Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-banders unite!!!

Congratulations to all of you that have a date...hats off to you! :yo:

I never thought about a car accident, but you never know when you take to the road.

~Sorority ChiK~ I would highly recommend you call your insurance company without being a pest. :mad: I would want to make sure they have everything they need and it gives you the opportunity to follow-up if something is missing. Like I said, I plan on calling once a week and I also document every date, time, and person I talk to just for my personal reference.....a habit from my working days.

~nc_longhorn~ That is a terrible thing your dealing with and I can't believe they told you to stop calling. I take it you are approved and only waiting on a surgery date? What is physicians review? I'm not familiar with that. Wish I could help in some way. Maybe call and ask to speak to the office manager and calmly try to get some answers. Best of luck and I hope you get your date soon.....you've been waiting a long time in my book.

BAND RELATED ISSUES THAT FRIGHTEN ME:phanvan

:sick i AM AFRAID OF COMPLICATIONS

:eek: i AM AFRAID OF BEING SO FINE, THAT MY OLD MAN'S EYES POP OUT

:heh: I AM AFRAID OF SOME AQUAINTANCES BEING JEALOUS

:kiss I AM AFRAID THAT MY SECRET MAY GET OUT

:cool: I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO COOL, THAT IT WILL HAVE AN ADVERSE AFFECT ON THE CURRENT GLOBAL WARMING TREND, FURTHER DISRUPTING THE IMBALANCE OF NATURE.

:omg: I AM AFRAID THAT MY MOUTH WILL STICK OPEN LIKE THIS POOR GUYS.

:hungry: I AM AFRAID I WILL MISS food.

:kiss2: I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO FINE THAT EVERYONE MISTAKES ME FOR A STRIPPER

:bandit I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO DAM CUTE THAT SOME BANDIT TRIES TO STEAL ME

:o I AM AFRAID I WILL PB IN PUBLIC, AND BE EMBARASSED

:tea: I AM AFRAID THAT IF I CHEER TO SOON, I WILL JINX MYSELF

:peep: I AM AFRAID THIS WEIRD GUY BEHIND THE WALL IS GONNA GET ME

:ban: I AM AFRAID THAT MY HUSBAND WILL KEEP ME CHAINED UP FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL RECREATION.

:alien I AM AFRAID I WILL BE ABDUCTED BY ALIENS BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER I AM BANDED.

:Bunny I AM AFRAID THIS IS THE CUTEST LIL RABBIT I NEVER DID SEE

:car: I AM AFRAID THE CAMERA WILL ADD 10 LBS....NOT!!!

:violin:I AM AFRAID EVERYONE WILL GET TIRED OF HEARING ME TALK ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS TO BUY NEW CLOTHING

:boom:I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO FINE, THAT I SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST

:tape2:I AM AFRAID OF WAKING UP FROM SURGERY WITH MY MOUTH TAPED

:mad: I AM AFRAID I MAY BE BANNED FROM THE BOARD FOR OVERUSE OF SMILEYS

:usa2:I AM AFRAID OF SAYING THE PLEDGE TOO LOUD

:bolt:I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL BE SO HOT THAT EVERYONE WILL RUN FROM ME

:dance:I AM AFRAID I MAY SING AND DANCE NONSTOP

:canada: I AM AFRAID OF CANADIANS............?

:Yawn: I AM AFRAID THAT LAST INSTALLMENT OF $9,200 WILL STICK TO MY HAND WHEN I TRY TO GIVE IT TO THE SURGERY CENTER

:hurt I AM AFRAID OF PEOPLE WHO CRY LIKE THIS

:plane: I AM AFRAID TO RIDE IN A SINGLE AIRPLANE SEAT

:boink: I AM AFRAID OF THIS WEIDO STICKING ME WITH A..STICK

:kev: I AM AFRAID OF BEING CURSED OUT IN CHINESE

:pizza: I AM AFRAID OF NEVER BEING ABLE TO EAT pizza AGAIN

:fish: I AM AFRAID OF GETTING HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A FISH...AREN'T YOU?

