Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Day- Feb 28

cfalbro
Sign in to follow this  

I can't believe it's happening. I'm not nervous or scared, just excited and relieved. I've been learning and gathering information for at least 4 years and now it is finally happening- tomorrow at 9:45am. It can't come soon enough and believe me, I'm counting the hours.

I'm brand new to this group and looking forward to sharing my success story and encouraged by reading every one else's. I hope that I can find the support I desire here and be of some help to others.

I can't believe it's done!! I've spent SO much time looking forward to this new journey and it's finally here. I'm already down 11 pounds just 5 days post op!! This is is going to be such a good good thing for me.

I can't believe it's done!! I've spent SO much time looking forward to this new journey and it's finally here. I'm already down 11 pounds just 5 days post op!! This is is going to be such a good good thing for me.

So glad to your feeling good :)

Hi, sounds like your doing great. My surgery was on the 24th of February. Have you had your first fill? I did, the dr. put in 5cc's. No restrictions yet. I'm kind of bummed.

I had my surgery Feb 23, and first fill yesterday, 4 cc, and hope it restricts, but a feeling it won't!

Where are people's "sweet spot" ? I want restriction, but I also don't want to bring up everything I eat, either!

I have an 11 cc. Realize Band. ANyone else have a realize band?

I have a 11cc Realize Band also. Today I had a second fill and he put in 3 cc's more. A total of 8 cc's now. I am on liquid again today and mushy food tomorrow, so Thursday will be the real test to see if I am having restrictions. I do believe I feel different this time around though. My first fill of 5 cc's gave me no restrictions at all. Keep us informed as to your progress!

Will def. keep you informed! We have a lot in common, for sure! We're the same age (born only a month apart) and both have Realize Bands. I have a little more weight to lose than you, but we can be partners in this! I really feel like I will have no restriction with the 4 ccs, but she wants to see me in two weeks because I only lost two pounds last month, so maybe she'll give me another fill! I hope so!!

I managed to lose weight from the day of surgery, but it was real hard fighting the urge to eat. Then when my first fill of 5 cc's didn't give me any restriction I started getting depressed and ate everything. Sad, but true. It's been only two weeks since my first fill and I'm glad I went back today. Good luck to you, lets hope we both find our sweet spots soon. PS: I also added you as a friend, not sure what that means (I'm new to all this web stuff,lol) but we'll stay in touch for sure. :)

I managed to lose weight from the day of surgery, but it was real hard fighting the urge to eat. Then when my first fill of 5 cc's didn't give me any restriction I started getting depressed and ate everything. Sad, but true. It's been only two weeks since my first fill and I'm glad I went back today. Good luck to you, lets hope we both find our sweet spots soon. PS: I also added you as a friend, not sure what that means (I'm new to all this web stuff,lol) but we'll stay in touch for sure. :)

Same here. been 2 weeks since my fill, no restriction. I'm bummed. Looking forward to another fill in 2 weeks. I really hope that's going to make a difference.

well I can definitely say that I'm feeling restricted (2nd fill), but I don't think it's quite enough yet. I'll see how I do in a month and discuss it with the doctor after seeing what my weight loss progress is. Keep in touch cfalbro and let us know how your second fill goes.

How are you doing girleyq?

Glad to hear of your success!! How much do you have in total now?

I'm on the road until Tuesday, so I will weigh myself when I get home and keep you posted. I'm hoping to have hit "onederland". I will say that I really feel the restriction if I don't chew well. I had my first bad, real bad experience with pain from it. I'm kind of glad it happened cause I was worried that things didn't feel tight enough. Lol. How are you doing?

I was away this weekend, and I'm proud to say, I didn't do that badly! We were served food, and I ate what I could and did the "only three bites" thing of the rest. Did have some things I shouldn't have, but when I compare it to what I would have wolfed down 3 months ago, I'm so proud of myself! I'm bummed with no restriction, too, but we all seem to be following the same path, losing originally (how could you not drinking Clear Liquids and Jello? LOL) and we're all kind of stuck a little and discouraged. But remember, we ROCK and in a year, we'll all be modeling our new clothes and personalities to go along with our new "us"!!!

I was away this weekend, and I'm proud to say, I didn't do that badly! We were served food, and I ate what I could and did the "only three bites" thing of the rest. Did have some things I shouldn't have, but when I compare it to what I would have wolfed down 3 months ago, I'm so proud of myself! I'm bummed with no restriction, too, but we all seem to be following the same path, losing originally (how could you not drinking clear liquids and Jello? LOL) and we're all kind of stuck a little and discouraged. But remember, we ROCK and in a year, we'll all be modeling our new clothes and personalities to go along with our new "us"!!!

Yep, you're right, we rock and we'll get there : )

Sometimes I wonder if the people who lost 100 pounds in a year had these slow periods when they first started... you know, until they got to the "sweet spot". I go back for my second fill in a week. I'm looking froward to it and hope that I'll get some better results after that. I'm fast approaching my first goal- to be 250 pounds by May 1. As of today I have 8 to go, but tomorrow is my "official" weigh in day, we'll see what it looks like tomorrow.