Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions: Why Does It Hurt Should It Still Hurt???

Hi i just got the surgery and my stomach still hurts i have been on all liquids for the last week. first question: how liquidy do the liquids need to be???? second should it still hurt, some of the stuff i have been drinking like smoothie's have been sorta thick. i hope i haven't screwed anything up. i need help!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:Hi there my nmae is Sara, its normal to hurt and be sore for like a month after surgery, I know I was, but hang in there it will get better. Did you have Lapband, if so you will also have pain in port area for along time maybe never go away compeletly because it sewed into muscle and when muscle move it pulls and then hurt. Smoothis are fime not to thick, sip do not use straws, space out you sips, drink alot of Water all day sip sip sip. you can get surgar fee Jello, pudding, yogart is great use Greek yogart has high protien. Drin protien drinks and Diet peach snapple also silt soy milk it so good if you put it in freezer and let it ice up and drink it cold mmm love it.At first I craved cold slushy drinks, split pea Soup, cream of chicken. Well hope you doing fine Sare

I'm 2 days post surgery and I'm still in a good amount of pain. I've found that if I stay on my meds and take them as directed it keeps the pain at bay, but it's still there. I'm really tired, I'm sleeping a lot, but I think that's part of the healing process. How long ago was your surgery?

I had surgery Feburary 8 2010 I weighed 324lbs and now down to 193lbs, yes you will sleep alot that normal, also the meds make you sleep alot, after a week or 2 you will start feeling better kust try to walk around the house take stool softners so you do strain when you have a bowel movemnt and anything liquid like peach diet snapple, chicken, beef broth, pop cycles sugar free, Jello, pudding, no staws, sip all day on stuff, drink Water, Belive me follow the change to the T and you will have major and great results. If you need anything email me leonsdb@att.net you can visit me on my we

website at http://www.leonsboxersandqueenslands.weebly.com Hope you feel better. :wub:

I had surgery Feburary 8 2010 I weighed 324lbs and now down to 193lbs, yes you will sleep alot that normal, also the meds make you sleep alot, after a week or 2 you will start feeling better kust try to walk around the house take stool softners so you do strain when you have a bowel movemnt and anything liquid like peach diet snapple, chicken, beef broth, pop cycles sugar free, Jello, pudding, no staws, sip all day on stuff, drink Water, Belive me follow the change to the T and you will have major and great results. If you need anything email me leonsdb@att.net you can visit me on my we

website at http://www.leonsboxe...ands.weebly.com Hope you feel better. :wub:

What she said! Good luck, Karen

yes i got the LAP BAND!!!!!!! i just got it and am extremely excited i got it 2 mondays ago. and thank you all for the support it has helped me so much.

If you need something dont hesitate to email me or ring me Iam her Everyone need a great support team because if you dont have it you will not feel good and you will make wrong choices by just not knowing what to do, by you third week you can eat pureed foods which is at alot of cream Soups but with non fat milk, I also venne sausges because the smashed really good in my mouth you must chew 60 times, and to let you know if you stay on a protine drink you will not crave food or sweets, I recomend at GNC vitaimines store they have the GNC brand no surgar protine drink it is cheapest and it work awesome. I also drink lots of SOY Milk. You can check me out on Face Book just go to Facebook and look up Sara Leon in Winters Ca 95694. Well hope you feel better tonight, just make sure you walk and sip sip sip no gulping and take time to eat go slow enjoy it. Sara