the band... why on earth don't they just say, "Drop that a half-step & try it again" & get it in a better range!! They're the pro's after all!

Elliott: My opinion of Elliott should not be taken seriously. He reminds me of someone from my past... and I dislike him strongly, lol. Poor thing! I can't seem to get past it! I think he did a good job last night, but for the life of me at the moment I can't remember what he sang! Oh, but I remember that the band should have taken his UP a step... I prefer his high voice. The song got too low for him (imo)... he had to "talk" those notes, or change the melody line to be higher.

Taylor: I was SOOOO glad to see him have fun again! I think he's the best entertainer. If you closed your eyes & just listened to his vocals, I'm not sure they'd be on every note, but with my eyes open, I don't care! I'm just having fun with him. He makes me smile, dance & shout out to him, lol.

Paris: Anyone watch "The Unit"? For some reason, with her hair long, she reminded me of the head wife. I love that she changes it up every week, lol, I think it helps her get into her role. I think she did really well & I was glad to see the band give her props. She really is scary good for a 16-year-old. I think if they'd coach her more she'd give them exactly what they ask for. (It really bugs me that the kids are thrown out there on their own. They really should be coached & given direction... and having Queen tell them it's hard to fill Freddy's shoes is NOT coaching. Did anyone watch "Making the Band" way back when? Now that was coaching!)

Man, I appear to be opinionated this week! :D The stylists went overboard on the black, lol, but I guess black = rock... so there ya go. :D

I'm betting the bottom 3 are Paris, Tayler & Katharine... for no other reason then that they're my favs. I started out voting for 8 people... I'm down to 3, lol. Easier on my fingers!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...