Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Would Love To Be Your Buddy, Your Mentor Or Whatever You Need

Hello my name is MomW. I am from Janesville, Wisconsin. I am 49 years old (yes actually). I have recently became a stay at home wife after 30 years in the clerical industry. I have 3 children, 2 adult daughters and 1 teenage son. I am also the proud Nana to 3 (and soon to be 4th in August) grandchildren and one granddog. I was banded January 28, 2011. I have lost 45 pounds with my band and am now working on the last 15. After losing my job, I regained 7 so I am now back hard at getting these last pounds off. I like many of struggled with weight my whole life. I would love to help anyone who would like to share, and I look forward to learning and being enriched by your story.

I definitely need a buddy to help with the rough days and the good days as well. I was banded seventeen days before you . I'm a mother of two wonderful, highly energetic children..lol. I'm from northeast Texas and self employed so I stay busy all of the time. I don't have any close friends who have had this procedure done so at times I feel I don't really have anyone to talk to about the challenges I deal with. Would love to hear from you!

Melissa, it would be my honor to be your buddy! I too can you use any help that I can get. I sure can relate on the lack of support. It is hard to so many to understand if they have not had the procedure. I can also relate to having the energy of little ones. I have the opportunity to watch my 2 grandsons at least 3 times a week. They are 5 and almost 3, and they too have the energy. It is definately hard to take care of yourself when you have their demands and all the other demands of life. But, you have to at least try and remember to take time for yourself. Let me know how I can help.

Hello! I'm from Wisconsin too! Would you have room for another person?!

I would love to offer you any support or anything that I possible can. It helps us all to share. I see by your profile that you were just banded. Congrats on the decision. It is a great tool, but remember it is up to you to use it well. I cant wait to hear your story and hear how I can be the best support to you.

I am sorry to report that I no longer have my lap band. The recent bout I had with inability to keep anything down was the result of the slip of my lap band. My bariatric surgeon removed all my Fluid Monday, so I could at least eat and drink something. Wednesday morning I had and upper GI that confirmed by band had slipped. I was rolled down to OR by early afternoon the same day to have my band removed. My surgeon now says that he would recommend not putting in another band as I had one slip, and in his history, the chances are high that it would happen again. In 8 weeks, I will have some sort of surgery to replace the band - he is talking a sleeve or bypass at this point. So much for being a great buddy. I have probably scared you all away now. Be assured though, my surgeon told me that I was one of the 4% who have their band slip. So keep on going. I am not giving up, but I am moving pretty slowly today.

Thank you for posting I'm sure you have be on roller coaster. It is good that people hear all side of the lb before deciding on get lb. it is nice of you to post in such positive way. Good luck to you hope you have better success and safe wt loss