Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do I Get Over A Plateau?

I need to know how to get over a plateau. I've been hovering around 30-32 pounds lost for the past couple of weeks. I had a .4cc fill on Tuesday; finished my 2-day liquids last night; and went back on mushies today. I exercise at least 4-5 times a week for 30minutes to an hour. If I go over on my daily carbs, its not by much and my doc said that's okay. I usually don't go over 1000 calories in a day. I get all my Protein (plus some, usually) in. The only thing that I have a problem with is getting in 64 oz of Water. Usually, I'm at about 48. Could that be the problem??

well if it makes you feel any better I have plateaued for the last 3 months I saw my doctor yesterday I lost .8 lbs, (but i have not gained any)I had my surgery in late june and im only down 46 pounds , so i am right there with ya the most important thing though my doctor asked me was what is my ultimate goal I say 50 more pounds but at the end it's to feel better and be healthier he says focus on that not on the numbers and with that I do actually feel so much better., I feel more focused and the last 2 days im sticking to my 3 meals no snacking and I feel positive . Do you snack between meals and do you eat more than 4oz of food at a time?

@lucirose: I don't snack with food. If I get hungry, I'll have a Protein shake or drink flavored, SF Water. Since I have to wait an hour after I eat to drink anything, snacking on solid food just hasn't been on my list.

@heidib...really eat more??

Maybe i'm eating too much red meat? I dunno...I'm at a loss. (ha!)

Hello!

It might not be the same situation, but I've been stuck at 45 lbs lost for the last month! When I really thought about it I decided it was because I became complacent ... I was so excited to see such a difference and I was so happy that I decided to "give myself a break." I still followed all the rules, but certainly wasn't giving my 100%.

Tomorrow morning I'm hitting the gym at 8 am - it's time to get my second wind and kick another 45 lbs to the curb!! :-)

Good luck!!

Down a pound today. That makes 33. I'm snacking again today (did so yesterday as well). Had cottage cheese and melon. I'm trying to cut back on the Protein shakes...trying to have actual food to see if that helps me over this plateau. Thought I'd take heidib's advice. Let's hope it works. :)

Its just a matter of time! It sounds like you are doing everything just right and you just have to wait it out. Patience is the hardest part about the banded life I think!

yes...I agree. :)

I plateau too but I seem to plateau, loss, plateau, loss, etc. I'm plateauing right now but about to head in with a fill.

I too have hit a plateau..also. ugh keep playing with the same 3 pounds. I am not eating anymore than what I have been, and doing my exercise 3-4 times a week. I had surgery in July so almost 8 months out now.

I weighed Saturday and was up 1.8 and did a 5k Saturday, wieghed this morning and was up 2 pounds!

I am so down on myself and shouldn't be..I am not eating anything but Protein and veggies, very few carbs. So I feel your pain!

Plateau is my middle name these days as I work on my last 20-30 lbs. It is up/down then after 5 days down. I had slowed down from a 2 lbs/wk to only .5/week.

Best advice is stay on course and it will come. Try and mix it up. Try to keep variety with your workouts and food. I also go for mini fill just to see if that can break the cycle too. 2 weeks ago I had a small fill of .2cc's. I saw a lose of 2 lbs right away. Then down another 1 lb last week and then another 2 lbs lost to gain the same 2 back the next day. Since then plateau city. I have increased my Protein even though I have always eaten a lot and increased my workouts to pilates 2x/wk for 1 hour and cardio sessions of 1hr - 5-6x/week.

Good luck!

I think I finally broke the plateau! According to my mom's wii fit plus...I'm down 36 pounds! yay!!!! thank you all for your wonderful advice! I gotta go eat some Soup now. LOL.

I think I finally broke the plateau! According to my mom's wii fit plus...I'm down 36 pounds! yay!!!! thank you all for your wonderful advice! I gotta go eat some Soup now. LOL.

Whoo-hoo!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Thank you!