Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Be Banded In March:-)

I had the procedure on 3-1-12. I will answer any q I can :)

Thank You Mandagay. What did you eat 2 weeks prior to the procedure.

I was supposed to do all liquids but honestly I only did it one week prior and I also had pudding and Jello, fudge pops and yogurt. I did have everything low cal. Yo plait light has some really great flavors if u have a sweet tooth

and your 8 days out. What are you eating/drinking and how much per meal. Where you in any pain after surgery and how are you now.

I am eating anything I can purée enough that I could sip it thru a straw (tho I can't use a straw). I had my first post op visit today and he cleared me for soft foods next week as long as I chew chew chew and eat slowly. I have lost 15 pounds since surgery so that's good. The pain was pretty bad I guess because I didn't have a bowel movement for five days so the gas was intolerable and I called my doctor if he told me to take milk of magnesia and that fixed that problem but basically except for all the gas which was what I had was more painful than anything a lot of walking helps to relieve that. Also I couldn't sleep laying down for the first for five days because it was too uncomfortable at the port site and it burned and pulled so I just slept in my recliner you know a few hours here and there. The incisions really never bothered me too much

Pain isn't bad at all now really. Just a little uncomfortable when I first lay down

I am getting banded March 19/12. In Vancouver, Canada. My husband was a year ago and has lost 70lbs. His success changed my mind about it and I'm tired of losing then gaining. This should be very life changing and I'm excited.

what a marvellous job he has done.. was it hard for him?/ like you, im sick of the see sawing involved with weight loss and weight gain. its really demoralising

Good luck didiox

Sent from my PC36100 using LapBandTalk

Thank you Jhaywoo! You too :) I hope it goes well for you as well.

I am not looking forward to staying there, ugh hate those places, nothing better than to be home for me. Unless, of course, you live by yourself. You definetely need support those days. I am so happy for all of us and I send positive vibes to each and everyone of you!

BTW, I heard the Total Lean shake from GNC is good. Ive tried the strawberry and I like. Check it out, someone was asking.

Didi

Hi! I am new to this site, being banded in Victoria BC this Friday. I am BEYOND nervous...afraid I will die on the table! I haven't had a whole lot of success losing weight preop...I have PCOS as well which doesn't make it easy! I am looking forward to hearing about our experiences and sharing mine as well.

I am also new to the site and due to be banded on 13th march it's great to share experiences with others I am in scotland and everyone had slight differences depending where they are in the world. Really excited and looking forward to the rest of my journey.

Hello, I also am going to be banded tommorow the 13th and really nervous now I hate pain so that's what I am scared of.

The binder I got said that I could lose weight before surgery by any method I wanted or to use their Optifast pre surgery diet. I'm not sure what that is exactly.

My mom did Optifast, and if my memory is correct, so did Oprah. There may be different types of Optifast diets, but my mom drank five ready-to-drink Optifast shakes (and chicken Soup sometimes) daily as Meal Replacements. She lost weight quickly because she ate no food at all.

My surgery date is Friday, March 30th - cautiously optimistic I can do this! Good luck March bandsters!!