Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Me too Janet!! My DH came running because I was sitting here yelling "NO!". I can't believe Mandisa is gone... she wasn't my absolute favorite (that's Chris), but she's way better than most of them.

I like Elliott's personality, but I don't understand why they praise his voice so much. It doesn't do much for me. Ace should be gone. His boy band mannerisms just grate on my nerves even if he is a hottie. I think Katherine & Chris are the best singers at this point, but I don't think Katherine will get to the bottom two.

I just caught up with this thread... wish I still had my recording so that I could go watch the naughty mink and Chris! :)

Queen songs next week? Awesome!!! I hope somebody sings Bohemium Rhapsody (sp?), that is my fave ever since the movie Wayne's World.

I didn't get to watch the elimination but I caught a little bit at the end and saw Mandisa singing so I knew what happened. I think we have all said it, SHOCKED!!! But at this point they are all very talented in their own unique ways, it could be anybody.

When Chris joined the group of Kelli and Taylor last night, Chris shook Kelli's hand. It was very formal. He also stood apart from the group and then acknowledged Taylor because Taylor was trying to grab him. I think Chris is staying as far away from Kelli as he can. Sounds like he's been warned by his DW! :)

I guess the consensus is that we are all shocked at Mandisa being voted off the program...but she'll make millions when she puts out her gospel or R&B CD. I'll buy it!

I am not a Queen expert, but I remember that not all of their songs sound like "We Will Rock You". I bet everyone can find something to sing...I enjoyed watching the little video clip of everyone jamming out with the band.

Wow. What's next?

For those who don't find Kellie talented, I have no answers for you, because she is. She is the best female vocalist there. Chris is the best male. I do believe it will come down to Kellie and Chris in the finals. Maybe Kellie bothers a lot of people because she is so beautiful and has a figure to die for....I know I would love to have it. She is a super talent and will go a long way in the country field, and let's all remember Carrie Underwood who won last yr. was a country singer. The rest will fall by the wayside, as there is no one can compare to these two. I think Kathryn is pitchy and she is the one that gets on my last (musical) nerve.

Just my opinion...you know what they say about opinions.

Oh I forgot I'm supposed to state "I am not a dr. nor do I know anything about the medical field". That was kindly given to me in a post, although I was a nurse for 38 years and where would doctors be without their gophers to make everything right for them.

Now back to the regular programming. Love you all.

Why does she annoy you? Is it because she is kind of back-woodsy or what? Annoying to me was chicken Little, but I look forward to seeing Kellie. Just what do you find "annoying" about her?

Kellie grates on me because no one in this day and age could possibly be that naive and innocent...she really overplays it. And I think she uses her "poor me I had such a hard life and I'm just a little country girl" thing too much. She tries to be so sweet it makes my teeth hurt! I think she can sing, but not as well as some of the others. I really hope she goes home soon. She's totally annoying, IMHO.

Emily

I just don't buy the dumb blonde routine. It just seems a bit forced. After reading about her on votefortheworst.com I don't believe her act. I know I shouldn't believe everything I read but it just confirmed the weirdness I already felt from her.

She has a nice voice.... but I certainly don't think she's going to win the competition.

Why does she annoy you???

Dody,

Since you asked... I think she is fake.

nice voice.

nice looks.

But definately not a virtuous "idol".

Carrie Underwood was so clean and pure. Honest. Kind. Innocent.

She was/is truly an "American Idol".

Totally opposite of Kelli. Matter of fact, I think Katharine would be MUCH closer to "American Idol" material then Kelli.

I wonder sometimes... ya know they had that error last year....

Janet, Ive said many times that I thought the show was rigged. just my crazy ideas...

Cindy, Id buy Mandesa's CD too! Her voice gave me chills.

For those who don't find Kellie talented, I have no answers for you, because she is. She is the best female vocalist there.
No offense, Dody, but you need to put down the crack pipe. Kelly has an ok voice, but is no where near the best female vocalist. On the other hand, I'm also a HUGE country music fan and (somewhat) agree with you that she might be able to land a country album deal. But, best female vocalist? No way.

**sigh** I thought Mandisa was the best female vocalist. :( Oh well.

For me, Kelly doesn't stay in tune. I hear her waver... I thought Carrie Underwood was MUCH better -- and was able to sing all kinds of styles successfully. She's doing country now because she WANTS to, not because she HAS to.

Only 3 girls & 5 boys left & I'm bummed, lol. I'm sure I'll kick it by next week, but man! I sorta don't even want to watch! :scared:

Same here, Janet! I have been pretty much bored for the past few weeks...zzzzzzzzzz

Did y'all notice that they played all of Mandisa's exit performance? Bofore, they cut them off after a few seconds - I was glad to see they gave her some respect! I'll be looking for her CD in stores by Christmas!!

I agree, Kelli is an OKAY singer (a million times better than me, but that's not saying much), but she is SOOOO annoying! I saw the pics of her, and I guarantee that wasn't a second-hand Prom dress she was wearing!! I know hard-knock life, and none of the pics I saw had any evidence of the life she declares. Maybe she has had it bad, but I think it stinks that they are selling her with it - no one else on the show has a kitsche (okay, maybe Elliott and his hearing loss, but they don't dwell on it!!!) I would like to hear her do a really tough song for once so I could better judge her singing abilities - for me it's not the voice that turns me off, it's just her! Sorry to offend!!!!

Come on Taylor, get back in the game!!!!

Disclaimer* This is just my humble opinion, not meant to offend anyone but more intended to raise awareness.

I realize that my post is a few days late regarding the hot topic of Mandisa's exodus from the show. My humble apologies. I went back to work recently and I am totally exhausted.........:faint:

Last week, when Mandisa chose a gospel song as her choice for twentieth century........I knew she was toast. No offense to any person with faith. I myself have faith. BUT, I have come to realize from watching this show for the last, what.....5 or 6 seasons, that this show may be fixed. Now, I myself have no concrete evidence to this fact. But last year when there was some controversial votes of very talented and popular individuals leaving the show, I did read some interesting posts that made quite a bit of sense to me. NO ONE THAT SIMON DOES NOT WANT TO WIN, WINS. When Mandisa sang that gospel song I knew that she had signed her papers to leave. When Rubin won a couple seasons ago, all of a sudden, he found God and refused to participate in any Idol promotions. That cost the company lots of $$, so to prevent that, she wasn't gonna go anywhere and as soon as she had an "off" night........"she's outta there". On the same season with Rubin........Simon did not like Clay Aiken. Clay Aiken did not win, but he has gone on to become significantly more popular than Rubin.........yes? Last year, Constantine. Now, I don't think anyone thought Constantine would actually win, BUT he was VERY popular with the female crowd and he knew how to play that angle. His popularity was growing. As soon as he had an "off" night......."he was outta there". Watch, you'll see the pattern.

Again, JMHO and maybe pointing out some similarities.

I thought Mandisa's had a great voice and she is beautiful, BUT, every time I think of her or read her name, all I can vision is that hideous top she wore, OMG, what was she thinking? Did she pick that out or was she sabotaged by AI?