Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Disappointed

Sign in to follow this  

This morning was suppose to be my last phone call from carewise before surgery could be approved. I was all excited and have been all week. THis morning i get a call from Carewise to inform me that the girl who normally calls me is ill and thus cant call me. They wanted to postpone till the 20 th but i was like no way i can wait that long. So instead gotta wait till next saturday now. Sigh. I so want this part of my journey to be over so i can move on to the next part the schedualing surgery.

awe Deb I'm sorry :( Maybe they will schedule it sooner than before because they had to put you off a few days? Sending my most positive vibes your way.

hugs

julz~

Ty Julz ... lol i know it sounds like i am whining. Oh well next saturday lets hope its all done and said and i can get them to tell me when they will submit my insurance so i can get a date and hope for April 25 th.

Tell them you NEED April 25. Like you've scheduled time off work, made arrangements for the kids, have the in-laws coming from Uganda to stay with you, have purchased your food and it's going to spoil.......... WHINE! Whine all you can dear! I've seen it work for others :D

As far as whiny on here to us......... oh plzzzzzzzzz ;) This is just the beginning of our journey.

fingers crossed!

j~

I agree with Scorpio. One week shouldn't make that much of a difference, but if it does... Whine, cry, talk to managers, complain. Write letters to the company managers. It works.... Not that I have done that.

Deb - I am in the same boat and feel your pain. I was supposed to have surgery on 3/20 and I have been on a two week post-op diet. I was called today and told that I have some kind of stomach inflammation from tests they took during my EGD and I have to be on antibiotics for 14 days and then have surgery on April 3rd instead. I restart my pre-op on March 20th....so dissapointing :(

I was called today and told that I have some kind of stomach inflammation from tests they took during my EGD and I have to be on antibiotics for 14 days and then have surgery on April 3rd instead. I restart my pre-op on March 20th....so dissapointing :(

I am sorry your surgery is delayed. But it's good the tests indicated there was a problem prior to surgery. It would be even more disappointing to have the surgeon discover during the procedure that he can't proceed due to a stomach issue. I hope the days pass quickly for you.

I am sorry your surgery is delayed. But it's good the tests indicated there was a problem prior to surgery. It would be even more disappointing to have the surgeon discover during the procedure that he can't proceed due to a stomach issue. I hope the days pass quickly for you.

Thank you for putting it that way. I would have been disappointed beyond imagination if that would have happened. Put it in perspective. I will just my medicine and keep going and be grateful they didn't decline me and only postponed me :)

Or worse. Imagine the virus kicked in or got into your bloodstream from surgery. Horribleness would have ensued ;) But seriously it's good to get it taken care of.

April is going to be an awesome month. I think we all have to have faith in the fact that things happen for a reason. Why else would we all be here together?

:rolleyes:

Thanks ladies!!! It makes it that much more bearable thinking about what if they didn't find it. It also would have been awful to get banded and then have it removed because of this. I am self pay...so I know I couldn't afford it a second time around...it is taking all I have the first time. I agree things happen for a reason and maybe there is a reason we have been delayed Brokenwings.

Hey dhale

thats how i am trying to look at it. I am trying hard not to stress it. I will be much more relaxed i know when i get the notice i am approved. I hope by march 25 I have that. I hate waiting.. Never been good at it... lol

Hey everyone, just a quick note to tell you that everything happens for a reason... Sometimes the best blessings are unanswered prayers so dont feel down I know you, Deb, want to "close this deal" but keep the positive attitude =) Focus on preparing for the big day so everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Deb - I am in the same boat and feel your pain. I was supposed to have surgery on 3/20 and I have been on a two week post-op diet. I was called today and told that I have some kind of stomach inflammation from tests they took during my EGD and I have to be on antibiotics for 14 days and then have surgery on April 3rd instead. I restart my pre-op on March 20th....so dissapointing :(

Dhale. I have heard of another person that they found Hpylora in and thus delayed her surgery. I had that years ago and I was not very good at taking meds and i didnt finish the whole treatment So i was very worried that they would do preop and find that and stop my surgery So i am doing the treatment plan again NOW. Got one of the providers i work with to write me the scribts needed. So that hopefully when i get a date wont be any other things delaying me.

Deb