Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all, I am new to this and needed some help. I will be having my lap band surgery 3/19/2012. Well, I am suppose to start my "pre op diet" today and I'm clueless! :/

I have a choice between a Protein Shake diet or a "proper Protein diet" of course i picked the protein diet just because it's easier... So my question is how many Protein Shakes do i drink a day?? I want my liver to be shrunk by that day I would be devestated if they arent able to fo the surgery (im self pay). So can someone pleaaaaasse help with some advice.

IT will be surgery time sooner than you both think.

Think of it this way: 1shake = 1 meal. I had 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch 1 food meal. chicken, fish, meat. tuna, eggs, Keep drinking Water during the day. veggies are fine. stay away from carbs like bread, you will be giving up bread, rice, Pasta, noodle, potatoes, cake, Cookies, candy, pie, Bagels, I recomend that you invest in a book that lists carbs, calories, Protein. Fiber.

Didn't they tell you anything? I also had rotton support. And I was self pay. Keep asking questions. I will be happy to help if needed. lizybird@aol.com

I am doing two shakes a day (one morning, one night), one Quest Protein Bar (LOTS of fiber), and two yogurts w/out chunks or seeds. I have not added any broths yet, but will do so soon so I can decide which tastes best for after surgery. I am also allowed Soups with no chunks.

I tried the Protein shakes and they aren't that bad a little gagging here and there lol but thats me being over dramatic lol and im getting mine done in Mexico only because it's waaay cheaper. I'm scared to death about the whole trip. I cried like 4 different times yesterday and my bf kept asking "wth? Why r u cryin!?" lol idk if it's because Im going alone to MX or because im going to miss food lol! Jk! Im ready for this!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Best of luck to you. You will still be able to eat food. Just not as much and not the junk that got you where you are now. It will be your choice and you will most likely do the correct choice. This is a good opportunity for you to change your life and be healthy. You will also be much happier, feel better and look better. Sounds like a win win to me. And it was I will be 64 next month- less 89 lbs and still counting. At this time in my life when i look at me being size m from size 2x. I think who cares about that crap food anyway. it was really not my friend. Keep in touch. If you need help lizybird@aol.com

Wow that is great!! Im 27 and im at a size 3X in shirts :( my main goal is to be thin for my wedding day March 2013 :D I want to be a skinny bride! Lol... I drank my Protein shake this morning, i noticed I can't finish the whole 8 oz. I felt sooo full! I have been drinking alot of Water to try and get the after taste to go away ;) i am so ready to get the surgery done and start shedding the lbs.

Please slow down when drinking or eating. Plan on trying to find different places to write or email to and ask for samples of shake powders. I am drinking right now a Atkins advantage dark chocolate Royale shake. 15 gr Protein 1 grm sugar, 160 calories and 2 gr net carbs. It is 11 fl oz. Please have an open mind for your Protein shakes cause you will be doing them for the rest of your life.

Protein keeps you full. Helps you lose weight, helps with your muscles, Helps prevent your hair from falling out. If you do not have the band, your protein shke would not have filled u up. You drank too fast. This is why people get sick. You will be eating and drinking slower. And you will need to chew your food. I wish you best of luck. Start walking. it will help you release the gas from the surgery.

good luck Ilene

Thanks llene you have been a big help :) i will send you my email so we can keep in touch see how our progress is doing :)

-Jessica

Hello all' date=' I am new to this and needed some help. I will be having my lap band surgery 3/19/2012. Well, I am suppose to start my "pre op diet" today and I'm clueless! :/

I have a choice between a Protein shake diet or a "proper Protein diet" of course i picked the protein diet just because it's easier... So my question is how many Protein shakes do i drink a day?? I want my liver to be shrunk by that day I would be devestated if they arent able to fo the surgery (im self pay). So can someone pleaaaaasse help with some advice.[/quote']

Go get the South Beach Diet Supercharged book. Do the phase one in there. It is a high protein diet that my doc put me on. It was by far the eaisest diet I have ever followed. Despite not eating much a day I was not hungry. Crazy I know! I lost 19# in 10 days on that diet. Good luck.