Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are lean cuisines a good serving size for when I can start eating "real food? "

They are convenient, mostly healthy, and seem to be a nice, small serving size?

I just started eating them myself in the last month. I have never been a fan of frozen meals but got tired of eating the same lunch all the time. Now I really like a couple of different Lean Cuisines.

I think they're good, and portion controlled. I like a hot lunch so I pretty much take a different one every day. And if I have to leave a bit, I don't feel guilty (there's always different ones on sale so I stock up).

I don't eat them because they tend to be high in carbs and don't seem to have the 3oz of Protein as required by my doctor.

After I got restriction 5 mths out, I could only eat about 2/3 of a 'LC. 2 1/2 yrs later, I still don't think I've finished one. I love LC spinach mushroom pizza but an only eat about 1/2 of one. But ur right, it does seem lkke a good portion size

Marci

I'm not sure about after banding but the very low calorie diet I have been on so far allows one LC meal less than 300 cal to replace Protein and carbs. I agree it really does help with portion control!

I think as a convenience food they do ok but just watch the salt/sodium levels some are quite high and that doesnt help in some people :)

I have found that most of these types of meals have either Pasta or rice and I really can't eat either one.

I thnk they should be good as far as portion, but they are really high in sodium.

I know they will sure be a staple for me once I am back to normal foods. I have eaten them for years and do quite well with weight loss. I follow Weight Watchers and they are sure a huge help for me in so many ways: time, Portion Control, getting a veggie and Protein in. I don't usually have them 3 times a day, mind you, but sometimes one, sometimes two. And sometimes none.

I eat them in a pinch usually on Sunday when I'm doing my chores. I think it depends on the person some can tolerate them, some cannot. They are really high in salt so I tend to drink a ton of Water before and after I eat them (more than I usually do) but they are something quick and easy and are always in my freezer and are always on sale at my supermarket either lean cusines or weight watcher meals or healthy choice.

Also before you reach restriction you will probably need to augment with veggies. If you read the LC website it says their meals are meant to be part of a healthy meal not the entire meal. They are not meant to be a full meal for a regular person.

I had one yesterday with chicken and Pasta and could only eat half. I am learning that pasta and rice are a no no for me along with bread so it might be hard to find one that will work. Some people do fine with those things so either way good luck to you!

ate them every day (1x or 2x) with steady weight loss the whole first 4.5 months when i had no restriction - especially the cheese pizzas and pastas. Now, I would only get a few bites in and have to stop - but i could "work on one" over the course of any evening - a few bites here, a few bites there until done - hard to keep heating up but i've done it.