Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Papaya Enzymes

Sign in to follow this  

HI My fellow Springers.

I of course have been reading the forum always on the look out for info I could use and today i read that Papaya Enzymes is great for stuck periods. That if you feel stuck that you could chew these as they help break down protiens. I found this as someone had eaten some meat and felt it was stuck. They suggested carrying these around in your purse. So i ordered me some from Amazon today was cheap I think i got 100 for 7.00 ... I sure hope i dont need 100 lol. I thought i would share this with you all.

Do you have the link so we know exactly what your looking at? I'm stocking up on boxed creamy Soups and stuff I can take to work. I have a feeling I won't be eating as much as I've stocked up. I'm starting to feel like a squirrel.

Yes, I saw that post today also and added it to my shopping list. Thanks!

YW.. I think since no way we could all read each topix that would be great spot here to share info that would help us all.

EXACTLY Deb! I really appreciate you pulling it over here. I can spend hours sitting here reading but have been too busy lately. Thank you for pulling it all together for us.

I think I'll over mine now. Someone also told me there was something you could take for the gas pains after surgery. I'll try to find out what that is. Sounds rough.

j~

I had read that gasx meltaways help for the gas pains but i am not sure why since thats for gas in the stomach and instestines and this gas that will be the problem is the gas they use to inflate the abdomen cavitity. If you find anything else though i am sure willing to stock up. I gotta go buy my chewable vit anyway. I was going to do gummies but read that its a bad ideal.

I had pain from the gas when I had my tubal years ago. I guess they fill you with gas so they can move around in there. It started in my lower stomach and moved up my body over the next few days. They hadn't prepared me for it so I got freaked out and called about it. They told me the gas would slowly dissipate throughout my body over the next few days. That's exactly what happened. The pain moved up my body until it was gone. Only that that seemed to help me was a heating pad. I have two packed!

Gummie Vitamins are bad? My nutritionist said they were fine..... Please explain. I don't want to get stuck or anything, just do not like the chalkiness of some chewables. If it came down between being stuck though I choose chalky.

The following is what my doctor is requiring and after a year following this forum it seems to be the standard. My doctor gave me a printed sheet of all nutrients I should be taking before and after surgery. I started them in mid Feb.

chewable vitamins: flinstone Complete Multi Vitamins or Centrum A Zinc

calcium citrate required , 1500-2000 mg/day

Vitamin C is recommended for wound repair. I take 1000 mg/day

Biotin is recommended to limit Hair loss (begin taking now)

Zinc (15-20 mg/day) also helps minimize hair loss and helps with wound repair

B12 sublingual (required by my doctor) after surgery.

Protein 60-80 grams/day

Water- 48-60 oz /day

Thanks! I'll just steal my kids Vitamins and add my women's funnies to my husbands.... He will never know. Lol.

Thanks for the Biotin tip.

I'm already on Vitamin B-12. I wonder why you have to wait? I'm also on a B complex vitamin.

I thinking going to add selenium to my regime as well.

Thanks for the info

I Love it .. We are now exchanging such great info. I found the Gummy vitimins get stuck on the forum. Tonight when i am home off work i will find it and post the link. I may try later to find it but the ER is crazy today... OK its crazy everyday but some days more then others....

Thanks! I'll just steal my kids Vitamins and add my women's funnies to my husbands.... He will never know. Lol.

Thanks for the Biotin tip.

I'm already on Vitamin B-12. I wonder why you have to wait? I'm also on a B complex vitamin.

I thinking going to add selenium to my regime as well.

Thanks for the info

Im also on B Complex now. It doesnt take much to get your daily requirement of selenium and it's in a lot of goot food you probably already eat. I get mine from 2 Brazil nuts each day.