Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To Lbt. Soon To Be Bandster March 14Th....

Focus on you, its your journey...I will be banded on March 9th, and I have told no one really besides my husband and a couple of people, maybe for the fear of back talk and not being strong enough to deal with it, hear it, or to take a stand to it, butI feel ok...I dont tell everyone when I go on a diet, so this is no diffrent...People may feel diffrent once they see you work hard, and they may be scared for you, one for the medical reason, and two or the change....they may be afraid of those two things, re asure those you have told, but if this is what you decide...then do this for you and your future!!! good luck!!! and yes I am doing a pre diet, doc orders, he just wants to make sure my liver is a bit less fatty..so shake for Breakfast, lunch and a sensible dinner....basically it sucks....but...doing my best...lol..good luck!!

I really appreciate your feedback! I am scared to face the negative comments as well. But I think we can turn that feedback into determination to prove them all wrong. You'll be getting banded a couple days before me and that's awesome! I hope everything goes well for you and that you have a safe and smooth recovery! I'm right behind you!

I just had 1 week of low fat. He just said if it taste good don't eat it Ha. I just ate as low fat as possible lost 5 lbs and so happy to be dropping wt again after plateau for weeks. It happens. Welcome hope all goes well for you I'm very happy with mine

How long have you had the band and when did you hit your plateau? I'm worried about that and I've heard many people mention it with the band....

I was on Atkins induction (less than 20g carbs) per day for 2 weeks prior... I lost 8 lbs on that and had surgery in 2/24.... I'm on Clear Liquids only for 1 week post op, then full liquids for week 2, then soft thn mushies for week 3 then fuller mushies for week 4.... I don't have my post op follow up til march 9 which is 2 weeks post op... Hoping to have lost a total of 15-20 by then smile.png

Everyone's dr seems to have them on different pre op and post op diets ... Mine seems a bit strict post op, and today I started feeling some hunger pangs....

Good luck to you on your journey !

Marissa, have you been hungry at all during the liquids stage? I laughed when you said mushies! :lol: Has it been hard since you've had it?

Is your meal low in carbs? Congrats on getting your surgery soon! I hope the approval goes well and everything goes right on track for surgery!

Low carb was not a requirement for my surgeon, just low fat. It seems like I am staying around 100 carbs per day (sometimes more, sometimes less) due to the Protein shakes.

I did finally get official approval and have scheduled my surgery for March 20th! I am definitely buckling down and want to lose another 10lbs by surgery day.

How long have you had the band and when did you hit your plateau? I'm worried about that and I've heard many people mention it with the band....

I've had since dec 22 but I also had foot surgery dec30. SO no walking exercise ect. I plateaued after 1 1/2 months. But now I can walk after non wt bear to part wt for 2 mOnths. And I got a full about 2 wks ago or so. Of 2 cc so starting to loose again.

I've had since dec 22 but I also had foot surgery dec30. SO no walking exercise ect. I plateaued after 1 1/2 months. But now I can walk after non wt bear to part wt for 2 mOnths. And I got a full about 2 wks ago or so. Of 2 cc so starting to loose again.

Hello everyone!

My name is Allie and I am a new member to this site. I have followed many of your stories for a couple months now but I was waiting until my surgery date was official to formally sign up. I have my pre-op on March 13th and my surgery is on the 14th. I am 20 years old and I decided to make a change to my eating habits and lifestyle. I don't have a lot of support from my parents and friends but my confidence in myself and my choice is what keeps me going. I know that this is going to change my life for the best but I am nervous much like everyone else on here!

Any advice for the lap band? Did you have much support with your decision?

I know that it is going to be a very difficult journey and I am just thankful there is an entire forum with so many people going through the same things I am going through. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks' date='

Allie[/quote']

Hi Allie, I'm 21 years old and am 8 months post op... I can tell you never look back! Obviously there are good and bad times to go through like maybe no motivation to exercise sometimes or eating bad foods but you realize it's really not worth it! just try your best and you will see weight will come off without you knowing! My suggestions for pre op diet would be high Protein shakes or replace with high Protein Bars or Soups 3 times a day plus 2 cups of low carb vegies eg- broccoli, snow peas, carrots etc... Dress with 1/2 tbs of low fat dressing and 1/2 of olive oil... If you get really hungry have some diet jelly! Goodluck!!! With or without support do it for yourself and no one else!!! and never give up! :)