:whoo:I AM AFRAID THAT MY HUSBAND WILL BE LOOKING AT ME AND DANCING LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

:drama: I AM AFRAID I WILL HAVE A MEAN NURSE

:pirate AND A ONE EYED DOCTOR

:rofl:I AM AFRAID OF ANYONE WHO CAN DO THIS WITH THEIR HEAD

:fish2: I AM AFRAID A FISH MIGHT MISTAKE ME FOR BAIT

:spy: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL HAVE TO GO INCOGNITA TO AVOID THE PAPPARAZZI

:hail: I AM AFRAID THAT PEOPLE WILL WORSHIP ME FOR MY SLEEK AND CHISELED A$$

:couch2: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL GET STUCK IN BETWEEN THE CUSHIONS

:popcorn:I AM AFRAID OF BEING SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT IN A popcorn BAG

:brick: I AM DEFINITLY AFRAID OF SOMEONE THROWING A BRICK AND HITTING ME IN THE HEAD

:humble:I AM AFRAID THAT THIS WILL BE THE TREATMENT I GET IN PUBLIC

:lick EITHER THAT OR THIS

:llama:I AM AFRAID A WILD LLAMA WILL CHASE ME DOWN AND SPIT IN MY EYE AND CAUSE AN INFECTION DELAYING MY PROCEDURE

:director: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL BE AFRAID OF MY PERSONAL TRAINER

:cheer2:I AM AFRAID THAT I MIGHT FIT BACK INTO MY SIZE 5 HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADER OUTFIT, AND DH WILL MAKE ME WEAR IT TO BED...EVERY...NIGHT

:banana I AM AFRAID I WONT BE ABLE TO DANCE AS GOOD AS THE banana GUYS

:lie:I AM AFRAID MY NOSE WILL GROW FROM LETTING EVERYONE BELIEVE THAT DIETING ALONE ACCOMPLISHED ALL THIS.

BUT MOST OF ALL, I AM AFRAID THAT IF I DO NOT GET THE SURGERY, I WILL LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE IN THIS SAD, PATHETIC WAY THAT I DO NOW.

I AM SO GLAD YOU STARTED THIS THREAD, I REALLY ENJOY ENTERTAINING MYSELF WITH THESE SMILEYS.

I am pre-band also. Waiting on insurance approval. I have jumped through almost all of the hoops, Except one, my surgeon wants me on a 1000 calorie diet right now and I am having a really hard time trying to keep at that. We are leaving to go on a vacation to Mexico next week and I am panicing that I won't fit in the plane seat. Then I think about after banding, will I do what I am supposed to? am I going to fall back into the same patterns? should I have had the bypass? I will do the bypass if I have to. I know for sure insurance will pay for that. According to my surgeon I need to lose over 200 pounds which makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing with the band. I know also that slow and steady win the race. I know I really want the band because it is safer. So just keep me in your prayers that I get approved. (sorry for rambling)

Jan :pray:

like many here I only decided in January. I do not have private insurance to cover it, so I will be paying the full $15,000 bill. I have had surgery before, and it was not that bad. I really had no pain ( jaw surgery) and I am hoping this will be the same. I too am concerned about the no drining bit. I drink A LOT with my meals, but since I know that will make the food slip through faster, I will need to stop that. My BMI is 36, but my doc still wants me to do the 2 week Optifast to reduce fat around my liver.. I start Thursday :mad: , but I had pancakes tonight and tomorrow something just as bad, kinda like my last supper. Oh well, this fasting period will be helpful during lent!

Me, me, I live in British Columbia, Canada. I found a doctor in Vancouver, the fee is 13,000 some. I have a date in the first week of July. I am excited, I dream of donating each and every item of clothing in my closet as they get too big and buying at goal, 3 new pairs of pants, a few shirts and that is all I want. (other than summer wear of course) I have so many sizes in my closet, I shoudl be OK until I get to goal.

My fear is not being able to stop my emotional eating. I fear erosion, slippage, etc. I also really want to keep this to myself and not tell everybody. I fear 30 days liquid diet that Dr. Leung in Vancouver suggests.

But still, I am just so excited to be rid of this weight I have carried around for a lifetime and my surgery date can't come quickly enough.

Hi, I'm scheduled for March 7th, if I haven't screwed it up. One of the requirements of my surgeon is to quit smoking 2 months before surgery. I did, but had a bad day a couple of days ago and had a couple. Now I'm afraid I'll be tested and sent home on my band day. Keep you fingers crossed for me.

I've waited for a full year to get here and been through 2 insurance companies. If I've screwed it up now, I don't know what I'll do.

