Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have To Do A 5 Day Ketosis Diet!!!suggestions Please!!!!

Hi Everybody,

Thank You so much for your help with this diet, Yes I have a meal plan on what to eat for 5 days, The 3 cups of chicken broth is nasty already and I'm only on my 2 nd day...and I can't stop urinating Is This Normal?????? I also have dieabetes so I'm eating nothing with sugars in it I'm SCARED my blood sugar is going to drop I am going to have to call the nutrionist today...Thank You everybody so much for all your help and support..You guys are such a great support system..I'm so glad to have you guys here with me...I'll let you know when I get my surgery date.. i should get it today...Good Luck to everyone in this journey

Jessica

Yes the chicken broth is nastyyyy i stuck with the beef bouliion cubes lol muchhh better!!!

I used to have to have my ketosis monitored for a weight loss clinic I went to. It was easy to cheat the system because if I did the 2 day hollywood diet on a liquid you must drink for 2 days and nothing else, my numbers were always so good.

I did this when I fell off the weight loss wagon and didnt want to get in trouble for not losing weight. It always confused the nurses why I had good numbers meaning I should be losing weight but I wasnt. Seemed like a smart idea at the time because it helped me eat what I wanted and still got to look like I was working hard.

Clearly it didnt help me in the end because I got fat again and was banded.

But anyways if you do the detox diet for 2 days it could help.

Hi Everybody,

Its Jessica again

I have to go on a 5 day ketosis Diet. From Sun-Fri, I have to then go to the doctors office to give a urine to see if there are ketones in my urine..Any suggestions anyone can help me out with this Like what to eat while on this diet I would highly appreciate it..

its mainly Protein with very little carbs.. not easy but its do-able.

On day 3 of ketosis diet. Woke up with headache and nauseated! Ugh.is this normal.I go for urine to make sure I am in neurosis on sat am.

I had to do the same thing before they would approve my surgery..they didnt tell you what you could eat?? when i did it the only thing i could eat was very little.. 1 egg for Breakfast using a spray, lunch only two slices of deli chicken breast, dinner chicken only the size of a deck of cards.. Condiments allowed were salt pepper garlic/onion powder....and your suppose to have 3 cups of etheir chicken broth or beef/chicken bolluion ..... very strict.... also you may subsituite the chicken with beef or pork just no fat... this is what i was told to eat i was in high ketosis i lost 7 lbs in that 5 days started sun got tested on a friday..GOOD LUCK

Does Atkins have how to do ketosis in his books? ? i remember years ago trying to get my body into ketosis and didnt succeed. but my metabolism is very sluggish and difficult to move. if you googled it i wonder what info you would get?? is it worth trying?

You can buy ketosis test sticks at the pharmacy and they are cheap and easy to check yourself.