Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over Eating After An Unfill

I recently had to get an unfill because I could hardly get any solids down. Now, I feel like I have no restriction what so ever. I am so scared of gaining weight back. Is this a phase that my band may be going through? She only took out 2cc, what she put in at the time of my fill. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so what were some things you did to help mentally and physically. This is not easy it is a mental challenge more than anything. I get depressed every time I have a meal. Someone please reply back.

Just be careful about what you eat. I do not understand why the Drs feel the need to take out so much even.1 of a cc makes a huge difference. Maybe you can get in earlier to get a fill. Hang in there!

The times time I had to have a small unfill one was 0.1 cc and it was like night and day in the difference. I also had to have another .2 cc taken out after I went in for ½ cc and I tell them when I go in there I am too tight but I only want .10 taken out and if that is not enough I will come back again. I even hold my hand over my port till they agree lol.

Cheri

I recently had to get an unfill because I could hardly get any solids down. Now, I feel like I have no restriction what so ever. I am so scared of gaining weight back. Is this a phase that my band may be going through? She only took out 2cc, what she put in at the time of my fill. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so what were some things you did to help mentally and physically. This is not easy it is a mental challenge more than anything. I get depressed every time I have a meal. Someone please reply back.

this is one reason why im preferring a gastric sleeve at this point. i cant give you any advice, im not post op yet... im sure others here will have some advice for you though. i hope that you are o.k. about it all real soon and start weight loss. it must be awful to go through the surgery and come against this. im sorry this has happened to you.

I had two unfilled before Christmas (needed because I couldn't keep solids food down) . I will admit I had a hard Christmas and really ate whatever I wanted and how much for a couple days, then I had to buckle down and admit that I was going to make this work, feeling hungry all the time again is no fun. I went back to basics, Protein Shakes twice daily(gnc has a Protein called total lean 25, it also has an appetite suppresser, which is just what I needed). I also tired high protein, fish fillets and I religiously logged my food on myfitnesspal. I lost 3 lbs, which I can say those are the proudest three lbs I have lost. I considered taking oxypro elite, but decided to tough this out. I went for a fill mid feb, which had to wait even though I was practicallly begging the office to do it earlier. I also increased my burn calories. You can do this. Dig deep, even give yourself I couple days, if needed and gorge. Then pull yourself up and use everything you have learned so far. I also went to a support group for the first time, which was hosted by my surgeon, and I really enjoyed it. Don't worry this to shall pass and you will get most of those ccs back.

I had two unfilled before Christmas (needed because I couldn't keep solids food down) . I will admit I had a hard Christmas and really ate whatever I wanted and how much for a couple days, then I had to buckle down and admit that I was going to make this work, feeling hungry all the time again is no fun. I went back to basics, Protein Shakes twice daily(gnc has a Protein called total lean 25, it also has an appetite suppresser, which is just what I needed). I also tired high protein, fish fillets and I religiously logged my food on myfitnesspal. I lost 3 lbs, which I can say those are the proudest three lbs I have lost. I considered taking oxypro elite, but decided to tough this out. I went for a fill mid feb, which had to wait even though I was practicallly begging the office to do it earlier. I also increased my burn calories. You can do this. Dig deep, even give yourself I couple days, if needed and gorge. Then pull yourself up and use everything you have learned so far. I also went to a support group for the first time, which was hosted by my surgeon, and I really enjoyed it. Don't worry this to shall pass and you will get most of those ccs back.

can you tell me what the Protein Drink with the appetite suppressor is please or do you have a site for it?? ive not heard of it.

It's a GNC and its called Total Lean 25. They are actually really tasty. They have 25 grams of Protein and are low in fat. I like the rich chocolate and Cookies and cream

I'm surprised she took it all out. So, now you have nothing in your band again?

My clinic has a stupid system for this too. Now they are only allowed to give fills of .5cc or 1cc (maybe more than one, but I've never been able to tolerate that much more). I'm nervous because I'm having a de-fill Thursday and I'm afraid they'll take out the .5 they put in (I'd be back to 4.5). Really sucks....previously they would decrease you by points, which was good. I'm going to beg/demand to have them only take out .25.....hopefully!!