Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anybody Have Lymphodema?

I'm in Dallas near downtown. No, never been. Good luck with the clinic. Let us know what happens.

Another site that's helpful is MyFitnessPal. Check it out. It calculates what you eat, among other things. I'm ShikiP there.

I know the things you are talking about. Some of the beauty salons used to use them years ago, don't know if they still do.

Cheri found it for me ..it was the compression pump. I'm pretty sure that's what they put on me too during surgery.

I mentioned the beauty salons because if you can't afford to buy the system outright you may be able to pay for the treatment at a salon :)

I would contact the purchasing officer of the hospital where u had surgery, they will often get items much cheaper like this because of purchasing contracts and purchasing power, they may be able to get one for you if u have trouble purchasing one on line. The other thing i would do is discuss this with your doctor as increasing the circulation can put more pressure on the heart and u need to know that using this for extended periods would be safe .. good luck with trying to get this sorted.

Just as a foot note there is a certain form of massage that can be done to drain lymphatic Fluid in the legs and it might be an idea to get reading on how to do it, or get partner/hubby/support whoever to learn it for u ... All the info i am sure will be at the clinic to treat it so the appointment should help in many ways :)

Thanks guys. I called today and found out that it probably will be covered, it's just a big huge process. I found a pump from Lympha Press and they had me call one of their retailers and this lady who told me she had just started there helped me with everything...she was really nice and said it takes about 4-6 weeks :(

I soooo don't wanna wait! I need this now, not a month from now. So I'm thinking of maybe going to the hospital and having them put them on me for a while so I can get some relief.

All the paperwork is being sent to my doctor and to help speed the process I made an appointment to see her on Wednesday ...so when I go she will be able to write me a script for the pump and sign all the paperwork for me. Then it gets sent back to that lady and she will send it to my insurance...then I have to wait. Sweet!

Congrats! At least you're on the right road ... and further down the road than you expected. I'll be curious to know how it works for you. My pcp is wretched and not at all helpful, but I'm keeping her temporarily because she has approved a motorized wheelchair for me.

I have klippel-trenaunay syndrome and lymphodema is a side effect of it. I am in the process of getting everything ready for lap band. I am waiting to see if my doctor documented things right for the diet and that is it. Kinda nervous about that. I have lymphodema in my right arm way bad. And at times my left leg will swell up and look like your ankles. I am really hoping the surgery helps the swelling and the pain. I will be curious about you. The pump is suppose to be great. I have the compression stalking and it is such a pain. I really hope yours gets better.