Is anyone here trying to plan the perfect "fib" to tell folks as to why they are having surgery? I really don't even want to tell my family because of the heat I may get. Of course, my dh knows and is very supportive. Any good ideas:)

BAND RELATED ISSUES THAT FRIGHTEN ME:phanvan

:sick i AM AFRAID OF COMPLICATIONS

:eek: i AM AFRAID OF BEING SO FINE, THAT MY OLD MAN'S EYES POP OUT

:heh: I AM AFRAID OF SOME AQUAINTANCES BEING JEALOUS

:kiss I AM AFRAID THAT MY SECRET MAY GET OUT

:cool: I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO COOL, THAT IT WILL HAVE AN ADVERSE AFFECT ON THE CURRENT GLOBAL WARMING TREND, FURTHER DISRUPTING THE IMBALANCE OF NATURE.

:omg: I AM AFRAID THAT MY MOUTH WILL STICK OPEN LIKE THIS POOR GUYS.

:hungry: I AM AFRAID I WILL MISS food.

:kiss2: I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO FINE THAT EVERYONE MISTAKES ME FOR A STRIPPER

:bandit I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO DAM CUTE THAT SOME BANDIT TRIES TO STEAL ME

:o I AM AFRAID I WILL PB IN PUBLIC, AND BE EMBARASSED

:tea: I AM AFRAID THAT IF I CHEER TO SOON, I WILL JINX MYSELF

:peep: I AM AFRAID THIS WEIRD GUY BEHIND THE WALL IS GONNA GET ME

:ban: I AM AFRAID THAT MY HUSBAND WILL KEEP ME CHAINED UP FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL RECREATION.

:alien I AM AFRAID I WILL BE ABDUCTED BY ALIENS BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER I AM BANDED.

:Bunny I AM AFRAID THIS IS THE CUTEST LIL RABBIT I NEVER DID SEE

:car: I AM AFRAID THE CAMERA WILL ADD 10 LBS....NOT!!!

:violin:I AM AFRAID EVERYONE WILL GET TIRED OF HEARING ME TALK ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS TO BUY NEW CLOTHING

:boom:I AM AFRAID I WILL BE SO FINE, THAT I SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST

:tape2:I AM AFRAID OF WAKING UP FROM SURGERY WITH MY MOUTH TAPED

:mad: I AM AFRAID I MAY BE BANNED FROM THE BOARD FOR OVERUSE OF SMILEYS

:usa2:I AM AFRAID OF SAYING THE PLEDGE TOO LOUD

:bolt:I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL BE SO HOT THAT EVERYONE WILL RUN FROM ME

:dance:I AM AFRAID I MAY SING AND DANCE NONSTOP

:canada: I AM AFRAID OF CANADIANS............?

:Yawn: I AM AFRAID THAT LAST INSTALLMENT OF $9,200 WILL STICK TO MY HAND WHEN I TRY TO GIVE IT TO THE SURGERY CENTER

:hurt I AM AFRAID OF PEOPLE WHO CRY LIKE THIS

:plane: I AM AFRAID TO RIDE IN A SINGLE AIRPLANE SEAT

:boink: I AM AFRAID OF THIS WEIDO STICKING ME WITH A..STICK

:kev: I AM AFRAID OF BEING CURSED OUT IN CHINESE

:pizza: I AM AFRAID OF NEVER BEING ABLE TO EAT pizza AGAIN

:fish: I AM AFRAID OF GETTING HIT IN THE HEAD WITH A FISH...AREN'T YOU?

:whoo:I AM AFRAID THAT MY HUSBAND WILL BE LOOKING AT ME AND DANCING LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

:drama: I AM AFRAID I WILL HAVE A MEAN NURSE

:pirate AND A ONE EYED DOCTOR

:rofl:I AM AFRAID OF ANYONE WHO CAN DO THIS WITH THEIR HEAD

:fish2: I AM AFRAID A FISH MIGHT MISTAKE ME FOR BAIT

:spy: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL HAVE TO GO INCOGNITA TO AVOID THE PAPPARAZZI

:hail: I AM AFRAID THAT PEOPLE WILL WORSHIP ME FOR MY SLEEK AND CHISELED A$$

:couch2: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL GET STUCK IN BETWEEN THE CUSHIONS

:popcorn:I AM AFRAID OF BEING SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT IN A popcorn BAG

