Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bcbsil How Long For Approval?

My paperwork should have been submitted today, now I'm obsessing about hearing back! How long did it take for you to get your approval?

I got mine in less than 18 hours after it was faxed over to BCBS this was about 2 months or less ago. I live in Illinois. My best advice is to call them! Call them, and of course call them! I called them at least twice between those few hours to make sure that they got everything that was needed. My surgery day is set for tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. and I am soooo happy / nervous / omg it is finally here!

I have BCBS, my first letter telling me I needed a final weigh in weight came after just a couple days, my PC saw me right away submitted the infor on Tuesay morning and my letter of approval was dated the same day and I got it in the mail on Friday. Yay!! They originally told me it would be 3-4 wks.

Mine took less than a week.

I called them everyday sometimes twice a day, after about a week i was told i was denied, asked them for reasons then i phoned my dr's office and informed them to schedule me for sleep apnea test once that test was done i had the drs office fax that info and i again,called everyday, twice a day until they told me don't call us, we'll call you when we get approval..lol...needless to say i called back the next day to check on status and then the next evening they called me to say approved....had surgery on 12/16

Hello All. It only took me 5 days. My doc submitted my paperwork on Mon & they called me back on Fri saying I was approved and they scheduled my surgery for Apr. 12. Good luck to all!

Mine took 5 days it was denied cause they "accidently" inpatient, so they resubmitted again on Friday to say out patient, that was the only reason y they denied, so hopefully I will get approved

I am just starting this whole process with this and cant wait. I began this all about 2 years ago and got so frustrated with the Insurance that I gave up and went back to yo yo dieting. guess what? I gained MORE weight!! Alas finally BCBSIL has changed their Medical policy and most of the hoops i was struggling with are non existant. I go to see my surgeon for a consult on the 24th, see my psychologist on the 17th and have an appt with my PCP to order my labs for tomorrow.

I am nervous as I have never had a surgery..Please tell me that is normal!!

It's so normal!! Bcbs il is what I have. Took about a week for approval. Good luck!!