Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol

paula

Yeh I don't get the comparison of Kellie to Carrie Underwood. There's one huge difference...Carrie can SING! Kellie is off pitch like 80% of the time!

I agree that Simon has a thing for her. Why else would he call her a "naughty little minx." That sounds a bit racey if you ask me.

:) Kristin

Hey, if he's interested in that, I'd be glad to help him out a little!!!!

DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD!?!?!?!?!?hehehe Something has to be wrong with him, no man is that perfect...he probably has bitty weenie!!

Hey, if he's interested in that, I'd be glad to help him out a little!!!!

DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD!?!?!?!?!?hehehe Something has to be wrong with him, no man is that perfect...he probably has bitty weenie!!

Girl, I have just laughed out loud. How funny!!!!!

My sources say that the genre for next week will be . . . songs of the twenty-first century. That is, any song from 2000-2006. Wow, could they narrow it down a little for us?

We will definitely get some serious entertainment this week, folks!

Chris will blow the house down (Howl, you naughty wolf!!) - this will definitely be his week, although I think every week has been HIS week!

Ace should try some Justin Timberlake (I know, I know, but he's got the voice for it!!)

Bucky will probably do something patriotic (i.e. post-911??)

Kelli will belt out some Martina or Faith (go home, already)

Taylor and Mandisa- hmmm, they always surprise and entertain me

Paris, Lisa, and Kathrine will be out of their comfort zone IMHO - Paris does the classics (40's type sound) best, Lisa is a broadway-type performer, and Kathrine is too sultry for current sounds (I see her and I think "Black Velvet", you know 80's 90's rocker girl sound?) can you imagine her singing Gwen Stefani?!?!

I have no idea what Elliott will do, but he will sound great doing it!!

Well, 'til next week then!

~cheri (NOT a ballsy naughty little minx!)

I think this week will be a good week with the 21st century theme. I can see Katherine doing some Norah Jones. She would sound really good singing her songs. Chris will do awesome...cause he just is awesome! God,I love that man.

Hey guys! Well, last night didn't have me jumping up and down, and by the looks of it, none of you were either (no post-show posts?!)

I really think Lisa is going tonight.

Chris and Mandisa sounded like a live concert (that is a good thing, but not for American Idol season)!

I loved Taylor, but I miss his excitement! Paris sounded great, but I didn't like the Beyonce impersonation. Kelli - boo hiss!! Bucky was good, in his groove. Katherine sounded exquisite, I just have a hard time remembering her. Ace picked the WRONG song - nobody does Train like Train!!!!

Elliott was definitely my favorite this week! He twisted that song around and had my kids boogying their pants off!

Well, what did y'all think????

~cheri

We watched in stunned SILENCE here--what terrible performances!

Here's my take:

Lisa, poor Lisa--Dumb song choice, you are no Kelly Clarkson! Time to pack.

Ace--creeeeeeepy, weak vocals, don't show me your scars and stop trying to "DO" me thru the television with your eyes! STOP IT! Enough!

Taylor--nice, but nothing outstanding and I LOVE him--nice to see him hold still and SING instead of the tics and jerking around he usually does. Hated what he had on, tho--I know he's only 28 but it totally wasn't "him".

Katharine--nice, but again, not great. She is no Christina Aguilara! And what did she have on???

Mandisa--beautiful woman--horrible song choice--I felt like she was screaming at me--and OMG, her outfit was sooooo unflattering!

Chris--yes, we know you can sing heavy rock. Do something different. Stop trying to pop a blood vessle in your head while singing!!!!! I want him to sing a ballad or something that will show off his voice more.

Elliot--ummmmm terrible "dance' moves. OK singing.

Bucky--goofy country kid, but not an IDOL worthy performance.

Kellie--all I can say is thank goodness she didn't get a chance to TALK! Her singing was terrible, song choice was sooooo stupid--suds in a bucket......omg

Paris--terrible hair weave/extensions whatever it was--she has a great voice, but I can't like her! So weird how she sings vs how she talks. And the dancing--ick! Way too much information! My mother would have killed me if I did that on tv!

Just my two cents!

:)

I think the bottom three will be ACE, Kellie and Lisa, and my feelings wouldn't be hurt if they ALL went home!

All in all a disappointing night. I am worried for Taylor... it just wasn't as fun. He did prove that he really can sing... but the fun is what I'm looking for!

I personally think part of the problem is these songs are too recent. It's hard to "make it your own" when you've been singing it with the real artist for the last 6 months!

Does anyone find themselves hoping that they swap out the judges next year? Their dynamic has really gotten out of control, imho. They're all bickering with each other. I'm embarrassed for them!!

I'm guessing the bottom 3 this week will be Ace, Bucky & Lisa. (Though I thought Bucky did great this week... definitely his groove.) I'm guessing Lisa will be going home.

Mikey & I finally started voting, lol, so now I'm even more vested, like that was possible!! :) I do wish they had the vote setup to be "vote someone off" instead of "vote for your favorite"... I have too many favorites!

Like the rest of you, I htought this was a bad week. None of them did outstanding! I think Lisa will go tonight....and I agree that Bucky and Ace will be in the bottom 3. I hope they bring it next week, because I thought this week was kind of boring.

I agree. Last night sucked the big banana. Even my boy Chris wasn't anything special. What a weird night. You would think with the 6 years of song options they could have picked they all would have come up with something better.

I felt sorry for Lisa. Kelly Clarkson she is not! :)

Ace was just creepy. :help:

Chris was a bit much for Idol... (still love him though!) :)

Kellie.... Wow. What a dumb song. :)

Mandisa... you go girl... but ummm... I didn't get it last night. :bandit

Taylor... Would love to hear him do some Dave Mathews! :clap2:

Paris was the best of the night we thought. My hubby commented that he shoudln't think she was so hot since she was only 17. Dirty old man! :)

Katherine was just so-so for me. Pretty boring. :bored

Elliot was okay... nothing special. :faint:

Bucky did a decent job. At least he was being true to who he is. :)

Overall, it was very BORING. I would have changed the channel but I kept hoping it would get better. It did not!

My picks for the bottom three... Lisa, Bucky and Ace. I tihnk Lisa will be going home.

Definately a boring show last night, much to my surprise. I think this show could have really rocked with all the amazing song choices they could have had.

I thought Elliot did fantastic, he was the most entertaining for me because he really changed the song to be something really funky. LOVED IT.

Ace is really getting creepy, I'm tellin' ya, perfect Soap Star.

Kellie is totally getting on my last nerves. I thought Taylor did a nice job because he needs to show that he can, like Paula said, just stand behind a mic and sing, and he definately can!!

The rest for me were not memorable enough to comment on?!

What I understood about last night was that the song choices they chose were the styles they normally sing/feel most comfortable doing.

Mandesa - Gospel

Chris - hard rock

Taylor - blues

They gave the contestants a HUGE song selection to chose from. Its only natural that they chose what they KNEW they could do well.

I honestly think it was a poor decision made by the producers(?) to chose that song gender - then slam the contestants for making "bad song choices".

Over all, I enjoyed Taylor the most (vocally), and disliked Lisa the most.

And I know Katharine has this amazing voice, but she is somewhat getting boring to me with her softy song selections. She kinda reminds me of a young Barbara Streisand. I love B.S.'s voice, but her music is a little on the boring side. Different strokes for different folks.

And I agree, Ace went a little overboard with the scar thing. The teen fans that were following chicken Little will most likely *now* fall in love with Ace. Seeing that what he did was a little on the immature side.

Hope Lisa's packed up ~