:brick: I AM DEFINITLY AFRAID OF SOMEONE THROWING A BRICK AND HITTING ME IN THE HEAD

:humble:I AM AFRAID THAT THIS WILL BE THE TREATMENT I GET IN PUBLIC

:lick EITHER THAT OR THIS

:llama:I AM AFRAID A WILD LLAMA WILL CHASE ME DOWN AND SPIT IN MY EYE AND CAUSE AN INFECTION DELAYING MY PROCEDURE

:director: I AM AFRAID THAT I WILL BE AFRAID OF MY PERSONAL TRAINER

:cheer2:I AM AFRAID THAT I MIGHT FIT BACK INTO MY SIZE 5 HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADER OUTFIT, AND DH WILL MAKE ME WEAR IT TO BED...EVERY...NIGHT

:banana I AM AFRAID I WONT BE ABLE TO DANCE AS GOOD AS THE BANANA GUYS

:lie:I AM AFRAID MY NOSE WILL GROW FROM LETTING EVERYONE BELIEVE THAT DIETING ALONE ACCOMPLISHED ALL THIS.

BUT MOST OF ALL, I AM AFRAID THAT IF I DO NOT GET THE SURGERY, I WILL LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE IN THIS SAD, PATHETIC WAY THAT I DO NOW.

I AM SO GLAD YOU STARTED THIS THREAD, I REALLY ENJOY ENTERTAINING MYSELF WITH THESE SMILEYS.

OMG.....I can't believe it....we must be twins, separated at birth....:biggrin1: Those are my sentiments EXACTLY, on every count. I made my decision to get banded back in November, only to find out that my ins.co. required a 6 month documented weight loss. So.....I hope to be banded sometime in April. The wait is driving me crazy, as well as the "complications" threads. I keep wondering if I am making a mistake attempting this at my age (60 in July). Also, will I be a turtle? Will my intestines twist due to the weight loss? Will I PB in public? Will people look at me while I eat? Will my husband resent my weight loss? Will the sky fall? ect.,ect.,ect.

Neat idea for a thread. I too, am "A lady in waiting," for my surgical date that is. Been approved by the insurance and I feel I am almost obsessed with getting this done. I am on three message boards and call my doc's office everyday waiting for them to call me back with a date.

Fears? Ummmm ... my biggest fear is that I won't lose the weight I need to. Fear of dyng? Not too much, I think when it's our time, it's our time. I am 58 and have had a good life, not that I want to leave but I am willing to take whatever risks there are to lose the weight. The payoff is worth the risks to me. I had bylateral knee repalcements 4 years ago and have many more problems with mobility than before. Weight has been a contributing factor and the knees have caused even more weight gain.

I have been reading threads about how co-workers and freinds can be pretty mean. I think I have decided not to say anything for awhile. Once I lose a substantial amount I will probably say something.

Is anyone here trying to plan the perfect "fib" to tell folks as to why they are having surgery? I really don't even want to tell my family because of the heat I may get. Of course, my dh knows and is very supportive. Any good ideas:)

I've told my dh of course, and my two grown sons and their wives all of which are supportive. All others I intend to say that I had a test done and they found something in my stomach ( which they truthfully did, I have 3 polyps) and that I have to have surgery. As I loss weight they will probably assume it has to do with my stomach surgery.

I've told my dh of course, and my two grown sons and their wives all of which are supportive. All others I intend to say that I had a test done and they found something in my stomach ( which they truthfully did, I have 3 polyps) and that I have to have surgery. As I loss weight they will probably assume it has to do with my stomach surgery.

I may steal your story.....:biggrin1: I jsut hope my family will forgive me if one day I end up fessing up....

Your family will be so happy to finally see you healthy and happy that I don't think they will stay angry at you. If they are angry, just tell them that you didn't tell them before hand because you were already anxious yourself and didn't need the added stress of worrying about them worrying. Did that make sense?:mad:

Hi, my name is Ronda, I am scheduled to have the band on march 3rd in Mexico. I just can't wait. I am scared that I will spend all this money and then I won't lose the weight. I'm counting down the days!

Neat thread.

I am another one waiting to hear from the insurance company. I called last week and found out that I made it past the RN review and my file is now waiting for the DR review. It's almost time for my weekly phone call to see what's going on. But between the diabetes, high blood pressure, and the high bmi I don't really see how they can deny me unless they find some strange reason. :car:

I started my journey two days before Thanksgiving and would love to have surgery over spring break, but I'll do it whenever the approval comes through. :mad:

Audra

:mad: Congratz to all of u who are scheduled to go before me. I know you'll do fine. Just keep remembering why u started this journey in the first place.

Roberta