Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lap band surgery on 03/06/2012 and have lost 8 lbs since having the surgery. My goal is to be down to 145lbs. My presurgical, prediet wt was 268lbs and I am down to 249.

Congrats! That's wonderful, keep up the good work. Not sure how much I've lost yet, if anything! Surgery was on 3/7/12. Not feeling to good to day, the gas is killing me! I've walked and returned to my daily movements but the gas wont move. Been taking the GasX and nothing! Any suggestions?

I know what you mean. The gas at times has been horrible and causes my left shoulder to hurt. I have relieved it by walking and not drinking gassy liquids. I have not had to use the gas x as of yet and hopefully I won't have to. It takes me litterally all day get at least 52 grams of Protein down. I am to drink 30cc every 30 min. I am going to have to figure out another way to get the Protein. It is hard for me to drink the whey Protein shakes slowly.

How often are you drinking? And you aren't drinking through a straw? I'm not sure what else you could do with the exception of curling up into a ball which may help you relieve the gas.

Hey Newbie, had all 3 shakes yesterday 8 oz. It was ok! But this gas is a bit much. I dont know what else to do. Not drinking through a straw, just sipping on all my fluids, but it won't move! Almost in tears!! my left sholder is killing me. Can't even yarn! LOL Just need to go to bed!!

Girls, I'm right there with you. My surgery was on the 6th as well as the gas is killer!! GasX really doesn't seem to help. Hot Decaf tea has helped some. I think we only have a few more days of it though from what I have read. It is worse then my sore tummy or incisions, or anything! Hang in there! Take comfort in knowing we are in pain too!!

I pray we can be free from this part of the recovery soon! I want to feel good about the surgery and look forward to happy days of my knee's not hurting and being able to walk up the stairs and not be out of breath! But this gas pain got me wondering what's worst!!!lol All I can say is hopefully ''this too shall pass"!

The gas for me has gotten better just in the last day or so. I have been walking a lot for sure but maybe it's also just a time thing. I went to bed feeling still like crap and woke up feelin not so bad. Longer recovering than I was told!

Prettyperl, I know this is tough, but we will get through this. I think the reason I am having such a hard time getting the Protein in is because I can only have 30 cc every 30 min. That is not alot of liquids in an hour.

Otters38 I hope and pray that the gas only last a few more days. It is definately worse than the small amount of pain I have from the surgical incisions. How do you get the weight loss ticker added?

Mandagay for the most part I feel awesome, just the occasional gas pains that I can't get rid of. I am quite happy with the weight loss so far since surgery. 8lbs down. I think it is awesome I can put on my wedding ring and it not be a tight fit.

I am sympathizing with every word you write about the left shoulder pain. I was banded on 3/5/12 and the most uncomfortable part has been the gas and shoulder pain! GasX helps some but most of the time I feel like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder with an ice pick! My doc told me this could last several weeks! Yikes! On the up side I have lost 7 lbs post surgery and I am happy about it.

I struggle to get the proper Protein and fluids each day. My body is craving chewable food so badly!

Im right there with y'all! Had my surgery on the 8th of March and the gas pain is insain! Used the gas x and nothing tried to use the bathroom and nothing! Guess what did help me a lot! A heating pad! Where have you been all day! I had a little the 2nd day and thought maybe I had passed the worst part but NOPE! today it hit like no other pain!

I'm down 8lbs. Since surgery and since I started pre op diet it have lots 25lbs in 3 weeks! Some motivation but so ready to start feeling better!

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and pre-op. This is the first thing I'm reading. So you can't drink out of straws after surgery? And I realizing the gas pain is gonna be bad!!!!

Im right there with y'all! Had my surgery on the 8th of March and the gas pain is insain! Used the gas x and nothing tried to use the bathroom and nothing! Guess what did help me a lot! A heating pad! Where have you been all day! I had a little the 2nd day and thought maybe I had passed the worst part but NOPE! today it hit like no other pain!

I'm down 8lbs. Since surgery and since I started pre op diet it have lots 25lbs in 3 weeks! Some motivation but so ready to start feeling better!

I weighed this morning and I am down 11 lbs. and 25 since starting my preop diet almost 3 weeks ago. I still get the left shoulder pain, but not near as often as it was...Thank the lord!! So Proud of you, keep up the good work :)

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and pre-op. This is the first thing I'm reading. So you can't drink out of straws after surgery? And I realizing the gas pain is gonna be bad!!!!

Tinarl73, after surgery you will not be able to drink out of a straw ever again or at least that is what my surgeon has told me. Do you have a surgery date scheduled

I am sympathizing with every word you write about the left shoulder pain. I was banded on 3/5/12 and the most uncomfortable part has been the gas and shoulder pain! GasX helps some but most of the time I feel like someone is stabbing me in the shoulder with an ice pick! My doc told me this could last several weeks! Yikes! On the up side I have lost 7 lbs post surgery and I am happy about it.

I struggle to get the proper Protein and fluids each day. My body is craving chewable food so badly!

I really hope the shoulder pain doesn't last for weeks. ugh. I also struggle getting in the proper amount of protein in each day, not so much fluids because I can handle that but drinking the protien shakes only 30 cc every 30 min which could make it last all day long...literally. For some reason I also have been craving chewable food really bad. I thought I was over that hump but I guess not