Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weird feelings in my throat......

I have just noticed, in the past couple of weeks, that my throat feels really weird & sometimes it is downright uncomfortable. The only way I can explain the feeling is that it's like the tightness I get when I am really holding back the tears. I haven't PB'd in many months & I am swallowing fine. I'm also chewing to goo. I just don't know. Weird. Does anyone else or has anyone else experienced this? & if so, what the heck is it? I put myself on warm liquids today to see if it helps. :mad:

Okay! I think I may have figured it out with help from a friend. I became really upset a couple of weeks ago. Afterwards my band really clamped down. I couldn't even swallow liquids for a few hours. My friend says this is common for a lot of bandsters. So it's possible that my band clamping down has caused some irritation. So it is warm liquids & mush in moderation for me for a couple of days! I hope this crap goes away!!!!!! Thanks Becky!!

My band has been known to tighten on it's own at times and feel like I have something around the lower part of my throat. I'd certainly be aware of any nighttime reflux or inability to swallow or foods not moving through in a reasonable amount of time.

So far it's getting better. No reflux. Thank God! I suffered with reflux for years before I was banded & it was not pleasant! I spent a fortune on Prilosec. If it does come back, you can beat your sweet patooties that I will be back for an unfill, regardless of if I can eat or not!! LOL! Even if I never lost another pound, the band is worth it's weight in gold just because the reflux is gone! Or should I say, "It's worth the weight I've lost in gold!"

Jessie and JAck that is exactly what I think it is. I get this feeling usually after some tight restriction. I think it is the band weighting down the esophagus and pulling the throat tight. I do the same you did Jessie when this happens, I drink warm liquids and stay on mushies for a few days! I hope it gets better!!

Thanks everyone! It is completely gone today! YAY!! I really thought a lot about my eating habits during all of this. I came to the conclusion that I was trying to eat around my band. You know, get the full feeling & then wait til it's gone & eat some more even though I'm not hungry. I have since stopped this bad habit & I am eating like a bandster with tight restriction should. I'm losing weight regularly & the pain is gone. Don't get me wrong, I am tight, but I can still eat solid food. Just not very much at all. I am making sure to get all of my Protein in. I am also making a conscious effort to get enough fluids in. I think it has been really hard for me to except the fact that I can survive on such a small amount of food & remain healthy. I'll admit it, I was a binger. I was a closet binger. It has taken me a year to come to terms with this. But at least it's happening.