Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Wrong?

Ready2BFit
Sign in to follow this  

With my surgery on April 2nd and having to start the preop diet of low to no fat diet on Monday, I have been horrible for the last week. My inside tells me that I am wrong but I know once I have the surgery that I won't be able to eat anything good for a while. Has anyone else done this?

I have. A lot of people do it. It's called the last supper syndrome.

My husband and I went to my favorite Italian place, Ruths chris, In n Out, PF Changs, and some other places over the past two weeks. The only thing I have yet to eat is pizza. It's weird though, I haven't gorged on these foods, just ate about half and have still been below my calorie requirement.

What you are doing is normal, try not to beat yourself up and own it. Let yourself eat it, but watch your portions. If after surgery you can't have it, or it makes you sick or stuck, you're not going to want it, and that's a good thing. Enjoy for now while you're not on the pre-op diet :)

I did 2 months of last suppers. went to a siminar in Oct. made up my mind then that i was ready to make the move to do WLS but new that i would have to go on a 2 week liquid diet before surgery. didnt want to do that over the holidays pluse i was borderline being able to qualfy with my bmi. Needless to say the first of January when i called to make my first apptment, i didnt have to worry about my BMI because i had gained 19bls. As soon as my dr appt. was over and they submitted my papperwork i started back dietting.

I've had my share of those Last Suppers the last few weeks. That's why my tracker hasn't moved.

However, it's time to get serious.

I had planned to eat reasonable portions of pizza and french fries, and one Reese's Peanut Butter egg.

However, my surgeon's NP told us at our small group meeting on Wednesday that we were supposed to start our pre-op diet that very day. She reminded us that she had that day's weight recorded. She warned us not to gain any weight by saying our surgeon had already postponed three surgeries this week due to weight gain. Now I am too afraid of losing control and getting off-track. It's happened to me before, and I don't want to take a chance.

Ready - this is my second attempt at the 2 week pre-op diet. I was supposed to have surgery on 3/20 so I was on the two week diet and gorged before that diet. When I received the phone call that said I had stomach inflammation and would have to take 14 days of antibiotics...my surgery was bumped to 4/3...I have been eating bad for the last few days. I start my second pre-op diet on Monday. I'm making tamales this weekend. I have never made them before and thought I would give it a try and that will be my last bad meal before my pre-op diet again.

However I wish that I would have just stayed on my original pre-op diet. A lady at work today said I looked like I was loosing weight and some guy hit on me when I was grocery shopping...that hasn't happened in years. It was a real boost to my self-esteem...and hear I am still eating crap...it should be an incentive to stay on track. But I just keep thinking about all the stuff I can't have after the fact and I want to have it one last time. Like....pancakes....lol

Ready - this is my second attempt at the 2 week pre-op diet. I was supposed to have surgery on 3/20 so I was on the two week diet and gorged before that diet. When I received the phone call that said I had stomach inflammation and would have to take 14 days of antibiotics...my surgery was bumped to 4/3...I have been eating bad for the last few days. I start my second pre-op diet on Monday. I'm making tamales this weekend. I have never made them before and thought I would give it a try and that will be my last bad meal before my pre-op diet again.

However I wish that I would have just stayed on my original pre-op diet. A lady at work today said I looked like I was loosing weight and some guy hit on me when I was grocery shopping...that hasn't happened in years. It was a real boost to my self-esteem...and hear I am still eating crap...it should be an incentive to stay on track. But I just keep thinking about all the stuff I can't have after the fact and I want to have it one last time. Like....pancakes....lol

its pretty rough when you are having those sorts of thoughts. im so thankful that i dont have a sweet tooth. i just eat too much. How did they know that you had a stomach inflammation?? did they do a test?? what sort of symptoms did you have??

You might be able to have pancakes afterward. Make them thinner with Protein powder in them. Justified.

I have mexican food tonight and start my diet Monday. I'll eat Mexican food again and pancake, just at a slower pace and eat much less.

For now i'm going to focus on my pre-op diet.

dhales, I'm sure this time you'll be ready to rock n' roll.

Stay focused!

j~

its pretty rough when you are having those sorts of thoughts. im so thankful that i dont have a sweet tooth. i just eat too much. How did they know that you had a stomach inflammation?? did they do a test?? what sort of symptoms did you have??

Judy - I guess they take swabs of your stomach enzymes when you get your EGD and test you. I was all set to go and 7 days before my surgery they must have gotten the results back and told me that I have this stomach infection that has inflamed my stomach. I had absolutely no symptoms. It is called H. Pylori and apparently you can get it in child hood and have it your whole life and not even realize it. Some people it never affects while others it can cause ulcers and maybe stomach cancer if left untreated. So Crazy. I did spend sometime in a small town in Mexico when I was a toddler and again when I was 11 at my grandmothers house. Maybe that's when I got it. But I have read on here that apparently there are others that this infection was found in their EGD as well.

For me my last supper was on last night which was a Grilled chicken Ranch BLT, Fries and a Sprite from McDonald's. Remind you that is the first soda I have had in about two years. So today, I am actually going to start my preop diet two days early but the hard part of no meat is going to kill me but I am going to do it and not worry about it.

Please let me say that you all have been a tremendous blessing to me over the last month. I thank you so much and just want and pray for the same success and blessings for you. Off to a Protein Shake and orange.

I'm glad your here too Ready! April 2nd is going to be a good day for many of us.

Hales, so it's a good thing they were able to clear it up before your surgery? I know we're all very anxious to get the weight off but being healthy is the goal as well. Start my shakes today.

I havent felt the urge/ need to have last meals. I feel I'm cheating when I have a piece of whole wheat toast with an egg. ...well, I guess that is cheating for a high Protein no starch diet. I only have to go on liquids the day before surgery, WHICH, BY THE WAY, IS NOW JUST 2 WEEKS AND 1 DAY AWAY!!!! YIKES!

Like Julz, My hope is that I will be able to eat most things, just not that much....i couldnt bare a life without tacos!!!

Although i dont feel the need for "last meals", i do feel the need for that last adult beverage and have been par-taking in that every night. Weird, isnt it? Tonight is my last wine with dinner until.......... : (

Although i dont feel the need for "last meals", i do feel the need for that last adult beverage and have been par-taking in that every night. Weird, isnt it? Tonight is my last wine with dinner until.......... : (

yep..lol.. know the feeling well. lol.